Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Iron Brigade

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 22, 2011

Described as "a game about love," Iron Brigade is a goofy alternate-historical WW1-themed third-person shooter/tower defense mash-up where up to four players take control of hulking bipedal tanks and must endure swarms of television-based robots.

Old Xbox-Account

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

Guys,

I can not play this game, beacause I am too stupid to set up the (for a Steam game highly inappropriate) Games for Windows layer around it. I have an old Xbox account I know I also used on the PC ages ago (Dawn of War 2), but it will not take my credentials. Using the associated email-adress results in an error message, while the software tries to download the profile ("profile not found" etc.). However, it totally works on the xbox-website ...

Suggestions?

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Try logging in through the GFWL client? If it doesn't prompt you to download you can also try a different GFWL game like Tinker or Game Room, of which both are free and see if you can download your profiles in there.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wuddel

@WilltheMagicAsian: Darn. The GFWL also gives me an authentification error (code 80048821). Beats me. All MS-Websites work fine with the gamertag/e-mail/pw combo.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I never had any luck getting my xbox profile working on GFWL. It always glitched out during the gamertag recovery phase. I just created a new gamertag and used that for GFWL. It sucks, yeah, but at least you'll be able to play the game. That's GFWL for you. I think that should be their motto. "Games For Windows Live: It Sucks, But At Least You'll Be Able To Play The Game".

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

And this is why people hate GFWL.

@Wuddel said:

The GFWL also gives me an authentification error (code 80048821). Beats me. All MS-Websites work fine with the gamertag/e-mail/pw combo.

Does your password contain non-alphanumeric characters (>%*&+ etc)? I had the same error ages ago and it seems like every login except GFWL doesn't have a problem with non-alphanumeric characters. If your password contains one or more of these, try changing it to something simpler.

Good luck!

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wuddel

@Ravenlight: Thanks that did the trick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.