Unlock challenges

#1 Posted by 883924 (5 posts) -

I am unlocking the challenge categories on my iPad but it shows all the time message 'Internet unavailable, cannot connect etc etc' but I have connection. Any ideas?

#2 Edited by Beyond_the_infinite (102 posts) -

use more English.

#3 Posted by TruthTellah (8761 posts) -

@beyond_the_infinite: Not everyone is a native English speaker. We don't have to be rude to them just because of that. He seems to be making an effort.

@883924 I am uncertain what your specific problem may be. Have you made sure your iPad isn't in airplane mode? Is your iPad allowing the app to connect to the Internet? I have heard there have been some regional issues with it. Have you made sure the settings are country United States and Language English? That seemed to be an odd glitch some people were seeing. Lastly, have you made sure it is updated to the latest version of the app?

Good luck with it.

#4 Posted by 883924 (5 posts) -

Thanks for the reply. My iPad has Internet connection running smoothly (I'm working on safari) the game shows WB ID logged in, but when I press the challenge button it says 'could not establish connection to the Internet. Claim your rewards by establishing an Internet connection and restarting the app' it is rather strange isn't? Hope now was more clear.

#5 Posted by TruthTellah (8761 posts) -

@883924: Have you googled for a similar error on the game? Because that sounds like a bug that others have mentioned encountering.

#6 Posted by 883924 (5 posts) -

@truthtellah: I tried a bit but not found something interesting. In my iPhone I have the same prob as well as in a friend's iPad... Did anybody with an iPad succeed to take the challenge rewards?

#7 Posted by TruthTellah (8761 posts) -

@883924: I think people have. Though, I've heard plenty of people noting issues with it, especially regional issues with it saying it can't connect. That's all I know. I hope you can figure it out.

#8 Edited by 883924 (5 posts) -

Thanks for your time. I will try to. When u said for settings set to United States and language English you mean the device settings or in game settings?

#9 Edited by TruthTellah (8761 posts) -
#10 Posted by 883924 (5 posts) -

@truthtellah: thank you! I did it! You were a great help, thank you especially for your behavior

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.