PC release?

#1 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

After watching the Quick Look, i'm sold. 

But, will the game be releasing on Steam/PC?

#2 Edited by onarum (2084 posts) -

highly unlikely, the only double fine game that got released on PC was psychonauts.

I wish they do a PSN release at least, at some point.

#3 Posted by eezo (284 posts) -

gaah.. would really like a PC version aswell.. don't even care if it's poorly optimized, just want the game!

#4 Posted by artofwar420 (6289 posts) -

I'd love a PC or PSN release. This seems like an awesome game to play with KB+M.

#5 Posted by Jace (1094 posts) -

I would buy day one for PC.

#6 Posted by Abendlaender (2803 posts) -

Me too.
I wonder why there are no Double Fine Games for Steam.
Seems odd to me

#7 Edited by Cyborgmatt (93 posts) -

I doubt we'll see a PC version:

Why no PC versions of Brütal Legend, Costume Quest, or Stacking?
As a developer we do not have final say in the sku plan for our games. That is the decision of the person investing the money, i.e. the publisher. We have much of the technology in place to produce PC versions of all these games, but there is still some more work required to make them shippable and that costs money. So far, our publishers have not elected to fund that work. Not because they hate PC Gamers, but because they don’t see enough financial reward. Double Fine does care about PC Gamers, and we always push for a PC version, and will continue to do so in the future. If we ever get super stinking rich here, with enough money to fund PC versions of our games, then we will go back and make them ourselves! Oh man, wouldn’t that be cool?
#8 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

*obligatory PC flamebait post*

PC is not ... double fine.

#9 Edited by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -

Psychonauts is available on steam.

I believe someone claimed that Trenched was sponsored by Microsoft (though, don't take that as fact - would need a source), which would be why it won't be on PSN or PC (at least any time soon).

Correction: It's published by Microsoft.

#10 Posted by Teran (877 posts) -
@Mnemoidian: Published and sponsored are practically the same thing it seems... though if Microsoft were honest about their claim of trying to promote the pc as a gaming platform games like this would have a pc release.
#11 Posted by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -

@Teran: I originally only used the (generci) "Sponsored" terms, as I was unable to fact check, added the publishing bit later... sorry about the confusion.

Unfortunately, I've got a feeling that hell will freeze over before the Xbox and Windows (Games for Windows Live?) divisions at Microsoft work together :/

#12 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
shakes head
#13 Posted by Keenblaze (471 posts) -
@Cyborgmatt said:

I doubt we'll see a PC version:

Why no PC versions of Brütal Legend, Costume Quest, or Stacking?
As a developer we do not have final say in the sku plan for our games. That is the decision of the person investing the money, i.e. the publisher. We have much of the technology in place to produce PC versions of all these games, but there is still some more work required to make them shippable and that costs money. So far, our publishers have not elected to fund that work. Not because they hate PC Gamers, but because they don’t see enough financial reward. Double Fine does care about PC Gamers, and we always push for a PC version, and will continue to do so in the future. If we ever get super stinking rich here, with enough money to fund PC versions of our games, then we will go back and make them ourselves! Oh man, wouldn’t that be cool?
Wow, that's a bummer. 

I BLAME PIRATES.
#14 Posted by CornBREDX (5262 posts) -

If I had tons of money I would give double fine some cash to publish games on the PC.

It's a shame what I dream doesn't become a reality just because I really want it too.

#15 Posted by Teran (877 posts) -
@Mnemoidian: I agree, hell probably will freeze over before it happens, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Microsoft has bungled "games for windows live" so badly I would be surprised if it survives and becomes a major force in the industry and I'm ok with that.  I'd rather see them have to work with Steam or another company in order to add cross platform play.  I was just making a comment on their claims about GFWL.
#16 Posted by Destroyeron (356 posts) -

I'd definitely buy a PC version as well.

#17 Posted by essi2 (144 posts) -

PC version of Trenched would be a day one purchase as long as it's not a GFW Marketplace exclusive.

The Norwegian version of which is usually updated weeks if not months after the US and the UK.

#18 Posted by JamesG (55 posts) -

<---------- Wants it on PC

#19 Posted by SSully (4185 posts) -

Good luck, I am pretty sure Microsoft owns the rights to the game.

#20 Posted by Sn1PeR (141 posts) -

Hopefully the great success that other XBLA titles are seeing on Steam will make a PC release more appealing.  I would also be in on this day one.  I would imagine this game would sell amazingly well on Steam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.