The Giant Bomb Racing League

#1751 Edited by ThatguyLFS (10 posts) -

I just wanted to mention that I most likely won't be racing the Giant Bomb GT race tonight. I don't have the track purchased for tonight and I'm saving what credits I have for the BMW and COTA for next season. So good luck tonight!

#1752 Posted by Kherven (35 posts) -

Sorry about cutting out early lastnight. I got asked to help with some stuff around the house and considering my race was pretty much over anyway I figured I'd go do that instead.

#1753 Posted by Noryia (127 posts) -
#1754 Edited by Neemer (8 posts) -

I am having trouble completing a single lap, much less multiple. Can't seem to stay away from the wall, so pretty...

Was going to win or at least come in second, then iracing crashed... Story of my life.

#1755 Edited by Trace (3562 posts) -

I'm terribly sorry I wasn't able to race tonight in the GBGT excursion to Mount Panorama. I saved the replay in whole to view later, but in summary: My hands are blistered from twisting a screwdriver and this IKEA bed's still not put together. :(

From now on, I promise not to let furniture come between me and a race I was looking forward to all day, even if it means sleeping on a couch for a night (which seems likely anyway, at this point). As an apology for not joining in, I decided it was only appropriate to dive into the Participation Bonus coffers, since 14 cars at Mount Panorama is impressive.

...and the random number generator chose @iron1c. Code will be PM'd over momentarily!

#1756 Posted by slowbird (1720 posts) -

Completely choked on lap one, then spun on lap two, and then again on lap fifteen...gave up the points lead as well, so overall a great day! :/

#1757 Edited by Khann (2864 posts) -
@slowbird said:

Completely choked on lap one, then spun on lap two, and then again on lap fifteen...gave up the points lead as well, so overall a great day! :/

we gon' fight

@neemer Yeah that sucks man. Looked like that was going to be a good fight at the end.

#1758 Posted by IroN1c (512 posts) -

@neemer said:

I am having trouble completing a single lap, much less multiple. Can't seem to stay away from the wall, so pretty...

Was going to win or at least come in second, then iracing crashed... Story of my life.

I don't know if you followed the stream or whatever, but our games crashed at the exact same time.

#1759 Posted by Neemer (8 posts) -

@iron1c: Didn't watch the stream afterwards. I tried to rejoin and spectate, but iRacing wouldn't let me. It was going to be my best result by far.

#1760 Edited by IroN1c (512 posts) -

@neemer: Yeah, I had to wait a minute as well, because it still said "Connected" for quite some time, had to refresh the web page multiple times. So I don't know if you gain anything from it but yeah, happened to both of us at the same time.

#1761 Posted by SkullcrusherMountain (957 posts) -

@iron1c said:

@neemer said:

I don't know if you followed the stream or whatever, but our games crashed at the exact same time.

You guys should try injection moulding for your spark plug tubes.

#1762 Posted by Mouse (365 posts) -

Some moving around in the Points Standing due to some interesting (and unfortunate) results.

Really sucks about the disconnections; it's hard to appreciate a podium finish when it happens like that. I am, however, proud to have finished Bathurst with 0X: mini-victory!

#1763 Edited by Khann (2864 posts) -

Oh hey, that's it for GBGT 'til the end of April. Should be an interesting first race back at Montreal, with everyone a bit rusty.

Next week will be cool. BOMBCAR could be awesome or a complete disaster, Interlagos for FD should mean lots of overtaking opportunities and GBF1 at Spa will be great if attendance is good.

Miatas on Charlotte infield? Dear god..

#1764 Edited by bifflog (81 posts) -

How many of us have the Star Mazda for GBF1? Hopefully we can muster at least 10?

#1765 Posted by IroN1c (512 posts) -

@bifflog: For the last race three people showed up but I know for a fact that more people have the Star Mazda. Now that GBF1 is on another, more US friendly timeslot I hope we can at least manage 8, if not more.

#1766 Posted by Khann (2864 posts) -

@iron1c said:

@bifflog: For the last race three people showed up but I know for a fact that more people have the Star Mazda. Now that GBF1 is on another, more US friendly timeslot I hope we can at least manage 8, if not more.

Plus, it won't be a few hours after three long, grueling, high-tension oval races. I'll definitely be showing up for this one.

#1767 Edited by Kherven (35 posts) -

As much as I would love to participate in GBF1 I may have to skip it. Considering I just forked over $26 for the RUF + Mount another $26 is rough. (yay for being in college without a job) I've been trying to pick up a job, so if I do hopefully I can afford a little more once I get an income stream.

