Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Iron Brigade

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 22, 2011

Described as "a game about love," Iron Brigade is a goofy alternate-historical WW1-themed third-person shooter/tower defense mash-up where up to four players take control of hulking bipedal tanks and must endure swarms of television-based robots.

Iron Brigade TNT Debut / Trenched Reprise?

Chippy180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chippy180

With Tre Iron Brigade making it's European debut(With the exception to some jerkfaces) do you think there will be any chance of this getting another shot on TNT, possibly accompanied by some dirty Trackmania dubstep? Personally I would love to see them throw down in the new survival mode, and I'm sure indie-Cliff BlezinskiBrad Muir and some of the other Double Finer's would be up for some more Giant Bomb chaos.

So, am I dreaming in monovision or is there a chance of this dream coming to light?

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By mscupcakes

After finally getting my hands on Drenched today, I'm totally in favour of this happening.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By david3cm

I wasn't very excited for this hearing about it in preceding weeks, but after finishing Skyrim last night and seeing Trenched in its newly named glory I'm kind of excited to hop back in.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker
    @mscupcakes

After finally getting my hands on Drenched today, I'm totally in favour of this happening.

You mean "Bucket Birgade"
    tangmcgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By tangmcgame

@david3cm said:

I wasn't very excited for this hearing about it in preceding weeks, but after finishing Skyrim last night and seeing Trenched in its newly named glory I'm kind of excited to hop back in.

Yeah, the unthinkable has happened: I'm playing Trenched instead of Skyrim. Endless mode is hard, rewarding, and encourages effective group play. Basically, it's a big chunk of what Trenched was missing. Money is still beyond useless (I wish there were a few pieces of really awesome gear available for, like, $200k or something) and the early pieces of gear are still easy too get, but I haven't seen the level 40+ gear at all yet, so that's encouraging. It's something to actually work towards.

If the Bombcast crew are accurate with their predictions then we might see Martian Bear in another month or so. That'd be awesome.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By golguin

I played it last night and it was still fun. Me and some random dudes got to wave 25 and that was with 3 Volt Droppers in a row.

GreatlyAmused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GreatlyAmused

I hadn't played it in months, broke it out tonight, though and the survival mode is great! We got to wave 31 before we had Big Willies with Jacobs coming from every single direction. We killed 3 but the fourth one murdered us.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

I really hope this game gets another TNT once the Martian Bear DLC is released. It's such a fun game. I'm not usually much of a mutliplayer gamer. I prefer single player experiences with an occasional split screen co-op if the right friends are over. But Trenched (I don't care what the label says) is one of those that is worth breaking out the headset for. It's good enough that I can justify breaking my usual anti-social behavior.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By benspyda

@david3cm: Finishing Skyrim...?

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By david3cm

@benspyda: Finishing Skyrim in the sense that dragons are now an eye-rolling inducing experience instead of a thrilling one and I should be by all rights considered the 10th divine (9th if you are an Imperialist bastard) since I am so over powered,. Not finished in the sense that I have seen everything.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Animasta

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

I really hope this game gets another TNT once the Martian Bear DLC is released. It's such a fun game. I'm not usually much of a mutliplayer gamer. I prefer single player experiences with an occasional split screen co-op if the right friends are over. But Trenched (I don't care what the label says) is one of those that is worth breaking out the headset for. It's good enough that I can justify breaking my usual anti-social behavior.

ryan tweeted something about that actually

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#12  Edited By vager
    darkfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#13  Edited By darkfury

Just bought the DLC to play in tonight's TNT, but I can't find any of the content in the menus. To you have to complete the base game to access those levels? Or maybe I can access the DLC levels in multiplayer but not single-player? Argh!

GolazoDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GolazoDan

@DarkFury: Was wondering about this. I bought the game a few days ago and really haven't got that deep into it, I'm onto the Africa levels and am at rank 6, so I dunno. I haven't checked whether you can access survival modes but I think you have to finish the base game to access single player DLC.

However, IIRC on the TNT where Ryan played Iron Brigade for the first time he was able to jump into games with more experienced players and play levels that he hadn't unlocked yet in single player so it might work that way.

darkfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#15  Edited By darkfury

@GolazoDan: If you wanna jump on and try playing the Survival to test it, let me know. I can't scroll to either the Survival or Mars in the mission selector but maybe after joining another player it'll work.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CptBedlam

I hope the last 30 minutes or so will be Jeff playing Trackmania!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.