Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jack Tretton

Person » credited in 140 games

Jack Tretton was the President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America (SCEA), a division of Sony Computer Entertainment, which is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation.

Jack Speaks. The Industry Collectively Rolls Its Eyes.

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Edited By pickassoreborn

It takes the CEO of a multi-national corporation to remind us all that the world of videogaming hasn't really grown up much, if at all. I'm curious to know if those electrical impluses which sparked up the catalyst of an idea to kick the beehive of "those other dudes" came from his own chemical reaction or one inspired by someone on a higher plane. Kaz? Did Kaz send him a text message so worn and used, he's got it saved as a template?

JACK!!11 TIME TO PISS OFF COMPETITION AND FANS OF THE COMPETITION. LOL. L8RS! KAZ.

I imagine Hirai-san sends his texts in caps like that. I also imagine that deep down in the recesses of Jack Tretton's brain, he would love to send a press release in ALL CAPS because he realises it would piss off even more people. Yep, that Jack Tretton. The same bloke who has repeatedly dissed the competition through carefully-worded brainfarts which magically transform into fully-formed, viable news stories. I would point you in the direction of these news stories of the past, but a quick Google search reveals that Jack's latest brainfart has had the desired effect; there will be no research of the past tonight.

It has happened in the past though. Multiple times. I know my 35 year old brain has been through a lot of shit, but I do remember the anger which a younger me experienced. Younger me was a lot more fanatical about allegiances to faceless corporations and inanimate objects. I used to be a die-hard Dreamcast fan. When you're fanatical about something, it's very easy to get upset when someone comes along and disses the thing you love the most. There's not a care for the radical art stylings of Jet Set Radio, the balls-out bravery of releasing Rez or the batshit-crazy Samba de Amigo with a maraca peripheral. Maracas! Actual maracas! Maracas of the future! There was the online which was waaay ahead of its time, one of the most expensive adventures involving a young man looking for sailors in a hyper-real area of Japan. How could I not be a fan of that? How could anyone?

Playstation 2 came along, Dreamcast floundered. I was embittered, so embittered. I learnt though.

The more wise of us know that console wars are a load of bullshit. They are just as futile as the news stories which breed out of them like nasty, cancerous, creeping turds. Analysts report that PS3 will overtake 360 in sales soon? Really? Who gives a hoot except the fanboys adding that to their cerebral scrapbook of fact-ammo? Not me, sir. Give me consoles which are successful. Any console, I don't give a hoot. As long as it keeps me in biscuits and booze I'm happy.

I really want to like Jack Tretton. He seems like a nice guy. He has a confident Sensodyne smile and a suit starched up to the balls with confidence. I'm sure if I shook his hand, I'd be hypnotised by his highly-polished hyperbole. Truth be known - Jack Tretton is the ultimate in fanboys. Not only that, he's a corporate fanboy too. A fanboy who means business if business means throwing mud at the competition. It doesn't get me mad in the way it did when I was myself a fanboy, more that it gets me mad as a fully-paid-up member of the games industry.

C'mon, Jack. What's with this?

"Our view of the Game Boy experience is that it's a great babysitting tool, something young kids do on airplanes, but no self-respecting twenty-something is going to be sitting on an airplane with one of those. He's too old for that."

I'm a self-respecting thirty-something and I have had some great experiences on the DS. That's a classic throwdown that any self-respecting fanboy throws out there - Nintendo is for kids. Far from it. Say what you like about the Wii, it's expanded the gaming audience like you wouldn't believe. Jack failed to mention that massive percentage of females who game on the DS too. Surely Jack knows that this is only good for the very industry he's a part of? Those "self-respecting twenty-somethings" probably have more than just their Nintendos to play with. Heck, they probably own something Sony-branded too.

Nintendo were creating gaming experiences with playing cards waaaaay before Masaru Ibuka - co-founder of Sony - was even born. I Wikipiedia'd him too. He looked like a decent bloke. He wouldn't diss the competition, Jack. Have some professionalism for once in your life, sir. Maybe some measured judgement? Maybe realise that the world's pretty fucked up right now and some solidarity wouldn't go amiss?

I don't think he cares though. Stuff like this only turns people against each other even more than usual. The more mature members of the gaming community (of which there are quite a few and thanks to the passage of time, continuing to grow) all sigh a collective "Oh, Jack. Not again." as we double-facepalm ourselves once more and watch with horror as the younger members of the gaming community take Old Man Jack's kneejerk press release as a pointless call to arms. Comment sections of the world implode with pedantic fact shouters and die-hard dick-comparing deviants. A part of me fears that the Sony Research Machine is already going through those comment sections with a virtual comb, gleening some kind of viable information out of this familiar debacle.

