Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Iron Brigade

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 22, 2011

Described as "a game about love," Iron Brigade is a goofy alternate-historical WW1-themed third-person shooter/tower defense mash-up where up to four players take control of hulking bipedal tanks and must endure swarms of television-based robots.

Trenched is kind of too easy

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xxizzypop

I don't have many bad things to say about Trenched, but playing through, I feel like it's almost too easy, and I'm only playing solo. Perhaps it's just an innate sense of how to play tower defense, but it just doesn't feel that difficult, less so with more people. Much more enjoyable with a couple other people, but even easier.

I'm curious to see how DF handles post-release Trenched. I'm curious to see if they'll raise the level cap, what kind of loot they'll add and what kind of levels will come with it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some kind of survival mode. The biggest problem is that I never really feel like I am in any danger.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DharmaBum

I shared this sentiment as I played through the game, eagerly anticipating that one level that forces me to replay it over and over. Volcano is clearly intended to provide the most challenge/replayability, but as with all of the levels once you've caught on to the wave pattern it's only a matter of proper execution. I have a feeling this was a tricky subject to tackle for the Double Fine folks and they opted to ship a game that could be beaten with minimum frustration.

The good thing is, despite all of these criticisms, I still find the game enjoyable (and relaxing), largely due to the polished gameplay and deep customization. I feel like the game achieves the most when there's an overwhelming amount of enemies and you're frantically moving from one spot to the next. All it really needs is an infinite "horde" mode that will put your high-level items to good use and give players a new leaderboard to compete over.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Volcano really gave me a hard time, but other than that, yeah.

Not sure it's supposed to be about difficulty. Not that that makes your claim any less valid, but Trenched is geared for for dudes who just want to hang out and shoot shit. Sometimes with their own guns. And sometimes with turrets.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By matt

I agree. If I'm going to collect all this loot I want something to use it on.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mnzy

My favourite tower defense game ever is Pixeljunk Monsters and part of why is that it is pretty damn hard in the later levels, you really have to play it several times to figure out how to get through. Playing it coop just gives you a great sense of accomplishment.
    I don't like easy coop-games.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By louiedog
    @Matt said:

I agree. If I'm going to collect all this loot I want something to use it on.

I've got almost all of the loot and I have 200/200 achievement points. I still keep playing and switching up my gear all the time. Different levels require different strategies and even different gear on the same level produces different results. The lack of difficulty hasn't held me back at all from using all of the loot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.