Please don't buy this game

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

Phew, thanks for the heads up.

#102 Posted by aButton (70 posts) -

All joking aside, your post made me buy this game tonight because you're a whiny dick and DoubleFine is good people.

#103 Edited by Teran (877 posts) -
@OsheaDiesStupid said:

Tower defense games have become a plague of modern gaming. The variations Trenched brings to the genre are pathetic to say the least. I played it for a few minutes and realized that this is the problem:people keep buying this garbage, so they keep making more. XBox live, Steam  and the Iphone App Store are overflowed with tower defense shit. They'll say that this one is special cuz it has the action component. Fuck that! That South Park tower defense did that and better. Encourage Double Fine to stop making shit and work on more original games like Stacking or Brutal Legend. 

I bought the game twice.  I love tower defense and if this is a plague then I hope more games get infected because Trenched is pretty damn fun. 

I was just kidding though, I only bought the game once.  It's great.  I can hardly wait for Trenched 2,  Trenched 3, and Trenched 4.
#104 Posted by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

Aw man, i already bought a copy, but something must be geneticly wrong with me, cause i like it and hope they make more.....
#105 Posted by s10129107 (1213 posts) -

i dont know if youre aware of this but some people like things that you dont like.  weirdos huh?

#106 Posted by Taklulas (401 posts) -
@OsheaDiesStupid said:
Tower defense games have become a plague of modern gaming. The variations Trenched brings to the genre are pathetic to say the least. I played it for a few minutes and realized that this is the problem:people keep buying this garbage, so they keep making more. XBox live, Steam  and the Iphone App Store are overflowed with tower defense shit. They'll say that this one is special cuz it has the action component. Fuck that! That South Park tower defense did that and better. Encourage Double Fine to stop making shit and work on more original games like Stacking or Brutal Legend. 
umadbro?
#107 Posted by CrazedMaverick (215 posts) -

You make a convincing argument. I might buy 2

#108 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

So because you don't like the mechanics this game is helping to popularise that means no one should buy it? Doesn't sound very fair to me.

#109 Edited by MEATBALL (3504 posts) -

@OsheaDiesStupid said:

Tower defense games have become a plague of modern gaming. The variations Trenched brings to the genre are pathetic to say the least. I played it for a few minutes and realized that this is the problem:people keep buying this garbage, so they keep making more. XBox live, Steam and the Iphone App Store are overflowed with tower defense shit. They'll say that this one is special cuz it has the action component. Fuck that! That South Park tower defense did that and better. Encourage Double Fine to stop making shit and work on more original games like Stacking or Brutal Legend.

I thought you would like to know that I bought a copy. :]

#110 Posted by iAmJohn (6135 posts) -

Great thread, will read again.

#111 Posted by Portis (1283 posts) -

@OsheaDiesStupid said:

Tower defense games have become a plague of modern gaming. The variations Trenched brings to the genre are pathetic to say the least. I played it for a few minutes and realized that this is the problem:people keep buying this garbage, so they keep making more. XBox live, Steam and the Iphone App Store are overflowed with tower defense shit. They'll say that this one is special cuz it has the action component. Fuck that! That South Park tower defense did that and better. Encourage Double Fine to stop making shit and work on more original games like Stacking or Brutal Legend.

I'd buy one more copy of the game if I could after reading that.

#112 Posted by Drebin_893 (2934 posts) -

@OsheaDiesStupid said:

I probably won't buy it, but you're silly.

#113 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5407 posts) -

Flag

#114 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11412 posts) -

Makes me wish my Xbox was working so that I could buy it. This game shows that there is still life in the tower defense genre! People should buy this to support making changes to genres like that! 

#115 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

Buying things you like is for pussies.

#116 Posted by Amerist (58 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
Guess who got their question answered!    
That's just epic. I love the interaction back to consumers. ξ
#117 Posted by WillyLo (302 posts) -

AND BOUGHT! :D

#118 Posted by Brockly46 (645 posts) -
@Chris2KLee said:

TOO LATE.

#119 Posted by project343 (2838 posts) -

I hate tower defence games. I loved the Trenched trial. Picking it up as soon as I grab a points card. 

You know what we should support? The quality tower defence games that change the genre in meaningful ways. Plants vs. Zombies? More of that, please.

#120 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Can't wait for tower defense in Gears 3. Oh wait, that's kinda happening in horde mode. Win!

#121 Posted by VoshiNova (1756 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

Fuck it, I'll just mail every cent I have to Double Fine.

hahaha hell yea! I'm in! ^o^

#122 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Dear Mr. President, 

There are too many states nowadays. Please, eliminate three. 

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

#123 Posted by OsheaDiesStupid (167 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man:  Hey don't feel bad. I might not like the game, but they got my money too. I admire Schafer and the Double Fine folk, but this was just a cheap cash in for them in my opinion. They're trying to squeeze as many games as possible from their engine, and they asked themselves "What sells?".  Of course, fucking Tower Defense.  

I  WISH TIM SCHAFER'S MOM WOULD DEFEND MY VEINY TOWER!!!!

I am looking forward to TNT though, because those Double Fine people know how to drink. 
#124 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -
@pakattak said:

I'll buy three! And I don't even have an X-Box!

I'll give you two xbox's so you can buy two copies!
#125 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@OsheaDiesStupid said:
@The_Laughing_Man:  Hey don't feel bad. I might not like the game, but they got my money too. I admire Schafer and the Double Fine folk, but this was just a cheap cash in for them in my opinion. They're trying to squeeze as many games as possible from their engine, and they asked themselves "What sells?".  Of course, fucking Tower Defense.  