Where's Jack now? All that hate and nauseous poison has to escape sooner or later. Straight after the lobster dinner with the PR folks, he's on his knees and throwing up his guts in the usual restaurant cubicle. Jack crumples into a sullen heap as he hears the muffled cries of joy and celebration from the nearby table of faceless suits behind the facing cubicle wall. One last trickle of glistening mucus leaves his lips. The words "Never again" drowsily uttered from them.

He knows that'll never be the case.
    pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By pickassoreborn

It takes the CEO of a multi-national corporation to remind us all that the world of videogaming hasn't really grown up much, if at all. I'm curious to know if those electrical impluses which sparked up the catalyst of an idea to kick the beehive of "those other dudes" came from his own chemical reaction or one inspired by someone on a higher plane. Kaz? Did Kaz send him a text message so worn and used, he's got it saved as a template?

JACK!!11 TIME TO PISS OFF COMPETITION AND FANS OF THE COMPETITION. LOL. L8RS! KAZ.

I imagine Hirai-san sends his texts in caps like that. I also imagine that deep down in the recesses of Jack Tretton's brain, he would love to send a press release in ALL CAPS because he realises it would piss off even more people. Yep, that Jack Tretton. The same bloke who has repeatedly dissed the competition through carefully-worded brainfarts which magically transform into fully-formed, viable news stories. I would point you in the direction of these news stories of the past, but a quick Google search reveals that Jack's latest brainfart has had the desired effect; there will be no research of the past tonight.

It has happened in the past though. Multiple times. I know my 35 year old brain has been through a lot of shit, but I do remember the anger which a younger me experienced. Younger me was a lot more fanatical about allegiances to faceless corporations and inanimate objects. I used to be a die-hard Dreamcast fan. When you're fanatical about something, it's very easy to get upset when someone comes along and disses the thing you love the most. There's not a care for the radical art stylings of Jet Set Radio, the balls-out bravery of releasing Rez or the batshit-crazy Samba de Amigo with a maraca peripheral. Maracas! Actual maracas! Maracas of the future! There was the online which was waaay ahead of its time, one of the most expensive adventures involving a young man looking for sailors in a hyper-real area of Japan. How could I not be a fan of that? How could anyone?

Playstation 2 came along, Dreamcast floundered. I was embittered, so embittered. I learnt though.

The more wise of us know that console wars are a load of bullshit. They are just as futile as the news stories which breed out of them like nasty, cancerous, creeping turds. Analysts report that PS3 will overtake 360 in sales soon? Really? Who gives a hoot except the fanboys adding that to their cerebral scrapbook of fact-ammo? Not me, sir. Give me consoles which are successful. Any console, I don't give a hoot. As long as it keeps me in biscuits and booze I'm happy.

I really want to like Jack Tretton. He seems like a nice guy. He has a confident Sensodyne smile and a suit starched up to the balls with confidence. I'm sure if I shook his hand, I'd be hypnotised by his highly-polished hyperbole. Truth be known - Jack Tretton is the ultimate in fanboys. Not only that, he's a corporate fanboy too. A fanboy who means business if business means throwing mud at the competition. It doesn't get me mad in the way it did when I was myself a fanboy, more that it gets me mad as a fully-paid-up member of the games industry.

C'mon, Jack. What's with this?

"Our view of the Game Boy experience is that it's a great babysitting tool, something young kids do on airplanes, but no self-respecting twenty-something is going to be sitting on an airplane with one of those. He's too old for that."

I'm a self-respecting thirty-something and I have had some great experiences on the DS. That's a classic throwdown that any self-respecting fanboy throws out there - Nintendo is for kids. Far from it. Say what you like about the Wii, it's expanded the gaming audience like you wouldn't believe. Jack failed to mention that massive percentage of females who game on the DS too. Surely Jack knows that this is only good for the very industry he's a part of? Those "self-respecting twenty-somethings" probably have more than just their Nintendos to play with. Heck, they probably own something Sony-branded too.

Nintendo were creating gaming experiences with playing cards waaaaay before Masaru Ibuka - co-founder of Sony - was even born. I Wikipiedia'd him too. He looked like a decent bloke. He wouldn't diss the competition, Jack. Have some professionalism for once in your life, sir. Maybe some measured judgement? Maybe realise that the world's pretty fucked up right now and some solidarity wouldn't go amiss?

