Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 03, 2011

With art design by legendary animator Michel Gagné, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet sees players investigating the source of an ominous corruption spreading through the galaxy from within their small but powerful flying saucers.

Early release

tadale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tadale

Did anyone else manage to pick this up early last night when it accidentally went live?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cincaid

@tadale:

Nope. :(

How is it?

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Julmust

At least eight!

tadale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By tadale

It's pretty much what I expected-- free-floating Metroid with great looking art. I'm afraid that it's going to be very short; last night I played for about two hours, and the game registered me at 52% completion and ranked me 13 in the world. 

There are lots of hidden collectibles and upgrades, like in any good Metroid-style game, but since the game does not use anything like ammo, a lot of the hidden things you find are pretty insubstantial. Hidden items unlock concept art, and short video clips that seem to be very similar to the "truth" videos in Assassin's Creed 2. I've been blowing through it, and no puzzles have slowed me down at all; it's always immediately clear what needs to be done. One of my friends managed to snag it in time, so we're going to try the multiplayer mode tonight.

EDIT: ITSP is my most anticipated game from the summer of arcade, since these Metroid-style games are some of my most favorite to play.

therealminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By therealminime

I too managed to pick it up last night, and played it for about an hour this morning, and it is fairly interesting. The visuals style is phenomenal, the cut scenes have a great 60's era vibe, but it is exactly what tadale said it is. It is a great looking, art-sy, free-floating Metroid game. I can't really form an accurate opinion on it yet, as I have played so little, but thus far it seems, at the very least, cool.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Samaritan

I'm so mad at myself for missing it. I managed to grab From Dust early after seeing Joystiq report on the Microsoft store selling it early, but didn't know that the rest of the Summer of Arcade games were also up for sale. If I had known that, I would've grabbed ITSP as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.