Trenched delayed in Europe?

• 198 results
#151 Posted by karatetron (692 posts) -

All the victories in Europe are delaying the release.

#152 Posted by Peacefulpaul108 (49 posts) -

How much do I wish I hadn't bought the points before I checked it was out here? :( 

#153 Posted by BinaryDragon (638 posts) -

@Peacefulpaul108 said:

How much do I wish I hadn't bought the points before I checked it was out here? :(

a lot?

#154 Posted by Peacefulpaul108 (49 posts) -
@BinaryDragon: That's almost exactly right!  It's "Quite a lot."
#155 Posted by MachoFantastico (4915 posts) -

Just checked out the start of the Trenched TNT and Brad's response to the question concerning a European release was worrying, sounds like this issue (whatever it is, legal or not) is going to take a while. Wasn't keen on going down the US account route but might have to.

#156 Posted by MachoFantastico (4915 posts) -

Screw it, all this is more trouble then it's worth. I'm sure Trenched will hit Europe sometime in the next year :D

#157 Posted by guyver0 (167 posts) -

patience is a virtue

#158 Posted by Sick_Sick_Sick (91 posts) -

giant bomb european brigade when it comes out?

#159 Posted by Troglet (21 posts) -

something tells me it's not coming next wednesday..... wonderful.

if it takes to long, say months, and bigger games start coming out, I don't think I'll bother. I'm in a between-games lull at the moment and Trenched would have filled it rather nicely.

#160 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -

This makes me a sad panda.

Really sad.

#161 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

If from Dust comes out this week I'll be able to hold for a few more weeks.  It's lucky Valve dropped the TF2 update actually, I have something to distract me while I wait.

#162 Posted by BinaryDragon (638 posts) -

@IncredibleBulk92: summer of arcade kicks of on july 20th.... Sorry.

#163 Posted by SpaceKangaroo (147 posts) -

Still no news? :(

I'm also pretty doubtful of its release this week with no updates from anyone ;x

#164 Posted by rmanthorp (4096 posts) -
#165 Posted by Sick_Sick_Sick (91 posts) -

fuck this us account hear i come

#166 Posted by derO23 (44 posts) -
And all that delay nonsense (and sometimes censorship) is exactly the reason why I, since I'm living in Germany, have an US and UK account.
#167 Posted by AlisterCat (5786 posts) -

I can't see it arriving anytime soon given that the game doesn't even exist as far as the marketplace is concerned.

#168 Posted by _Horde (839 posts) -

@derO23 said:

And all that delay nonsense (and sometimes censorship) is exactly the reason why I, since I'm living in Germany, have an US and UK account.

Yeah, I'm beginning to see the use of international accounts.

#169 Posted by SpaceKangaroo (147 posts) -

@Rufi91: AWHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ;___________;

#170 Posted by Troglet (21 posts) -

so I can play it on my UK account if I make a US account then buy it on that account, but I have to be logged into the US account to do it? (if its not out tomorrow I will end up doing this :(

#171 Posted by MachoFantastico (4915 posts) -

At least we now know that it's not in Double Fine's hands, I'm guessing it must be down to either Microsoft or some certification issue.

Wouldn't be entirely shocked if Microsoft don't delay it till Summer of Arcade in late July. The game as been getting some good press and Microsoft might think it's best to delay it and give Trenched some publicity. If it's a legal issue then I wouldn't expect Trench any time soon, remember that legal issues take forever usually and there is a possibility that DF will have to change the game to.

#172 Edited by CptBedlam (4462 posts) -

@Troglet said:

so I can play it on my UK account if I make a US account then buy it on that account, but I have to be logged into the US account to do it? (if its not out tomorrow I will end up doing this :(

With every purchase, you get two licenses: a console license and an account license. In practice this means the console license allows you to play the content with any account on the console you purchased it on (if you swtich consoles, you can transfer all licenses using a tool on xbox.com). The account license allows you to play it on any console (friends consoles etc) as long as you use the account that purchased the content - an online connection is required though if you want to do this.

I do this regularly. I bought Doom, Dead Rising Case Zero, some Gears DLC with an US account but played all of it with my main German account.

#173 Posted by Troglet (21 posts) -

wonderful, I make a US account, pay for the game, and now my 360s audio dies, i can play, just with no audio....... anyone else get this?

#174 Posted by Dredlockz (347 posts) -

so... still no trenched huh?

goddamn

#175 Posted by MachoFantastico (4915 posts) -

cowfishdreams (Xbox social media editor) just posted on twitter:

'Few people asking about Trenched on XBLA - no new release date for it yet. Will keep you posted'

If I could, I'd put good money on it appearing the end of July for Summer of Arcade. Wish they'd at least say why it's been delayed. Something to do with Xbox and Microsoft though.

#176 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -

thought it was supposed to come out toda :/ what is going on.....

#177 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@Yanngc33 said:

thought it was supposed to come out toda :/ what is going on.....

They've never said when we should expect it and refuse to tell us what the problem is.. But it seems to be big enough that we won't be getting it any time soon.

I'd simply buy the US version, but I'm expecting them to do something for the European version to make it up to us. A unique paintjob or something would be nice.

