I'm in Europe, and the game is in the "new releases" list

#1 Posted by Mordi (553 posts) -

I don't have plans to buy it, but it would let me get to the "buy" button. Not sure whether it stops you before you can actually download it, though!

I'm in Norway (you know, the capitol of Sweden).

#2 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

Yeah, we norwegians have had Trenched a long time. That's why I never got the whole "no Trenched for Europe"-news. 

#3 Posted by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -

Yep, that's known - it's supposedly primarily the EU members where it has been stopped.

Like Sweden, but not Norway.

#4 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

Norway isn't part of EU, so maybe that's why you guys got it? Goddamn EU and their trademark rules...

#5 Posted by ahoodedfigure (4240 posts) -

I've met many people who assume Norway's in the EU. I guess it's easy to lump them all together :)

Still, aren't those extra digital purchase tax laws in effect now?

#6 Posted by Mordi (553 posts) -

Aha. Well, finally we actually get something the rest of Europe can't have. Much like many features of Xbox Live isn't available to us!

#7 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

Norway is more like Sweden's little brother with a slight speech impediment.

#8 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

So that's why we don't have it. Fucking EU. I never wanted to be part of it to begin with!
#9 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@Mordi: You mean the bitch of the North, who's been pwnd by both Sweden and Denmark and only been independent for about 100 years?

#10 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -
@ahoodedfigure said:
I've met many people who assume Norway's in the EU. I guess it's easy to lump them all together :)  Still, aren't those extra digital purchase tax laws in effect now?
Should be, but haven't noticed any diffference. Steam has always had a tax in their prices, so it probably dissapears there. 
#11 Posted by BBQBram (2225 posts) -

@oatz said:

Norway is more like Sweden's little brother with a slight speech impediment.

Like Belgium is to Holland.

I kid the ungoverned.

#12 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -

@Mordi said:

Aha. Well, finally we actually get something the rest of Europe can't have. Much like many features of Xbox Live isn't available to us!

I'm guessing the Swiss would also likely be able to download it also if that's the case?

#13 Posted by ahoodedfigure (4240 posts) -
@oatz: don't forget "richer"
#14 Posted by _Horde (839 posts) -

@Vitor said:

@Mordi said:

I'm guessing the Swiss would also likely be able to download it also if that's the case?

Indeed they can.

#15 Posted by Mordi (553 posts) -

@Vodun said:

@Mordi: You mean the bitch of the North, who's been pwnd by both Sweden and Denmark and only been independent for about 100 years?

Yeah, the one with the jealous neighbors.

#16 Posted by Spacemonger (80 posts) -

Norwegian poweeerrrrr. 
/blows steam whistle 

I was about to download it right now, but suddenly Microsoft decided to sneak-patch me. Damn your downloading tardiness, mobile 'broad'band.

#17 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@Mordi said:

I'm in Norway (you know, the capitol of Sweden).

Dude, back in 98 I think it was, I received some mail from the Mighty Ducks Of Anaheim and it was adressed to "Oslo, Norway, Sweden."

This was official documents from a NHL team and even they pulled a boner on that. Granted, we're a terribly anonymous hockey nation, but still.

#18 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Norway is the capital of Sweden? I never knew that.

You learn something new everyday.

I guess you guys having Trenched kinda makes up for you being so inferior to us Swedes, but not really.

I'm kidding by the way...

#19 Posted by krapduude (12 posts) -

So is it not coming to EU countries at all? That would totally ruin my day... been waiting and waiting for it to appear on XBLA now for ages...

#20 Posted by Spacemonger (80 posts) -

I guess you could make a Norwegian/Swiss/US account and play it there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.