Quick Look please?!

#1 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

Recently, this game became available on GOG.com for $15. I saw some stuff about it, did my research, and knew I wanted to buy it because of its old school approach to cRPGs. The game has been pretty fantastic so far.

It's also been a while since we got a Dave Quick Look. I'd love to see the guys give everyone a glimpse of what this game has to offer, while also...ya know...getting to hear Dave talk about cRPGs and such.

Any chances of a Quick Look on this? Also, is anyone else playing this?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'm pretty sure will be here to explain why his answer is "no", since he's the only person I know who has played it.

#3 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I'm pretty sure will be here to explain why his answer is "no", since he's the only person I know who has played it.

I'm curious to hear what he thinks.

Also, sorry they haven't released it on the moon yet.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@jakob187:

The greater issue would be if I could run it at all.

#5 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

Moon PCs aren't that strong, eh?

#6 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12114 posts) -

@jakob187: I would give you a lengthy diatribe on why I don't particularly like Inquisitor... but I think I'll save it for my blog that I am in the process of writing (also I still need to get through those stupid iron mines). Needless to say, I think I'd be more ok if it was more talking/inquisitor-ing and less of a crummy diablo-esque hack-n-slash. It has some good ideas, but the gameplay isn't one of them and it doesn't have the writing or the pacing of something like Planescape or The Witcher to make up for it.

EDIT: And now the blog is done.

@Video_Game_King: The game looks and plays like it came out around 2000. I think you'd be alright. If not, you should probably get that fixed, because I'm not sure how your computer is capable of loading up this website if that is the case. But it shouldn't matter anyways because there are at least a dozen CRPGs I would have you play before this one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.