Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Iron Brigade

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 22, 2011

Described as "a game about love," Iron Brigade is a goofy alternate-historical WW1-themed third-person shooter/tower defense mash-up where up to four players take control of hulking bipedal tanks and must endure swarms of television-based robots.

Extremely laggy and locks up constantly

MephistOMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MephistOMG

At first, I thought maybe it was just my connection, or the connection of the people hosting the matches. But after playing in about 15 different rooms, I only had one game that wasn't laggy as shit. I didn't see it mentioned in the review or on the forums, am I the only one having this problem? One match lagged so hard I actually got a dirty disc error.

The game is amazing though. I played about 5 hours strait last night - lag and all.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By YoungFrey

I've only had one super-lag game out of 4.  And that was only for a little while.  I didn't see any negative effects though.  It wasn't like the enemies overran us while we were lagged.  I wonder if the AI slows down too.
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I have experienced zero lag thus far.

MephistOMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MephistOMG
    @YoungFrey said:
    I've only had one super-lag game out of 4.  And that was only for a little while.  I didn't see any negative effects though.  It wasn't like the enemies overran us while we were lagged.  I wonder if the AI slows down too.
    actually i just had like 3 different servers that were smooth. maybe it was just a day 1 thing.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a day 1 thing. The only MP game I played was pretty late in the day so that might be why I didn't experience any significant lag.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By YoungFrey

On a video mailbag they talked about some new code they wrote that combines the the low lag of an FPS netcode with the bandwidth of an RTS protocol.  With the intent of allowing low lag performance with their large enemy counts.  At least most of time it's worked great for me, but I can understand why a new system like this could have problems considering what they are trying to do with it.
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Jackel2072

i have had some pretty bad lag in some matches. its been 50/50 between rooms that run smooth and rooms that were choppy. i only had to quit a game once because of it though.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By Yanngc33

Look at the bright side, at least the game came out in your region of the world

gutterkisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By gutterkisser

Most of my games have had pretty significant lag, I'm not sure if the matchmaking is poor or there's just no Australians playing.

It seems to compensate for lag by bringing the entire framerate to a stuttery mess, even in cut scenes. Loving the game and trying to push past, but half the time it's basically unplayable online..

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By Captainlunchbox

I've had more laggy games that I get kicked out of than playable ones. But the game is such that I always just reload and try again.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Coombs

I have noticed that in 4 man matches where there is a lot of explosives it tends to lag a good bit, 
    I have yet to d/c during a match though

bslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By bslayer

yeah my buddy and i had some pretty laggy matches, but it was so fun we decided to beat the game no matter what. we even got kicked into our own single player match once, and then just rejoined after each other. i know it will be fixed if it hasn't already and i plan to keep playing it for a while. in fact, after i'm done typing this, i'm gonna go play it. man, i can't wait for some badass dlc!

fleshribbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By fleshribbon

You know, I have played lots online in the past several days and haven't had a single laggy mission. Granted, I have mostly played with friends spread across the US but even playing with randoms a few times wasn't laggy. Of course there were the very few times where mass chaos was ensuing on the battlefield where the game slowed down but not laggy.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By YoungFrey

I've played a number of matches, and I've seen a lot more disconnects and desynchs than lag. Just sporadic lag but a good number of drops.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By kerse

I've only had one room so far that didn't have horrible lag, but the games so fun so far I'm just kinda pushing through it lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.