Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Izuna Drop

Concept »

The Izuna Drop's origin began in the 1969 manga called Ninpu Kamui Gaiden OP (The Legend of Kamui). Kamui learned this move from watching weasels leap from trees and attack birds. Many fictional ninja and/or video game characters use Kamui's move to this day, such as Vega (Street Fighter), Ryu Hayabusa (Dead or Alive / Ninja Gaiden), and Kage-Maru (Virtua Fighter).

What's an Izuna Drop?

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Luke

For those of you out there that have always had a thing for Guy, but didn't know why... maybe it's for the same reason you hate Vega?  Regardless, it must be because of their mad Izuna skills! 

Do you still find yourself constantly asking, "Did Rock Lee really whoop Sasuke that badly, in the earlier episodes... how did he do that again?" 

Well, ask no more.  Marvel at the pure amazement, and again if you don't already know, enlighten yourselves all about the wonderful world of Izuna Drops!!! 

Man, seriously, I really wish I could see someone do this in RL.  Just think about how awesome it'd be to see a drunken bar brawl end with one duder giving the other duder a rundown of his Izuna technique! 
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By bed

DOA!! god i love that move. 

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By luce

Its when i drop an Izuna on dat ass

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Luke
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Andorski

Oh shit... LiL' Jon !!!

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By animateria

Morrigan takes the cake!

That's one high ass Izuna Drop. And she has a nice ass, and boobs or whatever....

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

I seen that video yesterday.  Good stuff.  I love the Viruta Fighter 3 suicide one.

IzunaDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By IzunaDrop

I fell in love with the move in Ninja Gaiden on the first XBOX. That game had us in awe. A groundbreaking moment in action gameplay and video game aesthetics. Something that undeniably defined how my friends and I felt about this weird black box we all bought into. Something to stem the pain of the loss of the Dreamcast without giving in and buying a PS2.

Vega's and Guy's also deserve an honorable mention.

I should really find a copy of Ninja Gaiden Black... sadly the only videos of the move on the net have weird commentary. The move is not that hard, just unusable on the large monster enemies throughout the game.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, I can't imagine not posting on this now that I know theres a thread about one of my all time favourite video game moves on my all time favourite video game website.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.