I don't think he cares though. Stuff like this only turns people against each other even more than usual. The more mature members of the gaming community (of which there are quite a few and thanks to the passage of time, continuing to grow) all sigh a collective "Oh, Jack. Not again." as we double-facepalm ourselves once more and watch with horror as the younger members of the gaming community take Old Man Jack's kneejerk press release as a pointless call to arms. Comment sections of the world implode with pedantic fact shouters and die-hard dick-comparing deviants. A part of me fears that the Sony Research Machine is already going through those comment sections with a virtual comb, gleening some kind of viable information out of this familiar debacle.

Where's Jack now? All that hate and nauseous poison has to escape sooner or later. Straight after the lobster dinner with the PR folks, he's on his knees and throwing up his guts in the usual restaurant cubicle. Jack crumples into a sullen heap as he hears the muffled cries of joy and celebration from the nearby table of faceless suits behind the facing cubicle wall. One last trickle of glistening mucus leaves his lips. The words "Never again" drowsily uttered from them.

He knows that'll never be the case.
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

I admire your ability to write a significant post about something that is not in away significant. Still though, lovely stuff.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

This blog is a delight to read.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By benjaebe

That last paragraph is haunting. I can't unread it.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By McGhee

I liked the part about biscuits and booze.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    Sounds like a statement attempting to bridge the collective opinions that society suspects already - that games are for kids. By recognising this I guess Sony are attempting to prove that they have distanced themselves from it. It's pretty smart marketing, though the general effect may be rather more detrimental than they had imagined. Aren't Sony also trying to sell a new PSP? The people likely to take these comments seriously aren't likely to be able to differentiate between one handheld and another. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

As for Jack Tretton himself, he doesn't seem particularly exciting or charismatic. He looks like a robot, trying to connect with "the young people". I thought that was why sony hired an actor to play Kevin Butler; Because the staff of Sony, unlike Nintendo, have about as much charisma as damp cardboard.

Fantastic blog, excellently written. Muchos Kudos!
    CrazedMaverick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CrazedMaverick

This is beautiful

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZeroCast

If there ever was an infinite Like button then I think you should get it :D.

That was a delight to read Mr.Steven, it's great to see people from the industry giving us their own thoughts on it here on GiantBomb.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Skald

Although I don't think Nintendo's wholesale dismissal of the so-called "garage developers" was a very swift move either.

The iPhone has a great business model. People would do well to learn from it.
    phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By phish09

That was a very roundabout way of simply saying "Adults can also enjoy the DS.  I am an adult and I enjoy mine.".  In fact, you can delete your post if you'd like and replace it with that sentence and probably a lot more people will read it.  Just sayin'. 

BTW, I do agree with you.  Not about any of the things about Tretton, but merely that the DS is a good handheld.  However he did just say the Gameboy (not the DS), and I honestly don't know anyone old or young that still plays their Gameboy.  I have mine, and the Tetris cart is still inside, but the batteries have been dead for over a decade I'm sure.  I'm sure plenty of self-respecting 20 something year olds can still play their Gameboy, but really if you can't afford at least a GBA at this point, maybe you don't have much self-respect, and maybe he is right in that sense.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Enigma777
    @pickassoreborn said:

"I'm a self-respecting thirty-something and I have had some great experiences on the DS. "

So you're an outlier. What does that prove again? 
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spoonman671

Companies are supposed to try to undermine their competition with talk like this.  Getting butthurt about it only serves to raise your own blood pressure.  Calling a CEO a fanboy is just silly.  If Microsoft offers him more money tomorrow, he'll be a MS fanboy.  That's his job.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel
    @Enigma777 said:
    " @pickassoreborn said:

"I'm a self-respecting thirty-something and I have had some great experiences on the DS. "

So you're an outlier. What does that prove again?  "
    It proves you don't know a thing if you consider that an outlier quality.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Enigma777
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Enigma777 said:
    " @pickassoreborn said:

It proves you don't know a thing if you consider that an outlier quality. "
    Some of us just don't like living in imagination land.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xyzygy

Man I totally know what you mean about when analysts say that such and one console is going to take over another. They get revised SO many times, it doesn't matter one bit. The last I heard was that because of the Kinect the 360 is supposed to stay ahead, and before that the PS3 was definitely going to take the lead. Actually no, the most recent thing I heard was that the 360 is supposed to catch up to the Wii in the Americas this year. 

Like WTF are these analysts on?

@phish09 said:

" That was a very roundabout way of simply saying "Adults can also enjoy the DS.  I am an adult and I enjoy mine.".  In fact, you can delete your post if you'd like and replace it with that sentence and probably a lot more people will read it.  Just sayin'.  

