Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jade Empire

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 12, 2005

An action adventure RPG by developer BioWare which transports the player into a mystical and oriental setting based on ancient China where they must confront all sorts of dangers and find their destiny within the Jade Empire.

A tribute to JADE EMPIRE from me (and Hans Zimmer!) [SPOILERS]

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Edited By armaan8014

GAME SPOILERS AHEAD. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETED THE GAME

So I finally completed this gem of a game by the beautiful company, Bioware. Man, what a journey. What a beautiful, just super beautiful setting. I love China :D
    Loved the game, and I hope the developers are still thinking of a sequel, would love that.

Anyways, the game also reminded me of a beautiful movie, THE LAST SAMURAI, and I thought I'd cover the whole story of the game, and the events, and make a tribute for the game, with various OSTs from the movie. Man it fits beautifully! Enjoy!

Oh and Monk Zeng rules

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By armaan8014

GAME SPOILERS AHEAD. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETED THE GAME

So I finally completed this gem of a game by the beautiful company, Bioware. Man, what a journey. What a beautiful, just super beautiful setting. I love China :D
    Loved the game, and I hope the developers are still thinking of a sequel, would love that.

Anyways, the game also reminded me of a beautiful movie, THE LAST SAMURAI, and I thought I'd cover the whole story of the game, and the events, and make a tribute for the game, with various OSTs from the movie. Man it fits beautifully! Enjoy!

Oh and Monk Zeng rules

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

werent you asking "what game should i play next" just a month ago and Jade Empire was one of them? 
     if thats true, i like how you're making a fucking tribute for it so quick.. must be real good. 

i quit on my first playthrough cuz the combat fucked me. but after getting into Bioware games recently, i think im going for a second playthrough soon 

thanks for the encouragement! i needed this push 

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By armaan8014
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Yeah I remember that. Actually I'd said that I am currently playing Jade Empire, but which other game should I play along with it. But I pretty much got totally engrossed with JE again (awesome story!) and finished it. Seriously, play it if you like good stories. As for the combat, it was fun! You'll discover many more styles later on, which will make it easier.
    And do you have a GB full of High five pics? I gotta google something now
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

Pretty sweet video! The music really blends in well with the flow of the events. 

What was your reaction to the final twist, when the true enemy is revealed, and you end up in spirit world?

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By armaan8014
    @Jeust: Thanks :) Well, I kind of felt that Master Li was not what he seemed, I think I had somehow gotten a hint from someone who'd completed the game. Still, it wasn't spoilt, and I felt quite shaken when I saw him punch the main character in the stomach. Everything he believed in, everything he thought he knew was a lie. What a story man!
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jeust
    @armaan8014 said:
    " @Jeust: Thanks :) Well, I kind of felt that Master Li was not what he seemed, I think I had somehow gotten a hint from someone who'd completed the game. Still, it wasn't spoilt, and I felt quite shaken when I saw him punch the main character in the stomach. Everything he believed in, everything he thought he knew was a lie. What a story man! "
    And ending up in the spirit world and in an immortal battle between ghosts of spirit monks and chinese. Awesome!  

I may have been the one that gave you the hint... ooops
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By armaan8014
    @Jeust: No not at all, it was my cousin bro. I think he had said "Jade empire has a similar story" in reference to another game where a good guy goes bad :)
    Oh man, I'm in love with old China. I've been looking for similar games and have only landed on lots of crap!
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeust
    @armaan8014 said:
    " @Jeust: No not at all, it was my cousin bro. I think he had said "Jade empire has a similar story" in reference to another game where a good guy goes bad :) Oh man, I'm in love with old China. I've been looking for similar games and have only landed on lots of crap! "
    hummmm There isn't any game like Jade Empire in terms of background unfortunately. 
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By armaan8014
    @Jeust: I know :( and I hate JRPG's combat, so that narrows it down further. Oh well, all we can do is sit and pray for Jade Empire 2!
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jeust
    @armaan8014 said:
    " @Jeust: I know :( and I hate JRPG's combat, so that narrows it down further. Oh well, all we can do is sit and pray for Jade Empire 2! "
    Yeah, and you can play Jade Empire following the close fist. :p
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

Man I loved this game. I remember how excited I was for the followup to KOTOR, and how completely out of my expectations this game was. Took my by surprise, combat was great too, changing kung-fu styles on the fly was the coolest shit ever. 

Bogitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Bogitt

Wow that was really good, well done sir!

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By armaan8014
    @Jeust: he he, no i'd rather not :D
    @XII_Sniper:
    I know, I loved the combat too. Though it got a little easy at times, it never stopped feeling awesome!
    @Bogitt:
    Thanks!
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By armaan8014

ah the topic has been moved. Now it will never be seen  :\

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jeust
    @armaan8014 said:
    " @Jeust: he he, no i'd rather not :D
    @XII_Sniper:
    I know, I loved the combat too. Though it got a little easy at times, it never stopped feeling awesome!
    @Bogitt: Thanks! "
    Open palm pussie! :p 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.