Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

The dynamic duo returns to resolve an Eco shortage in this High Impact-developed sequel to Naughty Dog's popular platformer franchise.

I hope there's some kind of connectivity with the PSP and PS2

Crypto136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Crypto136

What do u think? like maybe unlockables or i can take the game on the road then transfer my save to the ps2 and pick up where i left off

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By shadows_kill

i dont think the ps2 has the capability or does it? i know the psp with the ps3 could do that.

Crypto136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crypto136
    shadows_kill said:
    "i dont think the ps2 has the capability or does it? i know the psp with the ps3 could do that. "

yea i was thinkin the same thing but i still think it would really help sales if they could somehow do that ya kno?
    N3onThr33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By N3onThr33

Um, the GC had connectivity, so I'm guessing the PS2 has it. I think if the software allows it will happen.

Crypto136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crypto136
    N3onThr33 said:
    "Um, the GC had connectivity, so I'm guessing the PS2 has it. I think if the software allows it will happen."

Well thats another thing i thought about. It would obviously have to be the software that allowed it to happen but im jus curious to see if they think of this or see a demand for it and put it in the game
    CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Daxter and Jak X had connectivity so it's possible.

But this would suggest that you'd have to buy both the PSP and PS2 versions of the same game, which most consumers, including myself, wouldn't dream of doing.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb
    N3onThr33 said:
    "Um, the GC had connectivity, so I'm guessing the PS2 has it. I think if the software allows it will happen."

They're different platforms. Just because they are of the same console generation doesn't mean that they have the same capabilities and features.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By iamjohn
    shadows_kill said:
    "i dont think the ps2 has the capability or does it?"
    It sure does.  Outrun 2006: Coast To Coast let you sync up your save files in the PS2 and PSP versions so you could have your progress in Outrun wherever.  Thing is, it made perfect sense for that game; I'm not so sure how much sense it makes for a game like Jak and Daxter.
    Dewmocracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Dewmocracy
    BiggerBomb said:
    "N3onThr33 said:
    They're different platforms. Just because they are of the same console generation doesn't mean that they have the same capabilities and features."
    The PSP had connectivity with Metal Gear Solid 3 Substanince, so yes, the PS2 does connect with the PSP. Anythings possible.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iamjohn
    Dewmocracy said:
    "]The PSP had connectivity with Metal Gear Solid 3 Substanince, so yes, the PS2 does connect with the PSP. Anythings possible."
    Did it?  What did it do?
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By toowalrus
    iAmJohn said:
    "Dewmocracy said:
    "]The PSP had connectivity with Metal Gear Solid 3 Substanince, so yes, the PS2 does connect with the PSP. Anythings possible."
    Did it?  What did it do?
    "
    lol dude, I don't know, I don't have a PSP, but I'm looking at the back of the box here right now and it says:

"Game connectivity with Metal Gear Acid 2 on the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system."
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Dewmocracy said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "N3onThr33 said:
    They're different platforms. Just because they are of the same console generation doesn't mean that they have the same capabilities and features."
    The PSP had connectivity with Metal Gear Solid 3 Substanince, so yes, the PS2 does connect with the PSP. Anythings possible."

Fair enough. I was just saying that you can't use the logic of "the Gamecube had it, so the PS2 should be able to as well."
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iamjohn
    TooWalrus said:
    "iAmJohn said:
    "Dewmocracy said:
    Did it?  What did it do?
    "
    lol dude, I don't know, I don't have a PSP, but I'm looking at the back of the box here right now and it says: "Game connectivity with Metal Gear Acid 2 on the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system.""
    Oh hey, I own both of those games!  Time to do an experiment in super magical connectivity fun!  FOR SCIENCE!!
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince

Daxter on PSP could connect to Jak X on PS2 so it's possible.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By toowalrus
    iAmJohn said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    "iAmJohn said:
    "Dewmocracy said:
    Did it?  What did it do?
    "
    lol dude, I don't know, I don't have a PSP, but I'm looking at the back of the box here right now and it says: "Game connectivity with Metal Gear Acid 2 on the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system.""
    Oh hey, I own both of those games!  Time to do an experiment in super magical connectivity fun!  FOR SCIENCE!!
    "
    Ooh, let us know, I'm thinking about getting a PSP. I own all of the metal gear games except Portable Ops (and of coarse MGS4). Let me know what it does.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iamjohn
    TooWalrus said:
    "Ooh, let us know, I'm thinking about getting a PSP. I own all of the metal gear games except Portable Ops (and of coarse MGS4). Let me know what it does."
    Portable Ops is one of, if not the best handheld game I have ever played.  I'm just saying.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iamjohn
    Also mystery solved:

Wikipedia
     said:
    "Acid 2 is capable of communicating with Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence for the PlayStation 2. By connecting a PS2 to a PSP, it is possible to take photos in Subsistence and transfer them to a PSP for viewing in 3D with the Solid Eye. The manual that is included with the American version of the game is significantly thinned down, and as such, does not contain a specific guide on how to utilize this feature. Instructions can be found in the downloadable manual.
    The manuals included in the European and Australian releases have been amended to include theSubsistence connectivity information."

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By toowalrus
    iAmJohn said:
    "
    Also mystery solved:

Wikipedia
     said:
    "Acid 2 is capable of communicating with Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence for the PlayStation 2. By connecting a PS2 to a PSP, it is possible to take photos in Subsistence and transfer them to a PSP for viewing in 3D with the Solid Eye. The manual that is included with the American version of the game is significantly thinned down, and as such, does not contain a specific guide on how to utilize this feature. Instructions can be found in the downloadable manual.
    The manuals included in the European and Australian releases have been amended to include theSubsistence connectivity information."
    "
    Ha, that's cool... I guess. Wasn't acid like, a puzzle game or something?
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iamjohn

It's a card game, but one in which you play cards to play Metal Gear Solid.  It's weird.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sfighter21

Jak and Dax forever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.