Well hell...i guess that's game over.

#1 Posted by Sin4profit (2924 posts) -

So within my 61st hour of playing Jagged Alliance BIA I had reach the Palace, the end game as i made my push through with two squads of salty mercenaries...and then the power went out. So upon reloading the game i find that all my saves have disappeared. The files are still in the folder but the game refuses to recognize them...so that's it, 61 hours and in the final level i don't get to finish...

...just like prom night. [ba-dum tsss]

Anyway, As for my opinion on the game, i liked it for the most part, it has it's fair share of jank and when that jank is responsible for getting you killed in a frustrating situation it's infuriating. It also has some terrible design choices as far as how items are traded between your mercenaries but overall i think it plays well and there were a few points were i felt like i was strategizing rather then just overpowering my way through, which is a lot of what the final hours of the game feel like.

So that's all i get for 61 hours, now i'll just watch the WMV files for the outro and pretend like i finished.

...just like prom night.

#2 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

I'm kind of curious, could you upload those save files?

#3 Posted by yinstarrunner (1185 posts) -

I'm sorry dude. While you were sitting there losing every modicum of forward progress, I was busy raiding that bitch with my finely-tuned team of mercenary badasses.

... just like prom night.

#4 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

@Sin4profit: Have you played the original JA2? If you didn't, you should! It's incredible and much better than this mediocre remake.

#5 Posted by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

You guys went to prom?

#6 Posted by Sin4profit (2924 posts) -

@CptBedlam: I restarted JA2 three times until i got a feel for it's many parts and, when i felt i was ready to really play it by the third do-over, the priest i was suppose to talk to in the beginning of the game wasn't there so that knocked the wind out of my sails and i never went back. It's one i may go back to eventually, though.

#7 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6155 posts) -

I heart this thread. Seriously, you're all aces.

And while you guys were at prom, I was busy giving it to the Spanish teacher. I have no idea what that translates to in Jagged Alliance, but by God, I want in on this prom talk.

Wait! I got it! I played the game while eating a burrito!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.