Does Trenched Have Offline Coop?

#1 Posted by GioVANNI (1287 posts) -

Just wondering because I would like to play this offline with my friends.

#2 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

No offline. Sorry.

#3 Posted by GioVANNI (1287 posts) -

Damn, probably not a buy from me, then.  The singleplayer doesn't seem worth the 15 dollars

#4 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

As much as I'm enjoying Trenched, I can't recommend it for solo.  At least not at $15.  When it goes on sale at the inevitable Xmas blowout, it'll probably be worth it.
#5 Posted by Binaryfart (24 posts) -

@YoungFrey: I personally prefer the solo, but it is definetly a matter of personal taste! I can definetly see why a lot of people aren't interested in the solo at all :)

I pretty much finished the game alone before getting into the multiplayer. The multiplayer is awesome, but I found playing it solo was also tops. It is a completely different game when playing solo - it turns into a much more considered, strategic game, as you will lack the flexibility that multiple Trenches (and loadouts) provides. It means you have to spend more time pouring over your loadout and making every weapon and emplacement slot count!

Having said that, the balls-out mayhem of a 4-trench mission is pretty fucking sweet!

#6 Posted by Grilledcheez (3948 posts) -

I enjoyed it solo...I also enjoyed just jumping in with randoms and playing some levels. Maybe not worth the full $15 if you're playing solo exclusively.

#7 Posted by mortface (108 posts) -

I was just about to buy this from the discussions on GB about best co-op, but I didn't realise it didn't have any local co-op. This thread saved me from mistakenly buying it! Thanks OP.

#8 Posted by Dagbiker (6977 posts) -

What's Trenched?

#9 Posted by Zacagawea (1596 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

What's Trenched?

I heard it's the prequel to Drenched and Iron Brigade was it's spiritual successor

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.