This game is too damn expensive.

#1768 Edited by bifflog (81 posts) -

@khann said:

@iron1c said:

Plus, it won't be a few hours after three long, grueling, high-tension oval races. I'll definitely be showing up for this one.

So, if I read you right, what we need is a long, grueling, high-tension oval race in the Star Mazda's :)

#1769 Posted by Noryia (127 posts) -
#1770 Edited by IroN1c (512 posts) -

@kherven said:

It's really expensive during your first season, yes, but once you got the most common tracks and grabbed one of the year-long subscriptions during Black Friday it's really not that bad. I only spent like 12$ on an Oval track since Christmas when the RuF's came out.

#1772 Posted by SkullcrusherMountain (957 posts) -
#1773 Posted by SkullcrusherMountain (957 posts) -

@iron1c said:

@kherven said:

It's really expensive during your first season, yes, but once you got the most common tracks and grabbed one of the year-long subscriptions during Black Friday it's really not that bad. I only spent like 12$ on an Oval track since Christmas when the RuF's came out.

And don't forget to do the iRacing credits thing for running in a season.

#1774 Edited by maxx77 (237 posts) -

It's very unlikely I'll be home this Sunday, so no GBF1 most likely. It's a real shame since I bought that car last season but I don't remember having done any races in it other than maybe Friday Night Thunder. I love driving the equivalent of that car in other sims. Hopefully I'll be able to catch the one on 6/1.

#1775 Posted by Mouse (365 posts) -

The race is not at 8:00AM on a Sunday (a time that doesn't exist in my world) so I'll be there for some slippery Star Mazda action. Hopefully it will get a nice update at the end of the month, transforms into a more driveable car, and becomes the new Formula Duder vehicle. It has so much potential to be great, it just needs better tires.

By the way, I have an awesome/super dumb idea for the one year anniversary of FNT, but I'll wait to post it since today is April 1st, and you guys will think it's a joke. :P

#1776 Edited by BaronVonHaggis (6 posts) -

Hi!

I'd like to be considered to join the GBGT league please, think i've done everything correctly, if not please let me know.

Cheers

#1777 Posted by Mouse (365 posts) -

Here's and idea I came up with: For the one-year anniversary of Friday Night Thunder, we have a one-hour endurance race at the Charlotte infield course. Cars will be: MX-5, Solstice, Legends Ford, Spec Racer and Street Stock. Some cars will have weight penalties to even out lap times. Racing will be full contact; punting, pit-maneuvering, brake-checking.. all allowed. Unlimited instant repairs of course. I think it'd be a grand ol' time!

#1778 Edited by Noryia (127 posts) -

Where are we racing tomorrow for VinnCo?

The points standing / calendar Google Doc says 'Charlotte (Course)'

iRacing's league sessions say we are driving Charlotte's Road Course.

@pseg Your email this morning says Charlotte infield.

*Edit (Duder is obviously Interlagos so fixed that...)

#1779 Posted by Trace (3562 posts) -

@noryia: VinnCo drives the infield road course at Charlotte. Main event of Formula Duder takes on Interlagos.

#1780 Edited by Noryia (127 posts) -

ok cool.

#1781 Edited by Mouse (365 posts) -

Just to avoid confusion, the "Infield Road Course" is the infield only (very small, "kart" style course), and the "Road Course" is the full configuration (infield+oval, where we will do the Miata race tomorrow). Just going by iRacing's names for the configurations.

#1782 Edited by Noryia (127 posts) -

Ok sorta confused again. The one that I have selected is where we are racing tomorrow?

#1783 Posted by Mouse (365 posts) -
#1784 Posted by bifflog (81 posts) -

Got roped into some other stuff tonight so I have to miss Bombcar. Sucks.

#1785 Posted by Khann (2864 posts) -

@bifflog: Ah that's a shame. Should be a lot of really tight racing at Charlotte; anybody can win :D

#1786 Edited by Mouse (365 posts) -

Well, the top 5 is basically locked in now; @maxx77 would need max points with @pseg finishing 13th and @khann 19th. So, yeah, top 5 is set.

Sorry for the pun. Good race tonight, by the way; not very exciting but it was enjoyable. To Lanier!

#1787 Posted by maxx77 (237 posts) -

@mouse said:

Well, the top 5 is basically locked in now; @maxx77 would need max points with @pseg finishing 13th and @khann 19th. So, yeah, top 5 is set.

