Downloads Ahoy, As Double Fine Gets Trenched on June 22

Posted by patrickklepek (3522 posts) -

After the release of Brutal Legend, Double Fine Productions turned its attention from massive retail games every few years to downlodable creations at a much faster pace. Following the incredibly well received Costume Quest and Stacking, Trenched now joins the lineup on June 22.

Double Fine announced the release date today, alongside the price: 1200 Microsoft Points ($15).

Trenched is basically Double Fine's take on tower defense for people who get bored of tower defense. Instead of just clicking on a map, you're blastin' dudes up close.

We've been enjoying ourselves Trenched in the past few months (there might even be an awfully long video coming down the pipe soon), but even though it's not Trenched related, I'm going to embed a video below featuring Trenched project lead Brad Muir below and just...well, walk away.

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (3522 posts) -

After the release of Brutal Legend, Double Fine Productions turned its attention from massive retail games every few years to downlodable creations at a much faster pace. Following the incredibly well received Costume Quest and Stacking, Trenched now joins the lineup on June 22.

Double Fine announced the release date today, alongside the price: 1200 Microsoft Points ($15).

Trenched is basically Double Fine's take on tower defense for people who get bored of tower defense. Instead of just clicking on a map, you're blastin' dudes up close.

We've been enjoying ourselves Trenched in the past few months (there might even be an awfully long video coming down the pipe soon), but even though it's not Trenched related, I'm going to embed a video below featuring Trenched project lead Brad Muir below and just...well, walk away.

Staff
#2 Edited by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Oops. Didn't realize Brad Muir was in that QL.

Trenched looks cool too. Every game needs more hats.

#3 Posted by tkalsey (153 posts) -

that quick look is a perfect fit

#4 Posted by HellBrendy (992 posts) -

Ryan is starting this video with "I hate folks"?

#5 Posted by Sammo21 (3215 posts) -

Pretty excited for this game...love the setting and the art design.

#6 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2378 posts) -
I love anything from Double Fine. Also with all the guest appearances I didn't notice Brad Muir in there.
#7 Posted by Wuddel (2079 posts) -

They need to put this on the PS3...

#8 Posted by KensterFox (246 posts) -

And the awful Wii gameshows just keep rolling.

#10 Posted by Cerogravian (344 posts) -

Feels like I've been waiting for ages! 
Even without Double Fine, I'd be quite excited about this.

#11 Posted by SkullcrusherMountain (947 posts) -

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!  I cannot wait for this game. 

#12 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Lose the $15 price point already Double Fine, it puts me off till there's a sale.

#13 Posted by SSully (4130 posts) -

Wish this was coming to psn.

#14 Posted by buft (3307 posts) -

ive yet to actually buy any of the double fine games, this could be the one that turns that around.

#15 Posted by Wicked_Wumpus (174 posts) -

I really want to get Stacking once the stores comes back up. That game looks awesome.

#16 Posted by MeatSim (10782 posts) -

Continuing the trend of all XBLA games coming out only in summer.

#17 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Bought Psychonauts and Brutal Legend when new and loved them, even though they were super short. Recently bought Costume Quest and I don't have any interest in finishing it. Perhaps I might once Halloween comes back around.

I'm not sure I have any interest in Stacking due to all the length reports.

Double Fine, I love you... but how about putting some meat in your games?

#18 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

I'll always buy everything from Double FIne. 
#19 Posted by Xeiphyer (5597 posts) -

I was crazy excited for this, but its not coming to PSN? Fucking retarded.

#20 Posted by zymase (158 posts) -

Interesting that they mirrored reality by naming the creator of television Farnsworth.

#21 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

Every time I hear someone use the "Double Fine gets Trenched" joke I want to play this game less and less.

#22 Posted by ProfessorEss (7285 posts) -

I have yet to buy and play Stacking due to a tremendous backlog (which is currently being made worse by a sudden and a crippling addiction to Lego Harry Potter) but I'm totally on board for Trenched (and Stacking once I get a few free hours).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.