Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

The Giant Bomb Racing League

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikBe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1501  Edited By MikBe

I'm not sure if there's a typo in the race info: are there Formula Duder races today, or is it on the 22nd?

bifflog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full slate of racing today, according to the League sessions...

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#1503  Edited By slowbird

@mikbe: Here's the full slate for today:

Formula Duder EuroCup 2014-02-15 3:00 pm

Okayama International Circuit

30 min practice

15 min qualifying

18 lap race

VinnCo Miata Challenge 2014-02-15 7:00 pm

30 min practice

15 min qualifying

18 lap race

Formula Duder S2 2014-02-15 9:00 pm

30 min practice

15 min qualifying

22 lap race

Dantothebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanted to say thanks for the fun yesterday, and to give you all an idea of when I'll be able to run with you guys this season. Yesterday was a fluke. I'm usually working on Friday nights. Saturday, more often then not I'll be able to race with and Sunday I'll probably never miss.

DavyC412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

woke up after the race started :s have a good race everyone!

also wont be able to make it tomorrow for GBGT - family gettogether for brothers birthday.

broncosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any painters here that can paint my SS like this one?

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

broncosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

which every way is easy im not that picky

broncosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

or this one would work too

bifflog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take a stab at it, see what I come up with ;)

broncosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1511  Edited By broncosfan

Found someone to do the bottom one so i need the first one i posted.

bifflog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went off the reservation and just made up a Bronco's scheme.

No Caption Provided

PM me and I'll email you the scheme if you want to run it!

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FYI, I'm setting up a hosted practice for the GBGT race for 4:55 PM EST today. Looks like @pseg's got the weather set up and it's fucking cold out there today, campers.

"So put your little hand in mine..."

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slowbird: And this is why I live in the goddamn desert. Fuck that noise.

shottyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's me officially applying. Sounds like fun!

tossedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

broncosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow by far the best looking car to every hit iracing nice job pm sent

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1519  Edited By trace

Tonight made it very clear: Giant Bomb GT is now the league's number one series. 17 entrants and some very good racing all throughout. Plus, with Charlie and ThatguyLFS among our ranks, I think I can confirm that we esports now. Someday we'll take the fight to Dave Lang. My apologies to Thatguy for the poorly-timed decision to try and let him by me before the bus stop.

Thanks to everyone who attended -- I hope you all had fun. Spa's next week, so we need every car we can get to fill that track up with RACING.

...and if Giant Bomb GT's a race @drewbert can make next Sunday at 4 PM PST/7 PM EST, I'll even spot him the credits for a RUF. Standing offer!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nice race up to the pit-stop @thatguylfs. Bit of a bummer end for me, but had a lot of fun.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pseg: We so esports, boooooooooooooyiee!

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1522  Edited By Mouse

Super fun time! 4th is pretty good for my "home race." (indeed, it's really damn cold here in New York). Mayyyybe could have been in the podium battle but I was so comfortable in my groove; I didn't want to push it [off the track].

EDIT: It's the end of the weekend, so I went through an update the points for all series (checked against the league page). ------> Points Standings

I'll have two BOMBCAR recaps this week; the Dover one should be quite entertaining.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mouse: Look forward to the recaps. Great work on the standings spreadsheets.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll update the second post with participation bounties, but I have two goals for this league:

Major Goals

1. At least one series with 25 cars or more participating on average.
    2. Continue to be awesome with friendly, all-inclusive racing to reasonable duders that doesn't involve lasting drama.

I kind of failed that last one with Formula Duder this week, but given that I was most angry over the incident and it was almost entirely my own fault, I suspect we're still on track there.

Oh, and I have one minor goal that has cropped up based on a certain recent race and a Bombcast discussion:

Minor Goals

1. Help Drew improve his racing skill.

With that in mind, I'm going to go ahead and put out that following participation bounties, in the hopes I will come to regret them by the end of season two. These are on top of the already-standing bounty for 16+ in Formula Duder and Skullcrusher's separate GBGT bounty.

Yeah, this is the stuff I just put out on Twitter.

New Participation Bounties

• If GBGT gets 18 or more participants that make an earnest attempt to finish a race (no early disconnections!), I will give a random participant iRacing credit towards a car or track of their choice.
    • In addition, if Drew Scanlon, another Giant Bomb staff member, or a friend of the staff competes in any race of ours, I will give a random participant that finishes the race iRacing credit towards a car or track of their choice. This will stack with any previous bounties.

I want us to succeed, and while the league's currently very healthy in my eyes, I'm hoping this will further encourage attendance from those unsure of joining, while also (hopefully) easing a bit of iRacing's financial burden.

