Just played this game in 3D, and I have to say, WOW!

#1 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

The gameplay is still...blah.  

but woah the 3D is kick ass and makes the graphics POP! 
I can't wait to start playing FPS games like this.  

check out these "cross-eyed"   (MEANING YOU  NEED TO CROSS YOUR EYES WHEN YOU LOOK AT THESE PHOTOS SO YOUR BRAIN MERGES THEM TOGETHER INTO ONE IMAGE!!!! YOU DON'T NEED GLASSES FOR THIS SHEESH) photos i dug up to give you a taste of the quality of depth in the game. its on par with the quality of 3D in the film or maybe even better. 

seriously, its definitely fun and makes it all feel more life-like. i don't know why, but i think the 3D is just the touch it needs to trick your mind into believing it more. put this in a game with killer graphics and it would look insane. the only thing annoying here was the reticule. it should change its depth based on where you are focusing because it always looks out of focus. 
#2 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Its a real shame the game isn't any fun to play. Having just seen the movie I was trying to figure out how they could fail such an adaption.

#3 Posted by icedturtle (20 posts) -

dude the pictures look the same
#4 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Don't have 3d glasses.

#5 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@icedturtle said:
" dude the pictures look the same "
indeed, Im detection a troll.
#6 Edited by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: I think you're supposed to use 3d glasses to merge the two identical images into 3d.
#7 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@icedturtle said:
lol do you know how to do the crossed eyed thing? 
because the 3d effect works great when you do it.  
try these out: 
  BBpont_crossed.jpg
#8 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @icedturtle said:
indeed, Im detection a troll. "
Wow, you're both retarded. Look at the retical in picture 1, and the recital in picture 2.

Fucking dumbass kids these days I swear.
#9 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@Relys: My bad I didn't bring my CSI kit to this forum. Oh look the OP just eidited the first post with better instructions.

Go fuck yourself.
#10 Posted by Driadon (2995 posts) -

Hmmm, I recently found out that my TV has a 120Hz rate...I assume this game requires glasses of some kind for the effect?

#11 Posted by icedturtle (20 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
" @icedturtle said:
lol do you know how to do the crossed eyed thing? 
because the 3d effect works great when you do it.  
try these out: 
  BBpont_crossed.jpg "
wow that just gives me one big headache. not for me
#12 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Not gonna cross my eyes by the way.

#13 Posted by JeevesPleez (332 posts) -
@icedturtle:
@Green_Incarnate: 
@Jeffsekai:
You don't need 3D glasses to see those pictures in 3D. Just get closer to the screen, look at the area between a set of two pictures and cross your eyes (hence "cross-eyed" photos). Like a hidden-image stereogram. It kind of hurts, but it works.

I'm sure that by the time I get around to getting a TV that can do 3D, this game will be cheap.
#14 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@JeevesPleez said:

Ah so that's how you get it to work. Thanks man.
#15 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

You say the stereograms look like the game does with shutter glasses? Does the game lack depth after the first few feet as well, i.e. everything more than 10 feet away from the character is flat?

#16 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Relys: My bad I didn't bring my CSI kit to this forum. Oh look the OP just eidited the first post with better instructions.  Go fuck yourself. "
There's no need to bring a CSI kit in if you have an adequate amount of brain cells and a little bit of common sense.
#17 Edited by JeevesPleez (332 posts) -
@Meowayne: I don't know for sure, but i would guess so. It would seem kind of hard to have an adequate amount of left and right picture difference at that distance with a viewing angle of 1080p. It's probably not noticeable in motion though.
#18 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@Relys: So again, you expect me to devote more than a few seconds to look at a screen shot. Thats dumb if the OP had better instrctions when i first saw this thread then sure go a head and be an internet big shot. But he didn't and the pictures are identical unless you actually look hard at them.
#19 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Relys: So again, you expect me to devote more than a few seconds to look at a screen shot. Thats dumb if the OP had better instrctions when i first saw this thread then sure go a head and be an internet big shot. But he didn't and the pictures are identical unless you actually look hard at them. "
Yes, I expect you to devote more than a few seconds to contemplate what information was provided by the OP. We have a term for posting in which does not involve any processing of information, it's called "shitposting". "Shitposting"  is sadly an increasing trend amongst internet new comers to the internet and is the basis for the pop phenomenon known as twitter.
#20 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Aaron Thomas said basically the same thing regarding the quality of the Avatar game in 3D. I trust Aaron Thomas, it's probably awesome.

#21 Edited by lolwot (254 posts) -

I will let you know how it looks around 3 or 4 years from now when I can afford a 3DTV.

#22 Posted by Jazz (2140 posts) -

It's like the god awful script is humping my retina. 
Wow 3d, you've really won me over now.

#23 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

How does crossing your eyes work? When I do it, I can't see anything, no matter how slightly I cross my eyes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.