Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Iron Brigade

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 22, 2011

Described as "a game about love," Iron Brigade is a goofy alternate-historical WW1-themed third-person shooter/tower defense mash-up where up to four players take control of hulking bipedal tanks and must endure swarms of television-based robots.

How do YOU like to play?

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ImperiousRix

As has probably been said a bajillion times in the prevailing weeks to the game's release, Trenched is a game that lets you spec your mech (unintentional rhyming) the way you want and to play the way you wish. 
    So for those who have picked up the game and fiddled with it for a while, what kind of mech are you rolling with?  Huge guns?  Tons of emplacements?  A mix of both?  Tripod legs?  Quadriped? etc. etc. 
    How do YOU like to play Trenched?

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Valames

I'm currently playing "Active Download."

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ImperiousRix
    @Valames
    Damn, son.  That's one crazy load-out...
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I'm focusing on Emplacements - if the Core doesn't have a good load out for them I won't use it. 
    Currently using a build that's only got Two weapon slots on the Right side: using a Shred gun for more scrap and the Rosie for explosive properties against the Breakers.
    For Emplacements I've got: Standard Machine Gun (aerial and ground units), one of the slow emitters (second tier), some mortars and then a repair crane (which so far hasn't been useful but I'm sure it will be). 

I like to play it close to a straight up tower defense, but I'm happy I can help my towers out if things get sticky.

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By wealllikepie

i prefer a relatively balanced loadout where i have at least 3 machine guns and at least 2 turrets for my first runs of missions, after which i adjust with more specific settings if i fail

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImperiousRix

I'm definitely leaning more towards a support/emplacements set-up. 
    I use the Honeychurch chassis so I can either take two guns, or one big one into battle, and then focus on setting up a good perimeter of emplacements.  This set up seems to work a lot better with more people, where I can focus on mop-up duty, but I've been able to run through most single-player missions with it just fine.  Also; tripod legs for deployment is the way I go.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By redbliss

I like playing with a couple different loadouts. When I am playing solo I like to go engineering with either the 2 heavy slots or the heavy and support slot, depending on the mission. Sometimes, though, I find it fun to just go with the huge chassis and load it up with the hedge trimmer and the scythe (not sure if those are the names of the weapons). What I like most about this loadout is that I can pretty much fire my guns forever because they have different sized clips. Online though I usually just go with the huge chassis. Because the engineering relies so much on getting scrap, and the scrap online is shared, I just didnt think it was much fun running around upgrading other peoples turrets and not be able to lay too many of my own. 

Also, I have a question for people who have been playing the game recently. Has your regiment been updating? Mine has not, but I am not sure if it is a problem with the regiment in the game or if the people in my regiment just havent been playing. They have all leveled up to level 10 though, so I dont know why I am not getting regiment updates.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By EpicSteve

I focus on weapons instead of towers.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By hockeymask27

I go weapons usually  

A prince(AA Gun) and 3 machine guns 
    with the fortify/quick reload legs 
    and then machine gun and repair encampments 

MyNameIsJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MyNameIsJoe

I actually prefer engineering types.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I play a balanced loadout offline but online I like to use a large core with Quickload legs, because I usually get grouped with people who focus on Emplacements and it allows me to back them up.

tangmcgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By tangmcgame

I'm grinding out weapon kills right now, but usually I prefer the Selker support with a MG of some kind (Shredder, but I'm thinking of trying Razor of the Gods) and a slug shotty of some kind.  Selker gets 2x Heavy and 2x Light weapon slots which is preferable if you can convince the heavier guys to take care of the support emplacements.  There's only so many of those you need, but you'll usually only have 1-2 people who can drop heavy emplacements.

