Wait, this isn't the cartoon Avatar?

#1 Posted by natetodamax (19190 posts) -

When James Cameron was blabbing about his Avatar game during E3, I didn't pay any attention because I thought he was talking about the lame Nickelodeon thing. Apparently, this isn't the cartoon o_O

#2 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

Oh no no, not at all. Its a movie he has been working on for a long time. I know that because i had the bad idea to listen to what he was saying...

#3 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -

Never heard about this before. Kinda wish it really was based on the tv series. If they did the stuff he talked about then with the Nickelodeon stuff, that would be pretty good.

#4 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -

Didn't they already make two Avatar cartoon games?

Oh, wow. Three BoG avatars in a row.

#5 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -

B-B-B-B-BoG BREAKER!

#6 Posted by Alias01 (80 posts) -

Speaking of Avatar... You two have the same avatar.

>.>

#7 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2502 posts) -

What the fuck does everybody have the same icon for?

#8 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -
@Emandudeguyperson said:
" What the fuck does everybody have the same icon for? "
BoG left so we are honoring him by using his icon.
#9 Posted by PercyChuggs (1087 posts) -

4 straight posts by guys with the Snatcher user icon? Come on people, mix it up a bit.

#10 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -
@Fr0Br0 said:
" B-B-B-B-BoG BREAKER! "
It's so much better than a C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker.
#11 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Yeah, I thought he was talking about the cartoon, too, until yesterday.

#12 Posted by Sarnecki (693 posts) -

Google James Camerons Avatar.  You might still be able to find the treatment online.  It's an amazing, massive story, like Aliens meets The New World.

#13 Posted by natetodamax (19190 posts) -

Hm, I might actually look into this now...

#14 Posted by Sarnecki (693 posts) -

If you're a big fan of hard science fiction, which is to say kind of adventure to another planet kind of stuff, hit me up and I'll email you my copy of the treatment.  It's utterly gripping stuff once you get into it.  Fans of Aliens are going to blow their loads with this film and game, because it takes it to a whole other level.

#15 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" When James Cameron was blabbing about his Avatar game during E3, I didn't pay any attention because I thought he was talking about the lame Nickelodeon thing. Apparently, this isn't the cartoon o_O "
You should put the BoG face over the little sister in your avatar.
#16 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

yeah, it took me like 15 minutes during the Ubisoft conference to realize that he wasn't talking about the cartoon.  God, that was an awful conference.

#17 Posted by jakob187 (21663 posts) -

I'm thoroughly excited for both the movie and the game.  James Cameron has been working on the movie for close to 5 years now, and he's had the story idea since back when he made Aliens.  While I agree that the Ubisoft conference was horrible, all of us sci-fi geeks that have been waiting for some details about the movie (everything has been extremely hush-hush and secretive...which is incredible in this day and age) finally got to hear the shit we wanted to hear.

Word has it the trailer is premiering with Transformers 2.  I really hope so, as I'm ready to SEE this shit!!!

#18 Posted by Sarnecki (693 posts) -

Avatar is going to be MUCH more interesting than the cartoon.

#19 Posted by StarFoxA (5145 posts) -

Whoa, seriously? I was ignoring it because I was under the impression that it was about the TV show.

#20 Posted by m1k3 (1326 posts) -

Kinda sucks for the movie and the game that everytime i hear the name Avatar i directly think of the super lame anime knockoff

#21 Posted by Sarnecki (693 posts) -

Jako, like I mentioned earlier I could send you the script if you'd like.  It's a mammoth, including pages and pages of details about Pandora, how the planet works, bio luminescence, Pandora's incredible and varied species of plants and animals.  Viper Wolves are super cool.  They're essentially little black skinned creatures with triceratops neck guard fans, and instead of paws they have human like hands with thumbs, so they can climb trees and what not.  I'm submitting tons of this stuff for the Avatar game page to hopefully get people excited for what they're going to see.

#22 Edited by jakob187 (21663 posts) -
@Sarnecki: Well, there was a script leak for a long time, but apparently, he revamped it and melded it with that Project 880 or whatever (according to the Wiki...I didn't even know about a Project 880...but it made me realize that I haven't listened to Project 86 in a long time).  I'm waiting for the movie.  I don't want that many details.  I want to be fully introduced to the world in the theatre.  = D

My one curiosity just when the REAL trailer is going to come out, not that damn teaser...
#23 Posted by Ket87 (441 posts) -

I'm excited for the movie and the game sounds like Ubisoft put alot of heart to it, plus they've had like 3x the dev period other movie tie-in games get. I watched Camerons entire speech during E3 waiting for a movie trailer or game trailer and was pissed when he went ok bye have a good E3. I was like you MOTHER FUCKER nooooo!

#24 Posted by Sarnecki (693 posts) -

Everything I've seen or heard from Cameron is exactly the same except for the first name of the main character, so I'm going to assume from this point that the scriptment is very accurate.

#25 Posted by natetodamax (19190 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
"
@natetodamax said:
" When James Cameron was blabbing about his Avatar game during E3, I didn't pay any attention because I thought he was talking about the lame Nickelodeon thing. Apparently, this isn't the cartoon o_O "
You should put the BoG face over the little sister in your avatar.
"
I don't know how to do that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.