Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 03, 2011

With art design by legendary animator Michel Gagné, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet sees players investigating the source of an ominous corruption spreading through the galaxy from within their small but powerful flying saucers.

Can't get last upgrade in water area...

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Yanngc33

Hey duders

Remember that part in the Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet QL where Brad is swimming down some currents and notices an upgrade that he can't get because of said current? Well I'm stuck there. I have all the weapons and I understand that I'm going to have to use the purple ray thingy to pull myself to the upgrade. However, I can't seem to be able to get out of the current as it goes around the bend. I've tried to latch on to a plant but despite holding on for dear life, I can't for the love of God get out of the current.

So yeah, any of you geniuses have the solution? :)

Also, currents in video games are dumb

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By louiedog

I don't remember that part being too difficult once I got the correct item. I just pushed my ship against the current to slow down, grabbed on to the purple block, and pointed both sticks at it to move down.

ExcessDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ExcessDan

I didn't even notice there was a purple block.  I see 2 paths down with both pushing the current in the wrong way but can't find anything to latch on to or grav pull.  The game doesn't seem to have been out long enough to find any guides online :(

ExcessDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ExcessDan

Just got it.  So there are 2 entrances to that area with current.  Go to the right most one.  On the left side there is some stuff that you can grab onto, the orange and black plants, grab the longest one and angle yourself so you're hanging to the right of it, I think slightly below.  From that position, you can let go and get your ship to the lower right of the room right against the barrier to the very right to help stop your progress and from there you should be able to get just below the jet stream.  Once you hit there, you should be free to maneuver along the bottom of that area there where the camera will pan down and reveal the purple cube.  The rest is easy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.