How did you feel about Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny?

#1 Posted by Superchris129 (379 posts) -

OK, so it's on one of the movie channels right now, and I'm watching it for the first time. Right now he's flying around on top of Bigfoot... and I'm pretty much convinced that this is the greatest movie ever made. Am I wrong? Why?

#2 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

The songs are funny.

Tenacious D as a band I like, the movie is eh.
#3 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

I love Tenacious D. I loved the movie.

#4 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

I recorded it last night.  WIth my massive collection of unwatched television shows, movies and video games to watch/play, it might be quite a while before I get there.

#5 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

that movie rocks. not as amazing as the original tv show that started it all. but its cool man i like the movie, hilarious satan rock battle scene!

#6 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

From what I've seen of the movie, it's pretty damn funny. I was in hysterics when I saw the final showdown.

#7 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -

God bless Dave Grohl for putting so much make-up on for being the Devil.

#8 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -

The movie? I thought it was stupid, but in a funny way.

#9 Posted by insanegamer (612 posts) -

thought the movie was great.

#10 Posted by CashBailey (794 posts) -

I thought it was absolute rubbish.

Jack, KG and .Co waited far too long to be relevant with this half-assed film. Not to mention the fact that the film contains not one single memorable song.

Epic Fail, across the board.

#11 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

i love tribute. only good thing to ever come out of tenacious d.

#12 Edited by Claude (16254 posts) -
#13 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I didnt like it too much. I seen it at the cinema, have never bothered to watch it since.

#14 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I loved the movie...it was the only film I've ever seen at a Midnight Showing. I'm pretty sure I was the only one there who wasn't high and/or drunk!

#15 Posted by TehJames (199 posts) -

ITS FUCKING AWESOME!

#16 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5058 posts) -

I liked it but haven't seen it in forever. 

#17 Posted by Goldanas (544 posts) -

I bought the album before I saw the film. I greatly enjoyed the album, it was very well done across the board. 

When I saw the movie, I was surprised at how the music didn't seem to mix well with the actual film. All the context was there, but it wasn't put together at the quality the actual album was. As a result, it really undersold the music, which was the biggest selling point, leading up to its release. 

Aside from the musical segments however, the film had a lot of strong points, and the comedy was very strong. I imagine most were let down by the quality of the musical segments as I was, which is probably one of the reasons the film was poorly received.

#18 Posted by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

Eh it was alright, but the show was funnier. 

#19 Posted by MrMuffinzzz (98 posts) -

The movie is funny from start to finish! Especially the scene with Dave Grohl as the devil.

#20 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -

i like the fact that we have a Jack Black forum

One of the reasons i love this site.

#21 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

I somehow could never stand the guy. 
He was tolerable in Brutal Legend, but overall, I find him irritating. 
Of course, this is a personal matter, it might just be me. 
In any case, he's way more successful then i'll ever be in life, so... He = accomplished against me = loser.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.