Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

General Discussion / Friday Night Thunder

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mouse

Formerly the "Friday Night Thunder Schedule" thread, re-purposed for general iRacing chat.

See the most recent posts for any plans for upcoming Friday night events.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By IroN1c

Looking forward to dumb stuff that's still racing! You know I'm not a big fan of crash events, but like racing dumb cars.

Just as a heads up, I'll be driving the Camaro, hope I'm not the only one in a Stock Car ;)

EDIT:

Also: Skippy League - sometimes @khann does a sick wheelie and still wins!

No Caption Provided

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mouse

@iron1c: Didn't I mention no wheelies allowed in that series? Had that thread not been locked, I'd haveto dock him the mandatory wheelie penalty of 3 points thus giving me the title. Oh well. He can still be champion I guess.

For this week I'm sure SlowB will be in the Mustang (since he requested it a few days ago). I'll be in the Tundra of course. As for crash events, we won't do many of those. I'd like to have a nice split of goofy races and legit races, with some crashy stuff sprinkled in every so often.

I was thinking for next week (July 3rd) we race stock cars at Indianapolis. The "INDYpendence 100." Most likely in the Trucks? :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Haven't decided what I'm going to drive yet. Leaning towards the truck though.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently joined the Old Bastards league. They're a really nice group that does lighthearted racing like we did. Good attendance too. They have about 8 series running (seriously), and I'll be doing the Star Mazda/DW12 races on Wednesday nights (same time as our stuff) and some other stuff here and there. Anyone else interested should join; it's a good group. Of course I won't be abandoning GBRL; we'll still be racing every Friday night. ;)

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice race guys; had I not score pole it would have been very different I think. I thought you were going to get me, @khann, but it's probably too had to pass unless someone makes a mistake.. which I did, but in the only spot where I could get away with it.

Next week we're doing the INDYpendence 100; 50 laps at Indy in the NASCAR Trucks! BE THERE!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that was good fun. Messy but great battle at the start of the race that unfortunately ended in disaster.

I had a couple of goes at you in the hairpin, but both times I got on the power too hard and got way too much wheelspin so you got me into the next corner :(

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looks like I'll be celebrating INDYpendence the regular way, by having a cookout and shooting off nearly illegal explosives into the sky in Indianapolis itself. The never-ending rain we've been having lately might cause me to stay home though. If I end up missing the race, good luck to you guys.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably won't be there because I don't own one of the new Trucks.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, going to cancel the race then, since two regulars can't join and we don't usually get many guest drivers. We'll reschedule. Besides, my account expires in a couple days so I might let it go for a couple weeks and hope to use a discount code to reactivate. If any of you guys wants to host a race this or next Friday, let me know and I'll put it in the schedule here. ;)

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mouse: The current promotion of 1/2 off is only good for one more day, I wouldn't let it lapse if that's the discount you're planning on using.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxx77: ahaha. Man I'm so broke right now I'm hoping for a 3 months for the price of 1 discount for returning members. :P Otherwise I'd totally get the 1 year. Fortunately I'm starting a new job soon, so this won't be a problem in a few weeks (if only the sale was July instead).

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mouse: Sorry to hear about the financials, but grats on the job at least! They do that 50% deal at least a couple times a year it seems.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mouse

@maxx77: They extended the promotion so I was able to get that sweet deal. Yay!

I renamed the thread and removed the schedule stuff from the original post. Not many duders rolling in iRacing lately so it's not much use to do plan stuff for every week. We'll do something again soon.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Hey the 24 Hours of Spa is coming up fairly soon!

Saturday August 1 - 2 2015 - 1300 GMT

Who's in?

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mouse

@slowbird: I should be able to do a few stints, especially in the late morning and late evening (7:00am-noon and 9:00pm-late... roughly). Are we switching to HPD?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in. Should be able to be around the whole distance, but maybe a nap at some point.

I'd like to drive the HPD. Had a lot of fun with that in the Watkins 6hr.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You'd better nap at some point, you sleepy fool.

:P

Yeah, I'll go with the HPD too unless the Ford gets a big push.

Speaking of which, we're gonna try to race the Ford at Donington today.

ConnorPOZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a job interview Thursday so if all goes well I will hopefully be moving soon and can finally set my wheel back up and race again

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IroN1c

@slowbird said:

we're gonna try to race the Ford at Donington today.

AND WHAT A RACE THAT WAS, EH?

Regarding the 24h: HYPED AS FUCK. That HPD was so much fun during the Watkins 6h and it's something different for a change. Won't be around for the full duration of the 24h probably,

as there might be stuff happening on the evening of the 1st. If (and that's an if!) that happens I'll be around for the first and last 6h. We already talked about it on Mumble during the last Endurance race, but we'll probably get some spreadsheet magic going a week before the 24h so we can figure out when someone's available and when not because...man, pulling off those 24h might take some pre-planning for once.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iron1c: we shall pray at the alter of @pseg the Spreadsheet God

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've created a topic concerning the 24h of Spa over here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.