Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iPhone

Platform »

The iPhone is a multimedia multi-touch smartphone created by Apple Inc.

Any web browser that works with giantbomb for posting?

rubsnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rubsnick

It seems as tough giant bomb hates mobile stuff so every browser that I've tried on the Iphone just don't allow me to post anything much. So I was searching and found that Bolt works sometimes.... but it's a big sometimes so yeah... anyone here know one that works for the site?

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By CptChiken

The mobile site for subscribers is awesome :)

rubsnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rubsnick

Well I don't want to pay when I can use the site for free ya know? and this is being posted from bolt...need to figure out why it works sometimes...

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike
    @rubsnick: Everyone could get most of the content on the site for free, but they choose to subscribe to support what Whiskey is doing here. 
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

MooTools doesn't work in mobile browsers. Creating a JavaScript framework that works properly in all browsers, including mobile browsers, is hard. The frameworks should have been compatible with all browsers from the start, but alas they aren't. This is not a fault of the Whiskey Media engineers, it's a fault of the tools they have to work with.

rubsnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rubsnick

And what exactly is whiskey doing? So moo tools is the one that do all the cool stuff? Nice But I know when your tools suck you have tough time. I had a database project that wasn't working and it turned out to be my laptop not working with my crap. almost failed a class thanks to that.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew
    @rubsnick: Whiskey Media is using the framework, 'cause it makes things a lot easier. But of course it doesn't do all their work for them. Whiskey's engineers still have plenty of stuff to do.

So I took another look at the mobile site, and it seems it's using jQuery. I don't know if it's jQuery Mobile or the official jQuery. The tools I use aren't telling me. If it's the latter, they must have improved their mobile support. Neat.

I do wish the Whiskey Media guys would do a bit more graceful degradation stuff for better compatibility though. Like, for example, that "Post Reply" button right below on the normal site. It's not an actually HTML button. It's a link that uses JavaScript to make it go. If I have JavaScript disabled, there's still a box I can type into, but I can't submit the message. Why? I don't know why, but that's the way they built the site.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

...you know if you really want to post from the iPhone, you can push the insert HTML key and just type your text in there. 

I for one was willing to pay Whiskey just for the mobile site, the other stuff I couldn't care about.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.