And novels are also very roundabout ways of saying "Man has dilemma, man overcomes dilemma, man has happy ending." Anything can be minimized to that, it's the journey that takes you to the end that matters.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HandsomeDead

The disconnect between people who play games and those who don't is startling. There is a society at large out there, you know, and that's what Sony wants to tap into.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Enigma777
    @xyzygy said:
    "@phish09 said: 

" That was a very roundabout way of simply saying "Adults can also enjoy the DS.  I am an adult and I enjoy mine.".  In fact, you can delete your post if you'd like and replace it with that sentence and probably a lot more people will read it.  Just sayin'.  

And novels are also very roundabout ways of saying "Man has dilemma, man overcomes dilemma, man has happy ending." Anything can be minimized to that, it's the journey that takes you to the end that matters.
    "
    Pretty sure you gotta pay extra for the happy ending....
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spoonman671
    @xyzygy:  Jack Tretton isn't an analyst.  His intentions are very obvious and that's why I find it so bizarre that people have taken his statement so seriously.
    phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By phish09
    @xyzygy said:

@phish09 said:

"

Very true man...but I'm just saying that I don't think that most people come to gaming forums to read a novel, and you usually get more insightful (or at least more in general) comments regarding your threads by being somewhat succinct.  At least that's how it tends to work on most parts of the internet.  I've kind of only started posting here, so I'm still learning the ropes. 
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xyzygy
    @Spoonman671 said:

" @xyzygy:  Jack Tretton isn't an analyst.  His intentions are very obvious and that's why I find it so bizarre that people have taken his statement so seriously. "

Oh I know who he is, in the blog though the creator mentions these analysts and their predictions.

@phish09: Oh ok no worries then :) On GB, when you see the words (Blog Post) beside a thread it usually means that there is gonna be a bit more reading than a normal thread. The user just decided to post his blog to the forums as well. I know what you mean about the short but sweet replies though, they work wonders :)
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I always assumed that the kind of person insecure enough to not want to play the DS "in public" for fear of looking immature somehow was also probably a nervous, self loathing shell anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@pickassoreborn said:
    "The more mature members of the gaming community (of which there are quite a few and thanks to the passage of time, continuing to grow) all sigh a collective "Oh, Jack. Not again." as we double-facepalm ourselves once more and watch with horror as the younger members of the gaming community take Old Man Jack's kneejerk press release as a pointless call to arms. Comment sections of the world implode with pedantic fact shouters and die-hard dick-comparing deviants. A part of me fears that the Sony Research Machine is already going through those comment sections with a virtual comb, gleening some kind of viable information out of this familiar debacle."
    Very nicely written, and totally on-point. 

Tretton acknowledged the inherent problem with gaming: childishness. Unfortunately, he tackled it from the wrong direction. It isn't the fact that any given console is more kid-friendly, it is that games themselves are seen as a childish past-time.

At this stage in the game, allegiance to a company who you have paid, seems not only absurd, but wholly unnecessary. Multi-platform gaming has almost rendered the idea of the console war moot, and remains a childish justification of an expensive purchase.

Why berate those who simply own a different box to your own? Celebrate games, and not only will the industry grow, but it will gain the respect from the public eye it so strives for.
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By august
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " The disconnect between people who play games and those who don't is startling. There is a society at large out there, you know, and that's what Sony wants to tap into. "
    They don't need customers. They are the industry leader!
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    " I always assumed that the kind of person insecure enough to not want to play the DS "in public" for fear of looking immature somehow was also probably a nervous, self loathing shell anyways. "
    I always assumed that the kind of person secure enough to want to play the DS "in public" not caring how immature he/she looks was also probably a kind of lonely and socially inept nerd anyways.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:
    " I always assumed that the kind of person insecure enough to not want to play the DS "in public" for fear of looking immature somehow was also probably a nervous, self loathing shell anyways. "
    I always assumed that the kind of person secure enough to want to play the DS "in public" not caring how immature he/she looks was also probably a kind of lonely and socially inept nerd anyways. "
    Luckily, it's much easier to function as something of a socially inept nerd than it is as someone who feels the need to hide innocuous hobbies out of shame.
    mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mnzy
    @Enigma777 said:

" @Hailinel said:

" @Enigma777 said:
    " @pickassoreborn said:

Some of us just don't like living in imagination land. "
    Your avatar is Hitler-Pikachu. Just sayin'.
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By audiosnag
    @phish09 said:

" @xyzygy said:

@phish09 said:

"
    Very true man...but I'm just saying that I don't think that most people come to gaming forums to read a novel, and you usually get more insightful (or at least more in general) comments regarding your threads by being somewhat succinct.  At least that's how it tends to work on most parts of the internet.  I've kind of only started posting here, so I'm still learning the ropes.  "
    Oh enough of that Jibba Jabba.
    It's an entertaining read, there's room on our interwebs for short and succinct as well as wordy and witty. We encourage both here at Giant Bomb. Unless you're discussing anime. Cause that's for jerks.