#178 Edited by MachoFantastico (4915 posts) -

New theory folks (yes another one), some folks saying it could be down to the name already being in use in Europe (heard some mention it's a boardgame but can't find out any board game). One thing is for sure, not at all in Double Fine's hands and they literally cannot do a thing about this as it's all Microsoft handling this. Unfortunately it'll probably hurt sales to some degree.

So either this is yet another theory, or someone didn't do their job properly.

#179 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -

@TrueEnglishGent said:

New theory folks (yes another one), some folks saying it could be down to the name already being in use in Europe (heard some mention it's a boardgame but can't find out any board game). One thing is for sure, not at all in Double Fine's hands and they literally cannot do a thing about this as it's all Microsoft handling this. Unfortunately it'll probably hurt sales to some degree.

So either this is yet another theory, or someone didn't do their job properly.

I'd play trenched the board game

#180 Posted by o5ris (22 posts) -
@derO23 said:
yeah, i thought my uk account would be enough but i guess i will get a additional us account, especially since us m$ points are crazy cheap anyway.
#181 Posted by derO23 (44 posts) -
@o5ris said:
@derO23 said:
yeah, i thought my uk account would be enough but i guess i will get a additional us account, especially since us m$ points are crazy cheap anyway.
Most of the time I use the US account for that reason. The UK account is the backup in case some DLC is IP-restricted and I have to use the VPN tunnel.
#182 Posted by diz (943 posts) -
#183 Posted by MachoFantastico (4915 posts) -

What a poor mistake to make, someone could be losing their job.

#184 Posted by MachoFantastico (4915 posts) -

Let's play: Rename Trenched!

Already heard 'Entrenched' which I rather liked.

#185 Posted by Sitoxity (544 posts) -

Although I really don't see how a trademark of "Trench" makes "Trenched" trademarked, I'll play this little game with something simple.

Just call it "Drenched" to be funny.

#186 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@diz said:

Play Trench the board game:

http://www.criacoesasolo.com/

This guy Rui Alipio has the trademark. Well researched Double-Fine!

Wtf does trench have to do with trenchED?

#187 Posted by AlisterCat (5786 posts) -

I can see Microsoft just choosing not to release it in Europe at all.

#188 Posted by Xdsk (268 posts) -

Way to drop the ball Double Fine. Hopefully the copyright holder and Double fine can come to some sort of agreement, as i would really like to play Trenched some time this year. 

Also they should rename Trenched to MechWarrior: Tube Defence...oh wait. Or MechAssault2:Tube wolf. Or better yet, Trench Battalion.

#189 Posted by Daiphyer (1365 posts) -

Guys, I don't think Trench has anything to do with Trenched. 

#190 Posted by diz (943 posts) -
#191 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@diz said:

@Vodun said:

@diz said:

Play Trench the board game:

http://www.criacoesasolo.com/

This guy Rui Alipio has the trademark. Well researched Double-Fine!

Wtf does trench have to do with trenchED?

Do you remember Tim Langdell of "Edge" trademark fame?

Trademark infringement may occur "when one party, the "infringer", uses a trademark which is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark owned by another party".

Yeah I know, it's just so amazingly retarded. The fact that you can trademark "trench" as well...sigh.

#192 Posted by diz (943 posts) -

The thing I can't understand is how Microsoft seem to have registered the "Trenched" trademark (as noted at the bottom of the screen at http://www.trenchedgame.com/) without it conflicting with a pre-existing registered mark, unless the "Trench" trade mark was not registered. I think the issue here is that trademarks do not always have to be registered.

I also don't know why this whole issue would not have affected the US release too.

I'm confused, but trademark law is baffling!

#193 Posted by AlisterCat (5786 posts) -

Looks like it's confirmed. http://botchweed.com/game-news/trenched-delay-in-europe-due-to-trademark-issues/

@diz said:

The thing I can't understand is how Microsoft seem to have registered the "Trenched" trademark (as noted at the bottom of the screen at http://www.trenchedgame.com/) without it conflicting with a pre-existing registered mark, unless the "Trench" trade mark was not registered. I think the issue here is that trademarks do not always have to be registered.

I also don't know why this whole issue would not have affected the US release too.

I'm confused, but trademark law is baffling!

Trademarks are not international as far as I know. For instance, Magners Cider is actually Bulmers in it's native Ireland but HP Bulmer owns the name Bulmers so they call it Magners outside Ireland.

#194 Posted by Daiphyer (1365 posts) -
@Daiphyer said:
Guys, I don't think Trench has anything to do with Trenched. 
Guys, I think Trench has everything to do with Trenched.
#195 Posted by guyver0 (167 posts) -

Death from Above just added a 1979 to their name. Trenched could do the same.

#196 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -
@CptBedlam: So how do you manage to buy points? I'm looking at it now and they seem to give me different errors for each method i try.
#197 Posted by guyver0 (167 posts) -

HOW DOES THIS GET RELEASED AND NOT TRENCHED!!!!!

IT'S CALLED TRENCHES!!!!!!

LIES!!!!!!!

http://www.thundergameworks.com/games.tgw

#198 Posted by CptBedlam (4462 posts) -

@IncredibleBulk92:

You'll probably need to buy the points from some US store for them to work with a US account.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.