Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iPhone

Platform »

The iPhone is a multimedia multi-touch smartphone created by Apple Inc.

Apple Unveils Faster, Taller, Thinner iPhone 5

Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#201  Edited By Nomin

Not much to get excited about, really. Not an anti-Apple guy, just there wasn't 'one more thing'.

The_Big_Rough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By The_Big_Rough

So the screen is still smaller then my Galaxy S2? haha

No thanks apple and you can keep your shitty Itunes program

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#203  Edited By Dan_CiTi

I was thinking of getting a Windows Phone 8 if there was a Lumia for it, seeing as how I don't like the Galaxy S3, but yoooooo this phone looks godlike. 

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#204  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Think I'm going to stick with my iPhone 4. Does everything I want and is a great phone. Not sure what I was expecting from iPhone 5 but it was more than this.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#205  Edited By penguindust

@wewantsthering said:

@PenguinDust said:

So, no 7-inch Ipad tablet revealed? Is that what I can take from today's event?

The rumor is that it's a separate event.

Okay. I was wondering if the internet rumor mill was letting me down.

Saltank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#206  Edited By Saltank

Can't wait to pick one up. No need to reinvent the wheel with each new phone release. All you haters shoulds stop whining.

adambyrney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By adambyrney

@Anund said:

Why would anyone buy this over an Android phone? I just don't get it. It's the same phone again, except upgraded to barely compete with the top tier Android competitors and with a pricetag ~$200 above them. Unless you like the design of the phone I guess. And you're locked into iTunes... x.x

Pretty much this. All of the modern phones are in the same league (and have been for over a year), basically buy whichever you like most.

radion_null

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#208  Edited By radion_null

All i can think about is how people are going to praise it for it´s gaming potentiall, and later quickly complain about the lack of physical buttons for the console-style games. Later they get reminded that the Vita does this but then they'll say thay don´t wanna play console-style games on the go. Then they turn to the 3DS but point out it is not as portable or versital as the iPhone. ....and it will go on. I think it's a good phone though. Worth the purchase but one can go with the HTC one line of products or the Galaxy 3 and be just as happy.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#209  Edited By Rowr

After seeing the amazing size and screen of the samsung note, i'm not as impressed with this announcement as i might have been.

All my mobile gaming is now done on the vita, I'm finding it hard to go back to games on what now seems like a tiny screen on the iphone 4. The lure of more powerful processor does nothing for me as i'm sure it still wont match up to the vita, and despite there being some interesting games on the app store, there really still isn't anything that can compete with the deeper and richer titles and controls available on the vita - as limited as they are at the moment.

The iphone 4 super ceded my PSP and was my main gaming on the run for the last two years, i've probably spent around 400 dollars on games on ios.

There have been the odd high points, but now aside from checking out the occasional interesting title from the app store for cheap, it's mostly freemium focus tested garbage at this point, and i'm not convinced it will ever be a competitor game-wise aside from mindless casual grinds/distractions.

I guess what i'm saying is i was cautiously excited to see what they announced since i'm in the market to upgrade from the 4, but am just now realising everything it has to offer me i can get somewhere else.

asantosbr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By asantosbr

Galaxy S 3 still the best phone.... Android the best mobile os by far.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Big Fat Meh... 

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior
    @crusader8463 said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@thefriend said:

>2012

>Still buying Apple products

What areyouahipster.exe?

Seriously, with the android out, why would anyone still get an iPhone? Maybe provider is an excuse, but I doubt it. L2Phone people.

But what if I despise everything about Android?

Buy a windows phone.

How can you possible despise Android?
    Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#213  Edited By Elazul

Long iPhone 4s is long.

Bombzinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Bombzinski

this is certainly videogame news!

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Bell_End

@Bombzinski said:

this is certainly videogame news!

see... because you clicked on the story you count as traffic. and the more traffic a story gets the more popular it is seen to be and more stories on apple products will be run ,

so even if its to post a great post like yours. if you hadn't clicked the story the news story would be less popular and GB would be less likely to run stories on apple shit.

so just ignore the stories you dont fucking like

green_sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By green_sky

@iAmJohn said:

I'll stick with my 4S, thanks.

You say that like you are using a really old phone. Ofcourse you'll stick with it. It has been less than a year.

akira_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By akira_22

This is basically a thinner 4s. I really think apple is losing its mojo. I do like the black aluminium antenna though, much more sleek. But the edges still piss me off, when in my pocket.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By McShank

@MstrMnyBgs said:

@McShank said:

Iphones are complete crap. More expensive then any other device that does the same thing. Screen is as fragile as a new born. Batterys pretty much always shit. Apple refuses to cover their own items for any kinds of damage besides the occasional cracked screen and even then they still will fight with you. Radio inside gives it piss poor range on its reception. Why is this crap on here? At least put something that hasn't been released multiple times and looks and works the same.

I've never had any issues with mine. Seems you are just bitter. I swear the anti-apple people are noisier than the apple people.

I have never had one and never will. I build pc's and use android phones. They have their own faults but iphones are just shit. Pay more for less. Screen is small, Phone is more expensive then any other phone out even at the lowest Gig model. Insurance that apple provides is complete crap. Cannot have it worked on at any store but apple stores. I work with phones as a job, and I can tell you this as not just my opinion but as a fact. Iphones are shit and unless your one of the very few who dont have any problems like a cracked screen, stolen, lost or never dropped your phone then gj and welcome to the minority of users.

JSwan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#219  Edited By JSwan13

I'll be upgrading my 4, can't wait!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.