Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 03, 2011

With art design by legendary animator Michel Gagné, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet sees players investigating the source of an ominous corruption spreading through the galaxy from within their small but powerful flying saucers.

I'm the 3rd Person to Ever 100% Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet!

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Luke

If you guys play a game called Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet next week, you can say that one of your fellow Giant Bomb Dooders was the 3rd person on the planet (not a shadow one) to ever 100% the game!  I even beat GameSpot's Justin Calvert :p  

I was almost #2, but my friend Cyrus beat me to it by just a hair. I actually 100%'d the game map before he did, but he got 100% on everything else + the map before I could.  #1 doesn't even count because we believe that it's one of the devs... anyway, I'll forever be immortalized as such, on the XBOX 360 Leaderboards, since I don't believe Microsoft is gunna wipe them before release next week!  Yes, it's got the same kinda lame Leaderboards as say Bastion or Braid.  

Currently, only 4 human beings in this world have ever 100%'d the game.  

Anyway, I think I may try for a review and maybe even a guide here soon.  If you want my early review here it is:  "There is no doubt in my mind, no one should pass on this game!  Worth the $15 for sure!"  

If you guys have any questions about the game, go ahead and post them up and I'll try to answer them.  I guess I'll toss-up a User Review here on Giant Bomb when it's available.  Cheers!   

EDIT:  Fixed 2 grammar mistakes in my original post.  

Also, I am one of the first people to get all 200 Gamerscore on this game, which looking at things, only 3 people have ever done it!  Along with Cyrus and Infamy, us 3 were able to kill-it in multiplayer and we all got 200G at the same time!!!    

This is what it looks like on my TrueAchievements.com profile, when you're the first in the world to get an Achievement or 2 it just gives you a score of 125! :O  

No Caption Provided

Giant Bomb User Review in-coming, as soon as available!  
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Vexxan

Good job, Jeremy.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Sounds like a very short game.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Sooperspy

What is it exactly? What does it play like?

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Luke
    @Vegsen said:

Good job, Jeremy.

Lol, what?  Is this like a reference to like Pearl Jam or something?    

@Turtlebird95
    said:

Yeah, it's probably a tad shorter than say Super Metroid or Shadow Complex, though I can beat those 2 games faster than the time I beat Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.  Take from that what you will :p   

I want to say it took me about 15 hours to 100% with no guide or help what-so-ever.  So, about a $1 an hour of entertainment.  But it also has multiplayer, which is actually pretty fun.  I've been playing it with my friend Cyrus (#2 on the Leaderboards).  
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Luke
    @Redbullet685 said:

What is it exactly? What does it play like?

It's a Metroidvania game, with Dual-Joystick Shooter controls.  Actually, it mostly plays kinda like Aquaria, to put it in the realm of what it feels like to me.  
    samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By samfo

Great job Jeremy

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Luke said:   

@Turtlebird95
    said:

Yeah, it's probably a tad shorter than say Super Metroid or Shadow Complex, though I can beat those 2 games faster than the time I beat Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.  Take from that what you will :p    I want to say it took me about 15 hours to 100% with no guide or help what-so-ever.  So, about a $1 an hour of entertainment.  But it also has multiplayer, which is actually pretty fun.  I've been playing it with my friend Cyrus (#2 on the Leaderboards).   

Sounds good enough for a purchase then. Thanks!
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Luke
    @Vegsen said:

Good job, Jeremy.

@SamFo said:
    Great job Jeremy
    Lol, I get the meme now.  Christ.
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Vexxan

Oh and I'm totally buying this game next week, seems super awesome.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By frankxiv

so nobody tested it? or you did?

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Aishan

How did you get a copy?

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HellBrendy

Hows' the music?  

How did you get a hold of the game?

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By bwheeeler

The game was on sale for a little while Tuesday night through the Microsoft Store. For anyone worried about length, it's one of those games that doesn't overstay its welcome - I'm in the third world right now (of five, I think) and each one has lasted exactly as long as it should have. It's a pretty fun game. The puzzles have been my favorite parts, just the right difficulty - but the whole game is really solid.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Luke
    @onimonkii said:

so nobody tested it? or you did?  

In the end credits there was like 6 or 7 Testers.  I'm sure some, if not all of them have 100%'d some iteration of the game.  But I'm talking about the release version on XBLA, hooked-into the XBOX Live Leaderboards, where people have proof of their deeds :)   

@Aishan said:

How did you get a copy?  

Microsoft accidently gave it out to a few lucky souls who pre-purchased the game.  When I looked last on the Leaderboards, there was something like 244 people who had gotten to 1% or higher completion.  

@HellBrendy said:

Hows' the music?   How did you get a hold of the game?

The music wasn't very memorable in my opinion, because I can't actually recall any of the tunes right now, but it does have some Black Metal in the cutscenes, by some famous like Sweden/Norwegian Metal Band.  If I remember correctly, in many parts, it's just got a bunch of ambient sounds going-on where no music plays at all.  For your next question, Microsoft accidently gave it out to a few lucky souls who pre-purchased the game.  When I looked last on the Leaderboards, there was something like 244 people who had gotten 1% or higher completion.   

This movie isn't really representative of the final product (because it's from 2009), but is perhaps an example of the Black Metal type of music used:   
    Pyroph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pyroph

It says there's music from Dimmu Borgir in it, but I don't recall hearing much of it to my memory.  Also, a lot of the stuff in that trailer isn't even in the game, haha. 

