Jeanne d'Arc: Any good?

#1 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -

I looked around and it got good ratings generally. Has anyone who's played this game got an opinion on it one way or the other?

I ask because it just got released on PSN for $22.99, so if it's good, I might grab it. Thanks.

#2 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Kevin Van ord gives it like a 9 or something.
Also it's pretty much the best thing on the PSP due to lack of anything else on the PSP.

#3 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -

Yeah, it got a lot of 9's and 8's, so I'm pretty sure it won't suck, but I'm still interested in opinions.

#4 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

If you're worried about money, just pull a dreamcast. *cough*

#5 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -
keyhunter said:
"If you're worried about money, just pull a dreamcast. *cough*"
And people still ask, "Why was Dreamcast so great?"

Because all the games were free, you morons.
#6 Posted by GalvanizedNails (552 posts) -

Jeanne D Arc is the best original SRPG on the PSP, but FF Tactics still beats it out for the best SRPG on the system, but for just over 20 bucks go for it! Its got great gameplay and an amazing story

#7 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -

I loved it. It's really fun once you get into it.

#8 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -
GalvanizedNails said:
"Jeanne D Arc is the best original SRPG on the PSP, but FF Tactics still beats it out for the best SRPG on the system, but for just over 20 bucks go for it! Its got great gameplay and an amazing story"
Yeah, Disgaea is one of my favorite PSP games, so I was hoping for a comparison like that. ;)
#9 Posted by DarthMaul (803 posts) -

The story of this game can't be beat.
My first playthrough, I died a lot it seemed, but the game got a little easy as it went on. What I did to get by the easiness and make it harder was to use lower level characters sometimes.
Read my review for my full opinion. It's a great game; I'd buy it if I were you.

#10 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

I bought this game on PSN and man its true, its probably the best game on psp. Story is awesome, cutscenes are great and the gameplay is well done. I love it.

#11 Posted by ExcessDebris (146 posts) -

yes very!

#12 Posted by Dooops (227 posts) -

So ummm, if you still haven't decided.. It's a great game! I just finished it. Got a good 43 hours of gameplay out of it :) But I like to explore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.