Connecting to other players

#1 Posted by adummy (23 posts) -

Has anyone had any issues connection to other players? Every time I try to join a game, or if I create one, I always get dropped a few seconds into the game and it tells me I have a game authentication error.

#2 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

Could it be a port forwarding or DNS issue?

#3 Posted by Chris2KLee (2328 posts) -

That's weird, are you running any kind of security on your router that might be restricting your connection? I haven't had trouble getting into games, but there is definitely some lag, which I'm pretty sure is connection based. The first game I played online was literally a slide show, but then I played again and the new group of players were fine, played for like 3 hours after that.

#4 Posted by adummy (23 posts) -

Yeah, I'm not too sure what is causing it. Joined a game with Kessler and it all of a sudden worked.

#5 Posted by tuesdaythe5th (43 posts) -

I too have been having these problems. I also get randomly disconnected from Live during single player games.

#6 Posted by tangmcgame (79 posts) -

I was having trouble connecting because of my NAT settings on my wireless router.  It's fixed now, but it was very frustrating for a while there.

#7 Posted by Chris2KLee (2328 posts) -

It seems to vary from group to group. I've been in games with 4 people and had only a handful of hitches, then I've been in games where the game stutters nonstop and the game is constantly waiting for players. It's a great game, but a patch for connection issues is definitely in order. Wonder how it will go on TNT tonight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.