Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iPad

Platform »

The iPad is a series of touch-screen tablet devices developed by Apple. The iPad can browse the web, playback local and streamed content, and run a large variety of third party apps, including games.

Saw a real iPad with my own eyes.. maybe a month to go :(

nunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By nunami

The iPad hasn't been released in Australia yet so I ihaven't seen much in the way of a real iPad. We haven't had any ads on tv or in stores. The only way to get near it is through the internet. Before launch the net was completely flooded, over saturated with information on the iPad. After launch the hype died down and there isn't much in the way of new information on the iPad. Not having much new information is a little sad because I'm still hyped about the iPad but the wait is still a month away. But then.. today I saw one!

Walking to dinner, my wife and I passed a hotel and there it was. A lady was looking at a site and passed it over to her friend. With a swipe of her hand the page changed and right then... I wanted one. I wanted to stay and stare but I knew that would be stupid so we walked on. I can't wait to get one so I can chill out on the sofa and read up the latest news or catch the latest video on the Giant Bomb! My iPhone is too small and my laptop is too heavy and hot to sit on my lap. An iPad will let me relax and enjoy my digital media without having to worry about a laptop stand or squinting at a screen.

So a month out (maybe) the iPad will be released. A month of waiting. I'm pretty sure with the wait so long that by the end of it I'll be sick of waiting. A month of waiting and there'll be no new news but I'll still want one.

nunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By nunami

The iPad hasn't been released in Australia yet so I ihaven't seen much in the way of a real iPad. We haven't had any ads on tv or in stores. The only way to get near it is through the internet. Before launch the net was completely flooded, over saturated with information on the iPad. After launch the hype died down and there isn't much in the way of new information on the iPad. Not having much new information is a little sad because I'm still hyped about the iPad but the wait is still a month away. But then.. today I saw one!

Walking to dinner, my wife and I passed a hotel and there it was. A lady was looking at a site and passed it over to her friend. With a swipe of her hand the page changed and right then... I wanted one. I wanted to stay and stare but I knew that would be stupid so we walked on. I can't wait to get one so I can chill out on the sofa and read up the latest news or catch the latest video on the Giant Bomb! My iPhone is too small and my laptop is too heavy and hot to sit on my lap. An iPad will let me relax and enjoy my digital media without having to worry about a laptop stand or squinting at a screen.

So a month out (maybe) the iPad will be released. A month of waiting. I'm pretty sure with the wait so long that by the end of it I'll be sick of waiting. A month of waiting and there'll be no new news but I'll still want one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.