Heh yep. That was one of my all time best iRacing finishes, and yet it was just about the worst possible outcome in terms of the points race. PsEG is the only person I'm really competing with, and he finished ahead of me. And he beat me using the setup tweaks that I spoke aloud about. Oh well. I'm not bitter. I screwed myself a long time ago by missing a race due to my brake pedal dying. Won't make that mistake next time, even if I have to race with the mouse and keyboard. Good luck to the top 5! The rest of us get to race in the final 3 events regardless. I'm dying to get back to Bristol and Dover.

#1788 Posted by Kherven (35 posts) -

Got my class C license! Went from 2.60SR to 4.45D (3.45 C) in two races. Both 100% incident free Bathurst races. Wheres my medal for not crashing on that blasted course?

#1789 Posted by Khann (2864 posts) -
@kherven said:

Got my class C license! Went from 2.60SR to 4.45D (3.45 C) in two races. Both 100% incident free Bathurst races. Wheres my medal for not crashing on that blasted course?

Ah, nice one man. Certainly not the easiest track to have incident free races. C license opens you up to some fun series'.

And today, we race at Charlotte and Interlagos. I haven't raced the Charlotte infield since we ran it in the Skippies last season, so looking forward to that.

#1790 Edited by Mouse (365 posts) -

Here's points with those 2 dropped races:

DriverPts.
Kamui Kahnbayashi133
Felipe Moussa94
Valterri Slowbas90
Peacedor Meggdanado88
Nico Heyfourburg82
Sebastian Wettel81

F1 driver name mash-up are hard...

By the way, I think we should all have our own turns at some point; you have to earn it though! Slowbird Corner at Interlagos is great.

EDIT: Suppose I could just post the Points Standings now since there's no GT tomorrow.

#1791 Posted by Noryia (127 posts) -

@slowbird I watched PsEG's broadcast and I probably should have yielded the corner to you in the VinnCo race. Sorry about that. Ultimately it didn't ruin your race but still I'm sorry.

#1792 Posted by slowbird (1720 posts) -

@noryia: Don't worry about it, I probably should have waited for a better spot to make the pass. I also kinda missed the apex, which didn't help.

#1793 Edited by GOOSHARP01 (5 posts) -

Hey guys can someone help me… My brakes and wheel for me wheel pedal set are SUPER sensitive. like if i touch the brakes the whole car comes around. Also, my wheel position is off… I have a G27 on a mac and have had so many problems with it should I just sell it/ return it?

#1794 Posted by IroN1c (512 posts) -

Hey guys can someone help me… My brakes and wheel for me wheel pedal set are SUPER sensitive. like if i touch the brakes the whole car comes around. Also, my wheel position is off… I have a G27 on a mac and have had so many problems with it should I just sell it/ return it?

So I don't know about using it on a Mac, but as a G25/27 user on Windows:

Run the Logitech Profiler. Always keep it running in the background when using the wheel. Make sure the wheel range is set to 900° in the profiler, iRacing will use the appropiate range for cars with less than that. Recalibrate your Pedals ingame, the maximum Raw Input should be 255 on all pedals. When on track, take a look at the wheel and pedal graphic on the lower left. Theres a virtual wheel that should match you wheel motions. The three bars represent your pedals, blue = clutch, red = brakes, green = throttle. Those should match your pedal motions.

#1795 Posted by jcluther34 (11 posts) -

I'm super interested in this. I'll probably make an iracing account this week and try it out :D

#1796 Edited by GOOSHARP01 (5 posts) -

@iron1c: do you know where to find the Logitech Profiler on a Mac because I can't find it

#1797 Posted by IroN1c (512 posts) -
#1798 Posted by GOOSHARP01 (5 posts) -

Ya I have FTW, but idk what it does I do what it tells me and I run that software but like I said there is no panel it just tells you it connected to the wheel

#1799 Posted by IroN1c (512 posts) -

Ya I have FTW, but idk what it does I do what it tells me and I run that software but like I said there is no panel it just tells you it connected to the wheel

As someone who doesn't run on a Mac I can't help you on that :(

#1800 Posted by Noryia (127 posts) -

You could also look at this http://faq.iracing.com/article.php?id=209 I also am a windows user with my g25 and g27 but I've been trying to help a friend here with his mac and g27. Would you consider running bootcamp? I believe you'd get faster FPS than running the mac client.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.