I know these sorta shenanigans are just bidness men being bidness men but it's a little annoying. Have faith in your product and shill shill shill without slagging the competition. It just makes you sound petty. Riccitiello talking about how Battlefield 3 is designed to take down CoD is a similar thing. I don't care about any of that garbage. Make a good game and I'll play it.
    And for the record I love me DS and I don't need NO babysitting thank you.
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By august
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:
    I always assumed that the kind of person secure enough to want to play the DS "in public" not caring how immature he/she looks was also probably a kind of lonely and socially inept nerd anyways. "
    As someone who sees all kinds of people playing DS machines on the train every day, that's a pretty fucking stupid thing to say.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Spoonman671
    @august said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:
    As someone who sees all kinds of people playing DS machines on the train every day, that's a pretty fucking stupid thing to say. "
    Did you just say "DS machines"?  Are you my grandpa?
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By august
    @Spoonman671: Yes. Listen to your mother.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By wrighteous86
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:
    Luckily, it's much easier to function as something of a socially inept nerd than it is as someone who feels the need to hide innocuous hobbies out of shame. "
    I was popular in high school/college and wasn't afraid to play games in public...

Then again, I probably wouldn't expect to pick up any women on my train ride to work if they see me playing my DS, either.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Enigma777
    @mnzy said:
    " @Enigma777 said:

" @Hailinel said:

" @Enigma777 said:
    " @pickassoreborn said:

Some of us just don't like living in imagination land. "
    Your avatar is Hitler-Pikachu. Just sayin'. "
    The world would be a better place if Hitlerchu was real!
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @pickassoreborn: Good stuff :)

I gotta cut him slack tho, people say dumb stuff when they're scared.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By august
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " @pickassoreborn: Good stuff :)

I gotta cut him slack tho, people say dumb stuff when they're scared.

"
    Nice.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#35  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Nice blog, it is really a shame that certain businessmen feel a need to take cheap and unnecessary shots at the competition on occasion. If someone thinks their company can produce a superior product to everyone else's, they should just prove it by making a product. Still, Tretton looks like a saint compared to the idiotic "console warriors", believing they're furthering some kind of great cause by shoving their religious-like devotion to specific console manufacturers in other peoples' faces and starting arguments with anyone who dares to have a different opinion to them. The only things I would say is that I believe the games industry has matured massively since its creation and that caring about industry analytics doesn't necessarily make you a fanboy. If the PS3 is overtaking the Xbox 360 in sales, I care, not because I'm some sort of overly aggressive techno-zealot, but because I'm interested in the games industry.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DonPixel
    @pickassoreborn:  Jack Trenton is doing the sales man dirty work, nothing to take to serious.. yet IMO I agree with him.. Im 30 years old and I try to keep off sterotypes but  it´s been long since I had any significant experience with a Nintendo product, I think their aim is pretty clear they don´t deny they made their products mostly for kids. If some adults manage to get some fun of them it´s ok high five I said Im no one to judge.

so for wath it´s worth Im with jack trenton on this.. I care not for babysitting
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LordAndrew
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:
    So what you're saying is that I should give into peer pressure to ensure that some jackass thinks I'm cool? No thank you, I'd rather he think I'm immature than let him boss me around.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @LordAndrew said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:
    So what you're saying is that I should give into peer pressure to ensure that some jackass thinks I'm cool? No thank you, I'd rather he think I'm immature than let him boss me around. "
    I suppose I've backed myself into a corner here by countering one wild generalization with another.
    pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pickassoreborn
    @Enigma777:  I've learnt a new word. Thank you, sir or madam.
    pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pickassoreborn
    @EuanDewar:  Cheers. I think if anything it's a way to vent, get shit off my chest.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LordAndrew
    @Spoonman671 said:
    " @august said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:
    As someone who sees all kinds of people playing DS machines on the train every day, that's a pretty fucking stupid thing to say. "
    Did you just say "DS machines"?  Are you my grandpa? "
    It plays Nintendo tapes.
    pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By pickassoreborn
    @EuanDewar:  Thank you. Venting is perfectly legitimate - the internet being the perfect place for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.