Whiskey Media Intern-Watch 2011: Tons of Terrible Trailers

Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Day 14:

It's been two weeks since I've started here at Whiskey Media, and boy time flown.

Except when it hasn't.

Such was the case over the past two days when I had my most grueling of tasks. Intern-wrangler Ethanassigned me the task of getting some quotes for every movie in 2011, past and present. At first I thought "oh this won't be so bad I'll go find some quotes on IMDB or something." I was wrong.

This task was easy enough with big movies like Hangover II, or Thor, but some of these movies had quotes nowhere to be found. So I figured I would go watch the trailers and get some quotes from them.

Do you know how many movies have been released this year? No, go on, I'll let you guess... no really. What? Like, 50 or something? Yeah that's what I thought too. Turns out there have been 350 ****ING MOVIES in the five months of 2011 alone. And I have to watch trailers for all of them.

They have ranged from bad:

To terrible:

To pretty much the worst thing ever (WARNING NSFW... or anything)

Anyway, this is a terrible task but I still love my job here. Even if I'm only 50 deep into the 350 releases of the year.

#1 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Day 14:

It's been two weeks since I've started here at Whiskey Media, and boy time flown.

Except when it hasn't.

Such was the case over the past two days when I had my most grueling of tasks. Intern-wrangler Ethanassigned me the task of getting some quotes for every movie in 2011, past and present. At first I thought "oh this won't be so bad I'll go find some quotes on IMDB or something." I was wrong.

This task was easy enough with big movies like Hangover II, or Thor, but some of these movies had quotes nowhere to be found. So I figured I would go watch the trailers and get some quotes from them.

Do you know how many movies have been released this year? No, go on, I'll let you guess... no really. What? Like, 50 or something? Yeah that's what I thought too. Turns out there have been 350 ****ING MOVIES in the five months of 2011 alone. And I have to watch trailers for all of them.

They have ranged from bad:

To terrible:

To pretty much the worst thing ever (WARNING NSFW... or anything)

Anyway, this is a terrible task but I still love my job here. Even if I'm only 50 deep into the 350 releases of the year.

#2 Posted by afrokola (547 posts) -

I would have probably watched all of the movies, just for fun. Then again, maybe that would have taken really really long ha ha.

#3 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5425 posts) -

My favorite thing about this blog is probably what it's attached to.

#4 Posted by Danteveli (1186 posts) -

350 movies this year and I have seen like 10. At this rate I will never see every movie made since I was born.
And good luck with quote finding.

#5 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

Being an intern at Whiskey Media sounds like both the best and worst thing ever.

#6 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@GlenTennis: God bless your soul, Glen. Do you think you'll survive?
#7 Posted by xeroxkitty (13 posts) -

Awww no... you have my sympathy!! This is why I'm often glad I'm not a film critic, cuz I can pick & choose which films to avoid ;)

#8 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

@Alaska_Gamer said:

Being an intern at Whiskey Media sounds like both the best and worst thing ever.

Even without the interns, I see this is as a little thing the main guys would have to do for the sake of management.

#9 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

And I thought my life was hard ;)

#10 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I don't know, Father's Day looked pretty cool in that bad but good kind of way.

#11 Posted by Sparklykiss (1965 posts) -

Perfect task for a bully like yourself! :D

Next I hope they have you make a list of your top 100 favorite releases so far. I would love to read that.

#12 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@Sparklykiss said:

Perfect task for a bully like yourself! :D

Next I hope they have you make a list of your top 100 favorite releases so far. I would love to read that.

What did I do to deserve this...

oh wait...

#13 Posted by Undeadpool (4941 posts) -

Quit yer bitchin' and FIND MORE TRAILERS!

#14 Posted by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -

@Undeadpool said:

Are interns allowed to boss other interns about? I don't think so. Get back to work and stop hassling Ben!!!!

#15 Posted by Undeadpool (4941 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

@Undeadpool said:

Are interns allowed to boss other interns about? I don't think so. Get back to work and stop hassling Ben!!!!

You might be a mod, but I'm rocker! Go ban some people!

#16 Posted by alexisg (383 posts) -

@GlenTennis: Clocktower. I am really excited for all the terrible things you and the interns will have to do in the next few weeks. I considered having all three of you walk my dog today. When everyone gets back from E3 it will most certainly get worst cause they will all be tired and cranky.

Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.