Yeah, so Iron Brigade is not out in Europe yet.

#1 Posted by nobel (58 posts) -

As the title says, Iron Brigade is not out in Europe yet and I am a bit disappointed. I understand there might be technical issues with changing the name of the game and making everything work - but i would have expected Double Fine to at least release a statement saying when it will be out. Instead, they have chosen to go completely silent.

I can't wait for this game! Any fellow Europeans out there who share my pain?

#2 Posted by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

Meh, my excitement has come and gone for this game.

#3 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Lost all interest in the game some time ago.. the situation has been handled astonishingly poorly and the developers seem to be doing little to make it right.

It would have been greatly to play through it in the summer, but they've left me feeling sour and there's so much else coming out now.

#4 Edited by DonPixel (2627 posts) -

You guys are not missing much to be honest, save those euros for the holiday big titties.

#5 Posted by nobel (58 posts) -

I know there are other things coming out, but I do love me some tower defense, and i usually really enjoy the tone and style of the Double Fine games.

At this point I'm concerned it won't come out ever :-(

I mean, if they had a serious plan for it they would have released a statement.. right?

#6 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Swoxx said:

Meh, my excitement has come and gone for this game.

Same, honestly.

#7 Posted by White_Silhouette (476 posts) -

During the BLLSL it was mentioned that it was in cert at MS. So maybe there was a problem with it or MS is sitting on it due to other stuff planned during the different weeks. Either way it would be nice if Double Fine would say something.

#8 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

I was only moderately interested when it was still Trenched, now I probably wouldn't even jump on a PC port with mod support.

#9 Posted by Zzzleepy (162 posts) -

@DonPixel said:

You guys are not missing much to be honest, save those euros for the holiday big tittles.

I read that last part as the "holiday big titties" and now I feel ashamed of myself :(

#10 Edited by DonPixel (2627 posts) -
@Zzzleepy said:

@DonPixel said:

You guys are not missing much to be honest, save those euros for the holiday big tittles.

I read that last part as the "holiday big titties" and now I feel ashamed of myself :(

haha good idea fuck videogames invest on that. 
#11 Posted by MrMooEar (19 posts) -

Man it's hard to get the word out! We've put announcements about the release on our facebook and twitter but that's about all we've got. Double Fine is not exactly a PR juggernaut! ;)

The September release date was not authorized by Double Fine. I'm sorry about that! Certification and finaling is such a weird process, particularly with digital distribution. It's hard to give firm dates until very close to release. On top of that this is a Pretty Hard maneuver we're trying to do with the renaming of the game. It doesn't happen very often so the cert process is stickier than we thought.

This delay wasn't funny, then became kind of hilarious, but now it's totally overshot and become unacceptable. Unfortunately there's not much that we could have done differently. I want you guys to be able to play the game no matter where the fuck you live! As soon as we have a release date we will kick it out to you. Promise!

-Brad

#12 Posted by White_Silhouette (476 posts) -

@MrMooEar: Glad to hear something from somebody.

#13 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1203 posts) -

Love takes time.

#14 Posted by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

@MrMooEar: Kudos to you guys for actually coming on here and giving some answers, not many studios would do that

#15 Posted by Mnemoidian (960 posts) -

@MrMooEar: Thanks for speaking up, greatly appreciated!

I think the issue is, though, that it's been very quiet on the European front for some time - and I'm not exactly sure which Twitter account to look at anymore (@TRENCHEDGAME hasn't had any activity since Sep 3rd, and not found an Iron Brigade account?).

Either way, still looking forward to Iron Brigade/Trenched/Drenched, so I'm hoping we'll hear some more news (and a release date) in the not too distant future - Europe could do with some love :)

/salute

#16 Posted by penINC (136 posts) -
#17 Posted by N7 (3666 posts) -

@penINC said:

Guys, bad news.

Sooner or later, they have to call it "GAME WITH GUNS AND GIANT ROBATS AND GUYS THAT SHOOT THINGS".

#18 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2482 posts) -
@DonPixel said:
That typo is gold.
#19 Posted by DonPixel (2627 posts) -
@atomic_dumpling said:
@DonPixel said:
That typo is gold.
I just did it official dude, titties. 
#20 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@penINC said:

Guys, bad news.

Christ, I couldn't help but laugh.

I hope this still sees a PC release.

#21 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8606 posts) -

Lost all interest for it, there's bigger and better stuff coming out and I can use every euro I can spare.

#22 Posted by MachoFantastico (4889 posts) -

Lost interest, have to wonder if it will even be released in Europe now to be honest.

#23 Posted by nobel (58 posts) -

@MrMooEar: Thanks for the info! It's great to know you guys are still working hard to get the thing released.

#24 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2482 posts) -
@DonPixel said:
@atomic_dumpling said:
@DonPixel said:
That typo is gold.
I just did it official dude, titties. 
#25 Posted by amardilo (127 posts) -

Anyone heard anything about this being released in Europe anytime soon?

#26 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

They should have just called it Psychonauts 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.