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

That's more like it; here's my new RUF livery. Made a few tweaks since I took these, but nothing major.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Turns out I really like the RUF. Just wish iRacing updated faster after I got it; I could have used that practice session. Overall for the first time with the car and the first on that track, I felt like I did OK. I bought the Monte Carlo as well, so I'll plan to join in on BOMBCAR with that next time it's a track I own.

@pseg: Don't forget to update the GT logo.

bifflog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick question to see if anyone else is having this issue. I've been racing on my laptop recently, and it came back to bite me last night as I got a thermal shutdown. I have to run the graphics on lowest, and it ain't fun! The reason being, my desktop PC I get constant random crashes in iRacing. Video and sound driver I updated them, reinstalled the iRacing client, wiped and redownloaded all the content, reinstalled the drivers for my G27 wheel. None of this has worked. Never had this issue on any other machine. If anyone else has dealt with this, lemme know if you've had any success fixing it.

ThatguyLFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a fun time racing last night. I got to go side by side with some of you which surprised me since I considered this a "random" league when I joined. The weather threw me off since I built my setup on the default weather with the front tires having a bit more pressure than the fronts. This gave me understeer going uphill on the starting laps plus the outlap after the pits.

I don't know if I'll be at Spa next Sunday since my wife's due date is tomorrow but if I'm there I can assure you I won't be competitive in the slightest.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguylfs: Hey, man. What better birthday present could you give your new child than another win in the prestigious GBGT series?

Spookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested in joining!

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May have to hold off on any recaps until I can fix my graphics issue. As I've mentioned before, my car graphics (and some around the track) are not working properly (very blurry). It began last Sunday at Daytona (without me changing a thing before it). I've re-installed my drivers, and even iRacing.. nothing. No idea what's causing it. Either way, the game is still playable, but I cannot do any recaps until I figure out the problem.

RConnors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally down for this looks like a lot of fun!

Charlie_Sears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

My qualifying and race videos. It was a rough race with a spin in the boot section. I lost a good 9-10s going back to the pits and I had to conserve fuel for a few laps to not force myself into another pit.

Had a great run the last few laps with Slowbird, I hope I wasnt too aggressive into the Bus Stop. The last few laps I get antsy and make more drastic moves. I thought I was safe to push in there, but if I was out of line I can definitely hold off in the future.

Thanks again for some great racing guys and I look forward to this series growing like crazy!

Spa is next week, I dont know if any of you are interested but Apex Racing is doing a 2.4h of Spa the following sunday for Cancer Research UK.

Take a look http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3235148.page

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had a great run the last few laps with Slowbird, I hope I wasnt too aggressive into the Bus Stop. The last few laps I get antsy and make more drastic moves. I thought I was safe to push in there, but if I was out of line I can definitely hold off in the future.

Thanks again for some great racing guys and I look forward to this series growing like crazy!

Spa is next week, I dont know if any of you are interested but Apex Racing is doing a 2.4h of Spa the following sunday for Cancer Research UK.

I don't want to live in a world where we punish good, hard racing. That was a perfectly fine attack, and a great perspective, once again.

Probably won't participate in the Apex charity Spa race personally, but depending on how many bounties I have to pay out next week, I may have some spectator donation money to toss their way.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pseg said:

@charlie_sears said:

I don't want to live in a world where we punish good, hard racing. That was a perfectly fine attack, and a great perspective, once again.

Probably won't participate in the Apex charity Spa race personally, but depending on how many bounties I have to pay out next week, I may have some spectator donation money to toss their way.

I agree. You'll find that in this league, we're much more concerned with not being an asshole and wrecking someone than winning a corner. If you're faster, you're faster. Which just makes us all want to work to be that much better. Everyone wins.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mouse said:

May have to hold off on any recaps until I can fix my graphics issue. As I've mentioned before, my car graphics (and some around the track) are not working properly (very blurry). It began last Sunday at Daytona (without me changing a thing before it). I've re-installed my drivers, and even iRacing.. nothing. No idea what's causing it. Either way, the game is still playable, but I cannot do any recaps until I figure out the problem.

Aww man, hope you'll get it fixed soon. Those recaps are great and I'm looking forward to the Dover one with everything that went down.

Charlie_Sears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pseg said:

@charlie_sears said:

I agree. You'll find that in this league, we're much more concerned with not being an asshole and wrecking someone than winning a corner. If you're faster, you're faster. Which just makes us all want to work to be that much better. Everyone wins.