I  WISH TIM SCHAFER'S MOM WOULD DEFEND MY VEINY TOWER!!!! I am looking forward to TNT though, because those Double Fine people know how to drink. 
And with linking that anything an everything you post is moot. Just some kind whining about how he hates tower defense games. 
#126 Posted by OsheaDiesStupid (167 posts) -
@Getz: I disagree. Tower defense games ARE easy and cheap to make. And they sell like crazy. FPS require more resources and customers are usually more picky. Also, that genre never got old since Wolfenstein 3D.  Heck I still play Quake3 and that came out supposedly when FPS as a concept was getting old.  

Buy your tower defense games, people! I don't really give a shit. I am part of the problem, I bought Trenched too. Probably not gonna play it much, but whatever.
#127 Posted by OsheaDiesStupid (167 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man:  Good for you that your online pseudonym was mentioned in a you tube video. Everyone has to be proud of something and you're moving up in the world!
#128 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

Please tell me to do more things.

#129 Posted by OsheaDiesStupid (167 posts) -
@warxsnake: Play Farcry 3, that game looks dope. Oh, and that's an order!
#130 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Tower defense is overdone, but Trenched at least does something different with it.

#131 Posted by Soliddragon24 (62 posts) -
#132 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

After reading the review and watching the Quick Look EX I am almost certain that I will be buying this once my paycheck gets deposited into my checking account tomorrow. You know why? Because it looks like a lot of fun. The precise reason anyone should buy a video game. I'm sorry if you disagree with that notion.

#133 Posted by DeanoXD (629 posts) -

@OsheaDiesStupid said:

@Getz: I disagree. Tower defense games ARE easy and cheap to make. And they sell like crazy. FPS require more resources and customers are usually more picky. Also, that genre never got old since Wolfenstein 3D. Heck I still play Quake3 and that came out supposedly when FPS as a concept was getting old. Buy your tower defense games, people! I don't really give a shit. I am part of the problem, I bought Trenched too. Probably not gonna play it much, but whatever.

so you start a thread proclaiming this game is not worth anyone's time or money, but yet you say you bought it and won't play it? And no game now a days is easy or cheap it all takes a lot of time, money and peoples hard work to get it done. so if you really believe what you have said, then make a tower defence game and prove to all of us how cheap and easy they are to make and i promise to buy it and review it here.

So until then nothing you ever say again will have any Credibility and starting this thread was nothing more then you trolling.

#134 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

a plague? who the fuck are you to dictate what is or isnt good.  Jesus christ at the influx of kids (i assume) in these forums lately
#135 Posted by ColumnBreaker (1164 posts) -

After the demo I'm not sold on it at all. Boring tower defense, the trenches themselves are bland and unexciting to control. Humor is spot on, though. Par for the course for Double Fine.

#136 Posted by Keenblaze (466 posts) -

I just bought 775 million copies of Trenched, and I do not own a 360. 

YOUR MOVE, OP.

#137 Posted by Levio (1786 posts) -

Religion/politics threads are one thing, but 133 responses over the criticism of a game?? He's even completely on topic!

You guys need better things to do, sheesh.

#138 Posted by CornBREDX (6059 posts) -

I want to be fair here, but this post feels like a flame bait.

To answer your request, though, no I would probably get it anyway and its not because of the whole tower defense thing as that's never appealed to me. I just like supporting the developer and to be honest this seems like a good game.

As for tower defense (and this will seem weird) even though I personally have no love for it (although I recently got Plants versus Zombies 'cus it was 5$ and I wanted to see what the hub bub was about- I am quite impressed) I must say I see the appeal. Its not quite RTS but it helps usher the RTS type game into more platforms and that's something I feel has to be respected.

Innovation is something I have always enjoyed, even if I'm not personally into what it brings.

I get it though, you think there's too many. Well in defense of Trenched they wanted to innovate on Tower Defense more (i haven't played it so I don't know how well that went) so I don't really see the complaint there. If its pushing the genre forward and not just rehashin gthe same thing, it's good for the genre. If it was mediocre or generic, then I'd understand.

I mean, there's tons of tower defense games, ya, but there's a ton of FPS' too. Just buy the games you like. It's not like they stopped making those too.

#139 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

Bought it too! It's fun as shit. A really solid co-op game where late game turns into a cluster fuck of turrets in the most magical sort of way.

#140 Posted by SomeJerk (3399 posts) -

First person shooter games have become a plague of modern gaming. The variations Call of Duty MW3 brings to the genre are pathetic to say the least. I played it for a few minutes and realized that this is the problem:people keep buying this garbage, so they keep making more. XBox live, Steam, PSN, Android Markets and the Iphone App Store are overflowed with first person shooter shit. They'll say that this one is special cuz it has the action-movie style. Fuck that! That South Park snowball fight game did that and better. Encourage the industry to stop making shit and work on more original games like Battlefield 3 or Hello Kitty Pillowfight.

#141 Posted by Sweep (8983 posts) -

Vote with your dollars (Or equivalent non-ridiculous currency of choice)!

If you are going to condemn a game then you should at least have the courtesy to explain what it is about that game that you didn't like in enough detail that people may present a counter argument and get a discussion going. Otherwise it's just flame-bait.

We don't take kindly to flame bait around here.

Anyways, this thread has gone as far as it's going to go. Game Over.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.