I'll be online if anyone wants to play the multiplayer. 

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Luke
    @Pyroph said:
    It says there's music from Dimmu Borgir in it, but I don't recall hearing much of it to my memory.  Also, a lot of the stuff in that trailer isn't even in the game, haha.  I'll be online if anyone wants to play the multiplayer. 
    Yeah, trailer is like 2 years old.  

Anyway, dood, we should total play multiplayer, get passed area 9 and get over 1 million!!!  I already got 2 other guys on-board, I believe.  4 player insanelyness!  :p  

I'll be on in like maybe 3 hours from now... still at work :(  
    Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Scottish_Sin

What's the multiplayer mode exactly? Is it a co-op style thing or something else?

Avatar image for deactivated-62a2156b63958
    deactivated-62a2156b63958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Luke: GameSpot's Justin Calvert is still trying to find the last artifact. It's driving him so crazy that he's started talking about himself in the third-person.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Luke
    @JusticeCovert:  Haha!  Since I was so happy to be above a Gaming God, like yourself, for once... I would be more than happy to help you out, if you want.  I can think of maybe like 2 artifacts that drove me nuts and are hard to find.  

Maybe we can also even get some multiplayer going later, if you need to do that for your review, as well :)   

Just let me know!  
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Luke
    @Scottish_Sin said:
    What's the multiplayer mode exactly? Is it a co-op style thing or something else?
    Pure co-op... and it actually turns-out that it's pretty fun!  
    cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By cinemandrew

@Luke said:

"There is no doubt in my mind that anyone should pass on this game!"

I'm guessing you meant for this to sound positive. It's actually quite negative.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By EuanDewar

Mastered it.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Great shot Jeremy.

But damn, I am looking forward to this game. To hear it's a metroidvania type game with it's cool visuals has got me intrigued. I just hope it holds my attention better than Outland.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Luke
    @cinemandrew said:

@Luke said:

"There is no doubt in my mind that anyone should pass on this game!"

I'm guessing you meant for this to sound positive. It's actually quite negative.

I edited my post, I think I fixed it to say what I want now.  Damn double negatives!  I also found another grammar issue other than the one you told me about.    

@The_Hiro_Abides said:

Great shot Jeremy.

But damn, I am looking forward to this game. To hear it's a metroidvania type game with it's cool visuals has got me intrigued. I just hope it holds my attention better than Outland.

Get it!  It's definitely worth $15. 

Anyway, also, I am one of the first people to get all 200 Gamerscore on this game, which looking at things, only 3 people have ever done it!  Along with Cyrus and Infamy, us 3 were able to kill-it in multiplayer and we all got 200G at the same exact time!!!   

Giant Bomb User Review in-coming, as soon as available.  
    bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bwheeeler

Alright, I'm on the last boss right now and it's really making me mad. The final world was frustrating, but barely doable. The final boss is way, way too difficult. The first phase is easy, the second phase requires some practice (also, why can the missiles sometimes go through my laser beam?), but the final phase turns the difficulty up to a ridiculous degree. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but (without spoiling too much) it turns the game into some kind of bullet hell shooter where there are plain missiles flying outward in every direction, homing missiles constantly being launched at you, and the thing you're trying to kill constantly bum-rushing you. This is from a mostly puzzle- and exploration-focused game. I've tried it probably fifteen times and consistently die at the same part. The rest of the game is very good, but this last boss feels like it's from a different, much more combat-focused game.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By buft
    @The_Hiro_Abides said:

Great shot Jeremy.

i had the same problem with outland, great start but i eventually got bored before finishing
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Luke
    @MagikOvenMit said:
    Alright, I'm on the last boss right now and it's really making me mad. The final world was frustrating, but barely doable. The final boss is way, way too difficult. The first phase is easy, the second phase requires some practice (also, why can the missiles sometimes go through my laser beam?), but the final phase turns the difficulty up to a ridiculous degree. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but (without spoiling too much) it turns the game into some kind of bullet hell shooter where there are plain missiles flying outward in every direction, homing missiles constantly being launched at you, and the thing you're trying to kill constantly bum-rushing you. This is from a mostly puzzle- and exploration-focused game. I've tried it probably fifteen times and consistently die at the same part. The rest of the game is very good, but this last boss feels like it's from a different, much more combat-focused game.
    This is weird.  You're the second person I've hear say this, but I've beaten the final boss twice now and I have never died on him once?  Is your ship fully upgraded completely!?  
    bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bwheeeler
    @Luke: I just beat it. For those who don't have the game, you can scan enemies and you'll see a list of possible weapons to fight them with, and the most effective will usually be highlighted. For the final phase of the boss, it recommends the saw, which is essentially a melee weapon. It turns out that, in this case, the saw is absolutely the one weapon which you should definitely not use, which totally makes sense I guess. Could be that I just misunderstood what the game was trying to tell me. I used the regular blaster and was through it in a heartbeat. 
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Luke
    @MagikOvenMit: Oh, lol, that explains it.  Yeah, fully upgraded blaster is all I used against him too.  The last part he rams at you, so using the saw isn't really recommended, because that would be hard to get out of the way.  Maybe the scanner only highlights it because it does the most damage?... but would require an insane amount of skill and concentration to pull off, which isn't worth the effort at all.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.