Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

The Giant Bomb Racing League

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@hayfourzee: Sorry for slamming into you like three times, always got caught off guard by our way different braking points.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fun race, pleased with a 2nd. Bit annoyed with my graphics issues. Some laps half the track was completely covered in shadow and I couldn't see any of my braking points, other times it was bright but the cones had completely disappeared. The sky was glitching non-stop and I couldn't see my UI at all.

That said, I had fun dealing with @slowbird s pressure all race (though I wasn't entirely sure it was you until you got right up on me)

and my mic wasn't working, so I couldn't even whinge about it all race. Woe is me.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

@khann: So that's why you were weirdly slow on some laps :D I was hoping to keep it close and pass you at the end, but I slid off track in the slow section and had to limp to the finish.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slowbird said:

@khann: So that's why you were weirdly slow on some laps :D I was hoping to keep it close and pass you at the end, but I slid off track in the slow section and had to limp to the finish.

You got really close a couple of times. Was completely expecting you to make the move, but you were way too kind :D

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@davyc412 - You still around? I have a request of you :D

ThatguyLFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayfourzee: Try this link and let me know if you can download the .rpy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/stt0uo9y3e1i0jz/subses10377025.rpy

DavyC412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skullcrushermountain:

yep. haven't been very active though (unfortunately). the past month every weekend, something seems to come up last minute that prevents me from racing and ive been getting home really late so i havent been too active on the forums. this weekend for sure! whats up? - you can fire me a pm also.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First short track race in a while for BOMBCAR this weekend. Keen to get back to where that car is best.

Bathurst is going to be terrifying. Lime Rock should be a hell of a lot of fun.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Irwindale is tricky. Maybe one of you can master it better than I can! *starts panicking*

Dantothebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1660  Edited By Dantothebo

Sups guys. Curious to see what times everyone has been getting at Lime Rock. I've gotten a 48.936 but seem to be averaging 49.1s and .2s. Is there more speed to be had or should I just start concentrating on being consistent and not flying off the up hill out of turn 5?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sups guys. Curious to see what times everyone has been getting at Lime Rock. I've gotten a 48.936 but seem to be averaging 49.1s and .2s. Is there more speed to be had or should I just start concentrating on being consistent and not flying off the up hill out of turn 5?

From the testing I've done so far, I managed a 48.0, but that was with cold temps. And yeah, you can absolutely get 100% airborne over that crest if you take it wrong (/just right).

Lime Rock is awesome though.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: Once I'm done with this GT3 race in a little while, I'm going to take an F1 car around there just because I can.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: Once I'm done with this GT3 race in a little while, I'm going to take an F1 car around there just because I can.

That's actually really fun in a completely absurd kinda way.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pseg Is there a drop race for Bombcar? I completely missed one of our races this season. I think (I hope) I'd be at least a few positions higher if we're dropping our worst race.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxx77 said:

@pseg Is there a drop race for Bombcar? I completely missed one of our races this season. I think (I hope) I'd be at least a few positions higher if we're dropping our worst race.

Not for BOMBCAR. We have the crazy chase thing for that.

Dantothebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: Damn dude! That's quick! Guess I need to figure out where I'm losing time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: Damn dude! That's quick! Guess I need to figure out where I'm losing time.

It seems like there is a lot of time to be gained if you nail that final corner. I haven't really figured out if 4th or 5th is the better gear for it. The first 3-4 corners are all about compromise as well, don't push too hard through there. That's my feeling anyway.

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: Damn. I'm effectively out of the chase then. Still going to drive to win regardless when it comes to the final races.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxx77 said:

@khann: Damn. I'm effectively out of the chase then. Still going to drive to win regardless when it comes to the final races.

Don't be so sure.. a single win could get you in the chase (unless I've misunderstood how it works). Make it happen :D If you don't think you can do it on a road course or short oval... everyone has a chance at Charlotte.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: Yeah, too bad @pseg won't add F1 cars to GBGT :(

ThatguyLFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1674  Edited By ThatguyLFS

@khann: Someone a few weeks back hosted a multiclass session with 5 different cars at the Lime Rock chicane circuit. Here's a good video of how that went trying to set a fast time in the F1. Lap time was a 37.878 (sorry the video player is so big, I didn't know how to change it.)

Loading Video...

mscott7426

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, I didn't intend to disconnect, but probably not a bad thing considering how poorly I was driving. Sorry guys.

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@broncosfan Good race! It's rare when I actually get to race for a position in these.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Formula Duder points (without drops) are really close:

DriversPoints
    Slowbird66
    Khann63
    Mouse62
    PsEG61
    HayFourZee57
    SebW57

Managed to do Bathurst with 0x and no mistakes; super conservative downhill driving allowed Khann to take the win from me but it's better than being eaten by the mountain. Nice race. Very much looking forward to Road Atlanta next week. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mouse said:

Formula Duder points (without drops) are really close:

DriversPoints
    Slowbird66
    Khann63
    Mouse62
    PsEG61
    HayFourZee57
    SebW57

Managed to do Bathurst with 0x and no mistakes; super conservative downhill driving allowed Khann to take the win from me but it's better than being eaten by the mountain. Nice race. Very much looking forward to Road Atlanta next week. :D

That's awesome. This championship is shaping up really nicely.

