Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jaleco Ltd.

Company »

A Japanese publisher and developer. Its North American division went out of business sometime around 2008.

Jaleco succumbs to the bad economy.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dalai

We've been seeing a number of developers and publishers either fading into obscurity or struggling to survive in this economy so when I saw that Jaleco was the next casualty, I was shocked... shocked that Jaleco was still a company.  Jaleco is probably best known for the Bases Loaded series and the NES version of Maniac Mansion.  I never really thought of Jaleco in the same vein as Nintendo, Sega, or even Hudson, but they did make some decent games for the NES back in the day.

Jaleco's history in the past 15 or so years has been pretty nonexistent and has become somewhat of a relic, but it's never good to see any game company simply fade away.

City Connection.
    City Connection.
    Ooh, like the image thingy... sweet.  Oh yeah, avatar change... now with less body and more head.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By Dalai

We've been seeing a number of developers and publishers either fading into obscurity or struggling to survive in this economy so when I saw that Jaleco was the next casualty, I was shocked... shocked that Jaleco was still a company.  Jaleco is probably best known for the Bases Loaded series and the NES version of Maniac Mansion.  I never really thought of Jaleco in the same vein as Nintendo, Sega, or even Hudson, but they did make some decent games for the NES back in the day.

Jaleco's history in the past 15 or so years has been pretty nonexistent and has become somewhat of a relic, but it's never good to see any game company simply fade away.

City Connection.
    City Connection.
    Ooh, like the image thingy... sweet.  Oh yeah, avatar change... now with less body and more head.
    PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PercyChuggs

No, Jaleco succumbed to being Jaleco. What was the last game they even put out?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

Jaleco? When was the last time Jaleco released anything?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

Jaleco... somebody made some money. Rest in peace and let your relics rise and make monies again.

I'll miss your ass... Dalai.

Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Superchris129

Noooo! Not Jaleco! Oh GOD NO! Damn you recession! Damn you to HELL!

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By End_Boss

And gamers the world over felt a chill creep up their spine. In unison they cried:

"NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.