Fair enough. I try to be as clean as possible I just definitely amp the aggression up later on. I'm more than happy to let someone by in a risky situation and try to make the pass later. When I'm running out of time I definitely push harder and harder.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlie_sears:

Aggressive driving is the most exciting, as long as you're not being a crazy person (which it doesn't seem you are). I think a lot of us are quite aggressive actually, so don't think there is any issue with giving back what you get. Personally, I generally defend really aggressively (one move of course), relative to my overtaking. I do like to put a lot of pressure on the driver in front, though.

Oh yeah, I was watching your video, and just to clarify about my silly "gentleman's agreement" idea, I was just suggesting that for the first lap through the chicane so nobody would get too wild on cold tyres and end their race early. Didn't end up being an issue anyway it seems.

Fuel calculations mid-race are the worst. Because the gap was so close to ThatGuy, I was trying to work out exactly what I needed so I could save a second or two in the pits. Ended up getting super distracted and nearly crashing, so just filled the damn tank up. I think you did pretty well, all things considered :D

bifflog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1539  Edited By bifflog

Hosting an open practice tonight at 8:30 EST at circuit gilles villeneuve for all the series this week that are running it. Session name will be Giant Bomb Practice.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What sort of times were you guys doing in the Late Models?

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: Mostly 1:45s and 1:46s but Mouse did a crazy fast 1:44.xxx lap somehow. O_o

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slowbird said:

@khann: Mostly 1:45s and 1:46s but Mouse did a crazy fast 1:44.xxx lap somehow. O_o

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I managed a 1:44:606 just now, with iRacing's "realistic" weather. Thats definitely not as fast as the setup goes, depending on driver/weather we could probably drop down to 1:42:xxx.

bifflog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mouse: no problemo. Was gonna test myself, the more the merrier.

Unfortunately I didn't get to spend much time in my own test session. Constant crashes have got me bummed out, not sure what to do as I've attacked this from every angle imaginable. Re-installed iRacing, updated nVidia drivers, ran memory test, disabled DEP, ran CrystalDisk, cleaned my registry, nothing seems to work. I'm going to post this on the iRacing support, but maybe it's familiar to one of you:

Faulting application name: iRacingSim64.exe, version: 2.10.1.7, time stamp: 0x52f3d021

Faulting module name: nvd3dumx.dll, version: 9.18.13.3489, time stamp: 0x52f65178

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000007f1cdb

Faulting process id: 0x131c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf2de3684c14d0

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\iRacing\iRacingSim64.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dumx.dllReport Id: 72edc959-99d8-11e3-b8c5-d43d7ef59282

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bifflog said:

@mouse: no problemo. Was gonna test myself, the more the merrier.

Unfortunately I didn't get to spend much time in my own test session. Constant crashes have got me bummed out, not sure what to do as I've attacked this from every angle imaginable. Re-installed iRacing, updated nVidia drivers, ran memory test, disabled DEP, ran CrystalDisk, cleaned my registry, nothing seems to work. I'm going to post this on the iRacing support, but maybe it's familiar to one of you:

Faulting application name: iRacingSim64.exe, version: 2.10.1.7, time stamp: 0x52f3d021

Faulting module name: nvd3dumx.dll, version: 9.18.13.3489, time stamp: 0x52f65178

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000007f1cdb

Faulting process id: 0x131c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf2de3684c14d0

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\iRacing\iRacingSim64.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dumx.dllReport Id: 72edc959-99d8-11e3-b8c5-d43d7ef59282

That's your nVidia driver crashing, homes. Uninstall/reinstall the latest version.

bifflog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skullcrushermountain: Yeah that was my first move, done it a few times. Tried both the latest beta and stable drivers.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bifflog said:

@skullcrushermountain: Yeah that was my first move, done it a few times. Tried both the latest beta and stable drivers.

0xc0000005 is a memory access violation. So either you've got a bad RAM stick, you're overclocking & blew something up, your iRacing install is corrupt, your driver install is corrupt due to a past install, or you've got a virus/malware. Things to do:

• Check for memory hardware errors
    • Run a combofix/malwarebytes scan on your pc
    • Reinstall iracing completely
    • Run driver sweeper/cccleaner
    bifflog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1549  Edited By bifflog

@skullcrushermountain: Yeah I came across a page detailing 0xc0000005 so I've already reinstalled the iRacing client and ran a memory check that didn't turn anything up on my RAM.

I was looking for a driver sweeper type app that doesn't have a reputation for being bloatware, I'll look into that more. And running malwarebytes is probably a good idea.

Just need to get it sorted out before race night!

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.