You were making me run qualifying laps to catch up to you. Came very close to binning it a couple of times as a result. I was quite happy to fight you for that position, by the way :D That's the most fun part.

Had no idea we were at Road Atlanta next. Love that track.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planning on putting up a hosted practice session with race weather in 20 minutes. Come join!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This gon' be good.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: KOBAYASHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Source41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am interested in joining.

bifflog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ah, I gotta keep my eyes out of my mirror and avoid stuff like that lap 24 crash, that was ugly. on the bright side though I love how the mcclaren drives, much better than the caddy, pleased with that purchase.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice race @thatguylfs. Spent the whole time after my stop not having a clue where you were, hoping that I was going fast enough and not getting caught up too much in any kind of traffic. Think I would have just scraped ahead if not for that silly mistake into T1. Was so busy trying to see where you were that I completely missed my braking point. Might have been able to make the turn, but decided to straighten up to avoid any chance of a spin. Didn't have anywhere near enough pace to get behind you again after that; pushing harder just led to mistakes. A well deserved win :D

Also, my on-the-fly mathematics abilities are terrible. I thought I'd be 1 gal short with an 8 gal fill, so put it up to 10 gal... then somehow finished the race with 5 gal left. nfi

@maxx77 That spin you had scared the absolute shit out of me. My heartrate spiked like crazy.

ThatguyLFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: Thanks, I thought for sure you would get by me when I went to pit. I had a spin on the uphill section slowing down for an off track car and thought I had given up the race. I saw you make your mistake and pushed as hard as I could to keep some distance between us.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1687  Edited By slowbird

According to my calculations, if @thatguylfs wins every remaining race, then he could still win the championship despite missing a few races. @khann would need to finish 2nd place in every race to hang on, while I could win the title with 4 second-place finishes and 2 third-place finishes. Everyone else needs @thatguylfs to have at least one bad finish. :D Of course, it opens things up considerably if someone else wins a race.

ThatguyLFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slowbird: Lol, you're putting too much faith in my abilities and patience with that Mclaren to even consider that outcome. I don't own the bathurst circuit and I've never driven on the Canadian motorsport park as well as not being to familiar with the Road Atlanta course. So it should open it should still be a close battle between you and Khan for the championship.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1689  Edited By Mouse

That was one of the more intense races for me; never really tried to do qualifying laps as race speed before today. It worked out and I went from 8th to 3rd, but a lapped car gave me a meatball. Podium gone. :( At least I managed to pass two cars in one turn though, that was my shining moment so far.

EDIT: Points Standings

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1690  Edited By IroN1c

I still can't believe how much that race at Summit Point fucked me over.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iron1c said:

I still can't believe how much that race at Summit Point fucked me over.

The GBGT points system means the punishment for a disaster race (or DNS) is really harsh. That sucks if you're the one with a disaster race, but it does mean that if you're trying to catch someone, them having a terrible race can really get you back in it.

bifflog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1693  Edited By bifflog

I notice a lot of new guys post that they're joining in here but never seem to make it into the races. Not sure if the content required is the barrier for entry, but I can say this much from experience. I'm just now, post joining this league, getting my money's worth out of iRacing. Before I was perpetually in Rookie, running Mazdas and Street Stocks that I was sick of, and jumping from race to race at the top of the hour without every really getting better as a driver. The structure of running this league got me to be a better driver by logging practice during the week, and now the content I bought for this league I can run in D class. So I'd say its a good investment in just getting the most out of your iRacing subscription, and I see that as a bonus ontop of just having a blast racing with some good dudes. It's a worthwhile investment.

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1694  Edited By maxx77

@khann: Heh, yeah I saw it from your perspective after the race ended. I made a risky pass that didn't pay off and got spun around. Unfortunately with the bend being right there, my car went back onto the track. I'm glad I was able to stop it before it went completely across the course at least, and even more glad you didn't wreck.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really looking forward to this weekends races. Three really fun tracks, especially now that I've realised we're doing Watkins classic for BOMBCAR. That should be awesome.

hymnjaevel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1697  Edited By hymnjaevel

Hey guys, i would like to join your league! Sending in my application in a bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a pretty good race. Really like the classic Watkins layout... simple but fun. Seemed like it was a race long fight for the lead.

Road Atlanta tomorrow.. awwwww yeah.

kherven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1699  Edited By kherven

Hello guys, long time GB fan, but I recently got convinced by one of your ranks to try out iRacing (I have a feeling this is going to cost me a lot of money...) but I'm interested racing with you guys if its not a bother. I'm still pretty new, but hopefully Ican find a place to fit in. Just be aware I have a diagnosed medical condition called "1stlap1stcornerPhobia" Rookie Miata race are scary...

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1700  Edited By Mouse

@khann: I was about 1-2 seconds behind @iron1c the whole time. I intended to pit for 2gal but took 3 by mistake, and lost a couple seconds (and eventually fell to 3rd). It's basically the same thing as Montreal: chasing from 2nd, fuck up the pit stop, 3rd.

@kherven: It's a great league for a rookie. Welcome!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.