Selker  (w/ HOT PANTS!, but I'm considering going quad since I almost never use the boost)
    Weapons: MG/Shotgun
    Emplacements: Flak, MG, Sniper, Mine

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By capthavic

I prefer a long range artillery for toughies and a powerful MG for close range with flak and shotgun turrets on cleanup. I've found the quickload legs to be very useful since some of the cannons take ages to reload.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By YoungFrey

I run 3 machine guns and 1 artillery piece for co-op.  Guns don't use scarp and negotiating with other players as to who gets to buy emplacements is hard when your headset is broken. 
    KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KimChi4U

I like engineering trenches but there are a few missions where these aren't really that useful. The final level in Europe and the last level in Africa for example. Treches with big wea

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KimChi4U

Grr... As i was trying to say, Trenches with big weapons are better for certain levels.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By the_hiro_abides

It depends on the level. Most of the time I will play with a engineering chassis or assault chassis. But yeah, the boss levels require assault chassis to go for gold medals.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By ThePickle

Shotguns. All shotguns. 3 shotguns on each side. 6 shotguns. Non stop shotguns. Never not shotgunning. Always be shotgunning.

gutterkisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gutterkisser

FPS controls have my brain hardwired to hold the left trigger, and tap the right- so machine guns on my left trigger, shotguns/sniper cannons on my right. 

Also, being able to fire a sniper and a shotgun with one trigger is genius - ranged and CQC in one deadly tap of the finger.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I'm enjoying playing support. It's a little slow at first, but once the match gets going, puking turrets all over the place is oh so much fun.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rafaelfc

on my underwear.. oh wait... I mean, I switch up my style depending on the other trenches around me, I've mostly played as a support trench though...

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I've been doing the six-slot chassis (mk III) with cannon and triple AA guns. I'm level 9 or something so I don't have all the best stuff yet.

Everyone seems to run that setup though that I see online so I might switch soon.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By yoshimitz707

Huge Trench with Broadcaster and Artillery cannon!

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By louiedog

I like a big canon on the right and three machine guns (flak and shredders, more of one depending on the enemies I'll be facing) on my left with hot legs to get me around the battlefield. I switch up my emplacements depending on the map.

I played with a guy today who used two broadcasters, called in a few emplacements, and stood at the mouth of the busiest spawn point. It worked out well for him with 4 players, but I imagine that strategy isn't the best on all maps or with fewer players.

tangmcgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tangmcgame

I've discovered the Woodruff with 4x Scythe, Flak/Shotgun/ICP emplacements and Hot Pants is an excellent all-purpose build.  I was able to Gold Volcano running solo using that build.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't know how you guys stand rolling with one or two machine guns. I have to have the most and biggest guns in the park, when I roll in. Just need to be there in the fray.

For me, the repair crane is vital. Almost a necessity. If you use a pair of defensive legs, you can defend yourself a bit better, but I like to sprint between spawn points, streaming Matrix Revolutions-levels of bullets at enemies coming out. Just feels godly.

That said, I'd be dead meat in co-op without the Engineering types throwing out turrets.

Avatar image for reversesquiggly
    reversesquiggly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By reversesquiggly

My favorite loadout is the Woodruff with a sniper cannon (can't remember which one, it has ricochet) and two flak machine guns (Razor of the Gods). Online, though, I find myself forced to use an assault chassis and artillery cannons. I've tried to go engineering while playing online, but have found that I'm useless since everyone else uses assault chassis with huge artillery cannons and broadcasters.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By MEATBALL

In co-op I've been enjoying playing an assault Trench (been using the Karlsson) with quickload legs and a variety of machine guns on one arm and whatever big weapons a mission might call for on the other - normally either a big sniper rifle, assault cannon or broadcaster (love that deathsplosion).

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tesla

I use an engineering chassis just because no one else does. I forget which specific chassis, but I rock a magnet grenade launcher, razor of the gods, and a massive sniper turret.

You assault clowns can keep your six weapon slots while I set up nasty kill zones with my sniper/dampening combos. What are Volt Droppers again? It's been a while since they've survived longer than a couple of seconds when I'm playing.

dotdot20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dotdot20

Red-dot sniper.

I use The Gungnir & a standard laser

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.