This game is awesome, but...

#1 Posted by Vrikk (882 posts) -

...why is it in the "Popular Games' Forum"?

Man, the 90s were an odd time for platformers.

#2 Posted by BeachThunder (11634 posts) -

It's part of a quest; also, Jazz Jackrabbit was great =D

#3 Posted by Tebbit (4447 posts) -

Man... Jazz Jackrabbit had such awesome music.

#4 Posted by Tennmuerti (7956 posts) -

I had the hots for the chick rabit back in the day.

Don't judge.

#5 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1593 posts) -

I only ever played jazz jackrabbit 2, it was fun

#6 Posted by haggis (1677 posts) -

Wow, I haven't thought of Jazz Jackrabbit in years. Completely forgot about it. It was an odd time in PC gaming. Lots of stuff shuffled around as shareware demos, etc. Lots of odd platformers here and there. Memories.

#7 Posted by BeachThunder (11634 posts) -
@Tebbit said:

Man... Jazz Jackrabbit had such awesome music.

I see your Medivo and raise you a Tubelectric:
#8 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

Yeah, as stated It's cause it's part of the current community quest

#9 Posted by nemt (863 posts) -

I imagine it has something to do with Gears of War 3.

Anyway, I played the shareware Jazz Jackrabbit a lot as a kid, but I was never that crazy about it. I think the Apogee platformers of the era (Duke Nukem, BioMenace) were a bit better.

#10 Edited by CornBREDX (4739 posts) -

Ya this game was pretty great. I think you can still buy it from Epic on some store hidden somewhere. They had Dare 2 Dream on there too.

Wish my floppies for these still worked.

Edit: I found the site, but I dont recommend going there. They way over charge for them. Which is ridiculous as its the only LEGIT site to get them from. And they dont even offer them as downloads, you have to print the form and mail it in.

#11 Posted by TobbRobb (4549 posts) -

JJR2 shareware took up a lot of my time... I'ts fucking awesome. JJfly twice ^^

#12 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

That turtle totally looks like Bentley from Sly Cooper.

#13 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

Wow I had completely forgotten about jazz jackrabbit. Talk about a blast from the past.

#14 Posted by JCTango (1358 posts) -

I loved playing this game back in the day! I only had the shareware versions, but it was still pretty sweet. I even remember playing a few online two player games also.

#15 Posted by TearsInRain (269 posts) -

Oh the memories of this game downloaded on my grandparents 1998 desktop computer. It finally died in 2004. I played the hell out of this game at their house along with a space shooter called Tyrian.

#16 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

Because it's Jazz Jack-motherfucking-rabbit, that's why.

#17 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

i was fucking addicted to this shit when i was a kid <3

#18 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -

I came to this thread indeed because it was on the Popular Games board. And yeah, the game's great.

#19 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Thanks for reminding me dude! I'm gonna go and get all the Jazz Jackrabbit and Commander Keen games now!!!

#20 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3759 posts) -

Maaaan that game was rad. Cmon Cliffy, re-release it please.

#21 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

I demand an XBLA / PSN re-release of this! Played so much of it when i was younger.

#22 Posted by Ghostin (369 posts) -

This is one of those games i'm scared to re-install incase it doesn't hold up.  Good childhood memories of this game.
#23 Posted by Metalhead79 (55 posts) -

I remember loaning my copy of Jazz to a friend. When he returned it, he told my mom that it was a 'bad' game, which got me in a lot of trouble until I explained to my mom that 'bad' meant 'good'. Wow, that was a long time ago. What was it, 1994? 1995?

#24 Posted by gamb1t (964 posts) -

takes me back to the apogee days (pretty sure it was apogee i remember blakestone, wold3d, wacky wheels? correct me if im wrong)

none the less great game. deserves more credit

#25 Posted by Bozo (33 posts) -

Kids be playing Gears of War .... I had me Jazz Jackrabbit. Come on Cliffy I dare you to reboot Jazz. Could you imagine how that would go down with these blood crazed toddlers? They would probably crap down your freshly torn neck hole for even suggesting it.

Send babies to Iraq with parachutes and grenades. Fuck yeah.

#26 Edited by gamb1t (964 posts) -

@Bozo said:

Kids be playing Gears of War .... I had me Jazz Jackrabbit. Come on Cliffy I dare you to reboot Jazz. Could you imagine how that would go down with these blood crazed toddlers? They would probably crap down your freshly torn neck hole for even suggesting it.

Send babies to Iraq with parachutes and grenades. Fuck yeah.

we need more of you around here, all these kids that think halo n gears are the shit. we need mothafucken crusader, rise of the triad, mystic towers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.