This Is Avatar

• 51 results
Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

Not much to this one. Here are three screens that were recently released for James Cameron's new game Avatar. Remember, this game supposedly will feature "Stereo 3D" according to Ubisoft.

#1 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

Not much to this one. Here are three screens that were recently released for James Cameron's new game Avatar. Remember, this game supposedly will feature "Stereo 3D" according to Ubisoft.

#2 Posted by TheGodOfHell (29 posts) -

Pretty... But not worth 15 minutes of rambling.

#3 Posted by FriggingWeirdo (9 posts) -

Meh

#4 Posted by TheHT (11300 posts) -

pretty nice screens, can't complain.

#5 Posted by tr1b3ta (19 posts) -

this is the first thing I've see that shows what the movie is supposed to look like

#6 Posted by Axdemon (66 posts) -

Halo meets Jurassic Park

#7 Posted by MiLeSu (70 posts) -
@Axdemon said:
" Halo meets Jurassic Park "
/signed
#8 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

Shots look alright but I'm not sure I want to play it.

#9 Posted by MjHealy (1853 posts) -

This was worth twenty minutes of boring talk.

#10 Posted by PercyChuggs (1087 posts) -

Halo meets Lost Planet 2.

#11 Posted by doctorkaneder (70 posts) -

Throughout his entire moment on stage, I swear to god, I thought he was talking about the cartoon. 

#12 Edited by Trnck (448 posts) -

Where's our air bender?

Edit: To eliminate confusion I hereby adding the "lol" to the end of my comment. Thanks for your attention.

#13 Posted by Rhyno (69 posts) -
@Trnck said:
" Where's our air bender? "
Word. If I'm not bending some elemental ish I'm not a Avatar.
#14 Posted by DCFGS3 (1054 posts) -

Looks a little Crysisish, specially the first one.

#15 Posted by Mourer (143 posts) -

At least I'm not the only one who thought this was based on the cartoon for the longest time until now.

#16 Posted by Hairydutchman (1039 posts) -

A picture is worth a thousand words.

#17 Posted by Insectecutor (1186 posts) -

"Stereoscopic 3D" eh? So you're rendering two scenes per frame and it's going to run fast and look great? I need more info and a demo before I can even begin to evaluate this.

#18 Posted by Death_Burnout (3797 posts) -

Not the last Air Bender? weak...

Serisouly though, thats all i think about when you mention Avatar...that and the 360 avatars

#19 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

cool?

#20 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I don't want to be the jerk or the person to say it but....im gonna.

This movie is going to be awesome, even if you were not following it then you should because everything said, promised and shown(which is very little) makes this the movie of December. I know I have nothing to back this up with but if others were even slightly following this movie, then they know what I am talking about.

#21 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I don't want to be the jerk or the person to say it but....im gonna.

This movie is going to be awesome, even if you were not following it then you should because everything said, promised and shown(which is very little) makes this the movie of December. I know I have nothing to back this up with but if others were even slightly following this movie, then they know what I am talking about.

#22 Posted by Alex_V (615 posts) -

I think the gaming media are missing the point on this game - this seems like a really significant release this year. Ubisoft have gone right out of their way to distinguish this from the usual movie tie-in, and seems to have been directly created in tandem with the most expensive movie of all time. I get the feeling that come Christmas nobody will be talking about much else but Avatar.

#23 Posted by Curufinwe (1265 posts) -

Why didn't they have these up while Cameron was talking for 20 minutes?

#24 Posted by Puppy (295 posts) -

Halo meets Jurassic Park.

#25 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

Looks interesting...

#26 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11760 posts) -

Ohhh.... So that's what James Cameron was rambling about for 20 minutes at the Ubisoft Press Conference. Reminds me of Halo, for some reason.

#27 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

I feel sorry for anyone and everyone who sat through the talk about avatar in ubisofts conference

#28 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

pretty odd Cameron allowed this screen shots out, the movie has been so secretive. 

Hmm...I dunno guys, give it a chance, looks kinda cool. From a game perspective, sure it looks like Turok meets Halo. But from a movie perspective, dude this shit is going to fucking rock! I can't wait to see this movie now. 

#29 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

James Cameron makes a movie once every decade. This movie better deliver.

#30 Posted by F1 (346 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
" pretty odd Cameron allowed this screen shots out, the movie has been so secretive. 

Hmm...I dunno guys, give it a chance, looks kinda cool. From a game perspective, sure it looks like Turok meets Halo. But from a movie perspective, dude this shit is going to fucking rock! I can't wait to see this movie now. 

"
Amen brotha! The whole time I thought this "Avatar" was based on a kids show. Thankfully, I was wrong. Now I'm crazy stoked for this shit! I'm confident the game and the movie will both be great! And Sam Worthington is the lead! He was my favorite actor from Terminator Salvation.
#31 Posted by JackiJinx (3090 posts) -

^_^

#32 Posted by MichaelBach (884 posts) -

What is stereo 3D antways?

#33 Posted by broqz (115 posts) -

i really hope they did get this "stereo 3d" thing working well for home consoles.  if they could make a game that had the feel of Beowulf (in imax 3d) but without some of the tech glitches that would be great. 
i wonder if theyy will make the game playable not in 3d too.  there are people out there who cannot see stereopic 3d because their eyes can't focus like that.  kinda like some people are color blind.

oh yeah.  i hope the movie is neat too.  looking forward to see if james cameron can set the bar for special effects in movie's again.  i still hold current movies upto terminator 2 in tnhat department. 

#34 Posted by freezerr (218 posts) -

So this game comes with a pair of 3D Glasses?

SOLD

#35 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3966 posts) -

Is this a game or a movie?  If it's a movie-based game then we already know it's gonna suck.  What they ought to do is finish or nearly complete the videogame before finishing the movie. That way you get a highly polished video game experience to go with your movie.  When will Hollywood learn?

#36 Posted by NuclearWinter (766 posts) -

James Cameron's speech has assured that I have no interest in ever seeing or reading anything about this game, ever again.

#37 Posted by Deusoma (3011 posts) -

Stereo 3D is without exception the most "buzzwordy" feature I've ever heard of. It's beyond being a gimmick, it's gibberish.

#38 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

What's the big deal of this movie/game?

#39 Edited by dagas (2837 posts) -

Stereoscopy is just another word for 3D and was first invented in 1840. Talk about using an old term to try to make it sound new.

#40 Edited by WholeFunShow (360 posts) -

A picture's worth a thousand words. Take note Cameron.

Edit: fastposted :(
#41 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Hmmm....this has been in the works for a long, long time now.

#42 Posted by ocdog45 (675 posts) -

get a boat that sinks and i'm down!

#43 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

Those pics have me excited!

#44 Posted by JJOR64 (18996 posts) -

Looks like Halo in the jungle to me.

#45 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

New Screens 

#46 Edited by Vecta (167 posts) -

There is also a new trailer for the movie that came out a few weeks ago in case any one  missed it.

#47 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
#48 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
 New MP Trailer 

#49 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Another New Video:

#50 Posted by Sarnecki (693 posts) -

This game is out today.  Does anybody care?  Does this bode well for the movie at all?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.