Contacting Jeff Gerstmann

#1 Posted by HanssenTheMighty (17 posts) -

How does one contact Giant Bomb's Editor In Chief Jeff Gerstmann?  I need to ask him something privately.  Thank you.

#2 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

send him a pm.  
he's on your list of people you follow.  

#3 Posted by ajamafalous (11848 posts) -
#4 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Ground control to Major Gertsmann.

You have to put 2 fingers to your ear, and say Jeff 3 times.

Sometimes the wrong Jeff appears.
 In fact I'm yet to have Jeff Gertsmann appear.
Jeff Bridges once. That's it though.

#5 Posted by JiuJitsuka85 (377 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/jeff/

And then click "Send PM" ( It's next to the yellow star )

#6 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" Ground control to Major Gertsmann.  You have to put 2 fingers to your ear, and say Jeff 3 times.  Sometimes the wrong Jeff appears.  In fact I'm yet to have Jeff Gertsmann appear. Jeff Bridges once. That's it though. "
GOLD!
#7 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i don't think he replies to PM's. i sent him a PM  while ago about DRM he never answered me. i was going to use him as a source for a paper as to why companies shouldn't put DRM into games. i never got an answer so i didn't use him. i can still use him if he ever replies to me.

#8 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" Ground control to Major Gertsmann.  You have to put 2 fingers to your ear, and say Jeff 3 times.  Sometimes the wrong Jeff appears.  In fact I'm yet to have Jeff Gertsmann appear. Jeff Bridges once. That's it though. "
That's weird. I tap my heels together 3 times and whisper his last name over and over again. I do this about 2 hours a day.
...it hasn't worked yet.
#9 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

You guys are doing it wrong. 

You have to send out a smoke signal in the shape of a Jungler. The only problem is, this fire needs to be started with beard-hairs of Abraham Lincoln. This part is difficult, as to get to the the Abraham Lincoln beard-hair tree your need to fight a monster crafted solely of durgers. 

Not a problem, right?

#10 Posted by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -
@iam3green said:
" i don't think he replies to PM's. i sent him a PM  while ago about DRM he never answered me. i was going to use him as a source for a paper as to why companies shouldn't put DRM into games. i never got an answer so i didn't use him. i can still use him if he ever replies to me. "
Oh come on. If you want to contact the man, send him an e-mail or call the Giant Bomb office. You shouldn't expect to start having a casual conversation with the dude, but don't make him out to be some unreachable celebrity either.
#11 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

Jeff editor in chief?

#12 Posted by ButtonsMcBoomBoom (128 posts) -

You start threads about contacting him, and eventually he shows up.

#13 Posted by Dalai (6996 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
Well there's your problem. You're trying to contact Jeff Gertsmann when you're looking for Jeff Gerstmann.
#14 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@iam3green said:
" i don't think he replies to PM's. i sent him a PM  while ago about DRM he never answered me. i was going to use him as a source for a paper as to why companies shouldn't put DRM into games. i never got an answer so i didn't use him. i can still use him if he ever replies to me. "
I dunno about Jeff. But the staff will respond to PMs. Brad, Drew, and Dave have all responded to me before.
#15 Edited by SJSchmidt93 (4884 posts) -

Upon "yellowpaging" Jeff Gerstmann I come up with 2, both in CA, neither of which are in the area where I would expect this particular Jeff Gerstmann to be living.

#16 Posted by DEllen (149 posts) -
Jeff's like a piece of string, when you need him he's nowhere to be found but when you don't... BAM! he jumps out your closet and grants you 3 wishes. Well string dooesn't grant you 3 wishes but you get the point.
#17 Posted by Godlovesugly (276 posts) -

Play this song really loud and he'll appear. 

#18 Edited by NTM (7263 posts) -

He probably won't respond. If you're important enough to talk to, he'd think you'd be too busy to be on this site. You may not be able to tell, but he's a lot about business.
#19 Edited by Trilogy (2645 posts) -

Turn around... HE's RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

#20 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

Look for his coming, at first light, on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East.

#21 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Trilogy said:
" Turn around... He's RIGHT BEHIND YOU! "
Oh god!
#22 Posted by TheHT (10880 posts) -

privately huh? bow chika wow wow.

#23 Posted by Mikewrestler5 (602 posts) -

He most likely won't respond. He think he's an elitist.

#24 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@Dalai said:
" @Ineedaname said:
Well there's your problem. You're trying to contact Jeff Gertsmann when you're looking for Jeff Gerstmann. "
Turns out you were totally right.
Jeff says hi.
#25 Posted by HanssenTheMighty (17 posts) -

Well I did that and  thanks for the help.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.