Who else wants J Allard back?

#1 Posted by Wolverine (4269 posts) -

J Allard was so awesome! He was so cool and he made the Microsoft press conference so exciting. All of the guys that spoke at the recent press conference are awesome to but I still miss J Allard. Do you guys miss J Allard to?

#2 Posted by Termite (2395 posts) -

Everyone wants J Allard back apparently, especially the GB Crew

#3 Posted by Mexalen (232 posts) -

I'm pretty sure J Allard will resurface soon. He just has too!

#4 Posted by Riicochet (94 posts) -

He was a fool, and a frowned upon fool at the time.

i find it lulz'y and odd that people seem to be into him now.

#5 Posted by sizu (391 posts) -

I remember J Allard being on a tv prog about the development of the xbox back in the day.  He was skateboarding down a corridor.

I filed that under being a Tool since he was a grown man, and trying to do it to be "cool".

#6 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

He did add a little pazaz to the Microsoft crew....

#7 Posted by lawb (54 posts) -
MsCortana said:
"He did add a little pazaz to the Microsoft crew....
"
Exactly. Im not a J Allard fan but I thought the guy represents Microsoft and Xbox 360 the best. He'll probably end up being the face of Microsofts next console.
#8 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I'm watching E3 2007 MS conference because of this thread. Is he in last years?

#9 Posted by SlayingShogun (257 posts) -

Yeah i want J Allard back too

#10 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

I want him back.

#11 Posted by duxup (354 posts) -

Are there any old vids of him doing his thing?  I watch the press conferences but for some reason I don't remember him at them.

#12 Posted by Mexalen (232 posts) -

Sure, he acted like a fool. But he did so deliberately. Maybe he wanted to be a Reggie Fils-Aime ...

But he had a good vibe, and disappeared suddenly ... just like Elvis. If J Allard comes back, so does the king - you heard it here first :)
#13 Posted by The_Dude (798 posts) -

He made me believe that he honestly believed in what he was saying, J was awesome!

#14 Posted by Contra_dk (165 posts) -

Yeah, I say bring Baldy back. He is so hip, that you can't help but hate him. Still, bring him back!

#15 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

I don't mind either way, but he was pretty cool.

#16 Posted by pause422 (6153 posts) -

J Allard is what microsoft was missing that would of BLOWN EVERYONE AWAY! no doubt,he has to make a return.

#17 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (289 posts) -

I miss him too. I miss that bald head of his.

#18 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

Hopefully he escapes Reggies basement soon

#19 Posted by ElStevo (28 posts) -

Seems like the original guys who had the vision for the original Xbox have slowly drifted away and the 360 doesn't have the same sense of... enthusiasm, I guess, about it any more. I think J Allard was a bit part of that and it's a shame he's gone. Hopefully they'll bring him back.

#20 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
CoolDrMoney said:
"Hopefully he escapes Reggies basement soon
"
Lawl at avatar.
#21 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

I don't, he was kind of crazy...

#22 Posted by Ghil (229 posts) -

He was crazy, and we liked him for it. Bring him back! He was the guy that put the fun in Microsoft's conferences ;)

#23 Posted by DappaDizzle (179 posts) -

id like to see him back but in all honesty don't see h9im back till the next xbox

#24 Posted by Flexiable (98 posts) -

I'd rather have Moore back with Xbox in all honesty.

#25 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Flexiable said:
"I'd rather have Moore back with Xbox in all honesty.
"
Moore is a klutz. I liked the guy from the E3 '08 conference better, maybe he was more charismatic, but Moore seems to be doing fine with EA.
#26 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"Flexiable said:
"I'd rather have Moore back with Xbox in all honesty.
"
Moore is a klutz. I liked the guy from the E3 '08 conference better, maybe he was more charismatic, but Moore seems to be doing fine with EA.
"

Yup, his pockets are surely loaded.
#27 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

Whose J Allard?

#28 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
shadowjak said:
"Whose J Allard?"

Google is your friend.
#29 Posted by Whight_Knight (707 posts) -

I would'nt mind seeing him back.Or Peter Moore.

#30 Posted by Turtlemayor333 (510 posts) -

J should start hosting Deal or No Deal and Howie can be our Xbox guy.

#31 Posted by Wafe (57 posts) -

He just got promoted to CXO so he might not just be on the Zune team anymore.

#32 Edited by Systech (4078 posts) -

I think the real question is: Who doesn't want J Allard back? I sure as hell want some J.

#34 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Shaolin_Munkeh said:
"Allard should definetly come back, that guy at E3 this year was dull as hell. Though we should be thankful Cammie from Nintendo didn't work for Microsoft, what a patronising c*** of a woman she was!"

Yeah he is such a noob, just watch his interviews.. hate that guy, full of PR bs.
#35 Posted by LuckyWanderDude (929 posts) -

I like his name....

#36 Posted by Plipster (129 posts) -

I want him to return and state he's going to personally infuse every Kinect unit with his own chi.

#37 Posted by TooWalrus (12973 posts) -

5 years ago, maybe. I don't really want J Allard back just to sell me kinect and TV shit- that seems depressing, somehow.

#38 Posted by YoungFrey (1319 posts) -

My entire Allard experience consists of Space Giraffe and listening to game journalists gush about him. So, no, I could do with no more Allard forever.

#39 Posted by Iodine (532 posts) -

The tribe gladly welcomes J back

#41 Posted by Hailinel (22711 posts) -

I can't imagine why he'd want to come back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.