The Invasion of the Mutant Space Bats of Doom wiki last edited by BeachThunder on 08/04/14 09:55AM
View full history
Released in 1993 by Elven Software Company (later known as Pop Software), the shareware version of the game contained 21 rounds of gameplay while the full version contained a total of 65.
The game featured a very unique sense of humor (found almost entirely in the game's brief opening cutscene) that played off of B-movie tropes of the 50s and 60s.
Interestingly for the time, Invasion of the Mutant Space Bats of Doom allowed the player to not only move the spaceship horizontally but vertically as well, allowing for a much more complete range of motion.
A sequel titled Return of the Mutant Space Bats of Doom was released in 1995.
The game was originally distributed as shareware via mail-order throughout the 1990s. In 2001, Pop Software briefly resurfaced and sold the game along with its sequel via PayPal. By 2002 though, Pop Software, along with any real distribution of the game, had vanished once again.
- Green Gems: Increase speed of shots temporarily
- Red Gems: Increase rate-of-fire temporarily
- White Gems: Increase damage temporarily
- Blue Gems: Slow down the game temporarily
- Purple Gems: After collecting six of these gems, the player is granted an extra life