Finally met Jeff Gerstmann

• 88 results
#1 Edited by ChrisOVC (129 posts) -

Finally, after many many years of enjoying this mans reviews, videos, and pretty much everything, finally met with him after his panel at Pax East. He's even more funny in person and when you tell him to do a pose he will just throw one out there, got him to sign my pax east badge and take this picture

Edit* there we go, bigger picture

Edit Again* plus.. he was actually wearing full pants!
#2 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

WHERE THE PICTURE

#3 Edited by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

Cool, but where's the picture?

EDIT: Never mind. lol @ jeff

#4 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

you lucky son of a bitch

#5 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

Thats pretty awesome. I am quite envious. congrats :D

#6 Edited by ChrisOVC (129 posts) -

damn guys reply fast lol, was trying to get it so it wouldn't crop and the big one was just to out of focus, so this will have to do

All must fear and respect the Sharpy!

#7 Posted by yakov456 (1896 posts) -

That would certainly be Jeff G.

#8 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -

Careful, Jeff is about to perform his notorious magic trick...

#9 Posted by Red12b (9073 posts) -

Well done?

#10 Posted by OverLord00 (173 posts) -

woop de do *twirls finger in air*                                                                                                 

(damn you   >.<     )

#11 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

The big question though is.....does he smell of mahogany and success like everyone says he does?

#12 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

Damn! That's awesome. I would like to shot the shit with that man sometime. Especially if he's funnier in person!

#13 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -

Ugh I totally forgot to get tickets to PAX East, and i have $250 in airfare saved up.

#14 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

That's awesome, but now that has made me so jealous of you right now.

#15 Posted by ChrisOVC (129 posts) -

And before i left, got to see him sign someones persona 4 cover, perfect way to end pax to here him talk about charlie then wright on his face

#16 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Thats cool dude. It would be cool to met him, or any of the crew.

#17 Posted by AndrewB (7436 posts) -

Yup. I'm officially bummed that I didn't go to PAX East. Not like I have anything better to do right now.

#18 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

What a legend. You sir, are a lucky man.

#19 Posted by Seedofpower (3924 posts) -

I wish they did a PAX in the south =(

#20 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -

You lucky SOB.       :P

#21 Posted by dancinginfernal (470 posts) -
@Ryax said:
" you lucky son of a bitch "
#22 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

So lucky. 
I envy you, sir.

#23 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

We should be "pictures with Jeff Gerstmann" buddies.

#24 Posted by ChrisOVC (129 posts) -
@EpicSteve: Sounds good to me sir
#25 Posted by neoepoch (1293 posts) -

Damn. I wish I could have taken a picture with him, but all I had was a crappy phone cam. BUT Rich and Alex showed up way after the panel and I did manage to talk with them a bit and get them to sign my PAX note page. It was awesome.

#26 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

I don't believe this is the real Jeff Gerstmann.  The real Jeff Gerstmann travels with many sexy bitches.  I see zero sexy bitches.
#27 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

I walked past him, I didn't think to check if he was wearing full pants, what was I thinking!?

#28 Posted by RipTheVeins (1544 posts) -

Pics or it didn't-- Dammit!

#29 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@Hamz said:
" The big question though is.....does he smell of mahogany and success like everyone says he does? "
Bitter almonds I heard.
#30 Posted by heat (190 posts) -

Pants? Surely you jest.

#31 Posted by JJWeatherman (14552 posts) -

That's awesome.

#32 Posted by super2j (1650 posts) -

Its to bad that encounters like these never lead to Jeff asking you to chill (calling u by name)and join the crew as a full time playologist. lol i joke. So how was the panel, did Jeff actually have a lot to say?

#33 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Ryax said:

" you lucky son of a bitch "

@JJOR64 said:

" You lucky SOB.       :P "

why's he lucky ?    
#34 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: He is going to have the magical powers of Jeff now.
#35 Edited by ChrisOVC (129 posts) -
@super2j: Panel was pretty good, Jeff was well Jeff, He knew when to kid and play around but also be serious when he was answering pretty good questions and then he did a mixture of kidding and being serious. Someone asked a question about sport games and why do they keep bringing it out every year instead of just more DLC, and I will Quote jeff on saying this, his answer was "People like football".

Oh and since it was a Sequels panel he said we shall hear about GiantBomb 2 at this years E3
#36 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

That picture is seriously lacking in bro-hug.

#37 Posted by super2j (1650 posts) -

@ChrisOVC:  Giantbomb 2??? so soon after Giantbomb 1?!?! I thought they said they were going to support 1 for a while. Thats it, im starting a petition to boycott giantbomb 2. I bet they are going to charge same price (free) for entry which is unacceptable. The last thing i want is a glorified DLC.

#38 Posted by Tebbit (4446 posts) -

I'll keep my fingers crossed for PAX Southern Hemisphere.

#39 Posted by InFamous91 (931 posts) -

GRRRR 
I'm so jealous of you. 

#40 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@Tebbit said:
" I'll keep my fingers crossed for PAX Southern Hemisphere. "
PAX Mid-Western America( e.g chicago)
#41 Posted by fugie7 (1105 posts) -

that's awesome dude

#42 Edited by leftyhijack (49 posts) -

I went Saturday and saw no Jeff T_T...though i did see some dudes in stylish Giant bomb sweatshirts ^^

#43 Posted by tyxja (276 posts) -

thats fucking awesome man, i've been a jeff fan since 13 back in 2004.

#44 Posted by neoepoch (1293 posts) -
@Rockanomics said:
" I walked past him, I didn't think to check if he was wearing full pants, what was I thinking!? "
He had to have worn long pants. This weekend Boston was really cold, especially since it was so warm the week before....but that is New England I guess. After living here for a while, you'd think I'd learn by now.
#45 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -
@Dany said:
" @Tebbit said:
" I'll keep my fingers crossed for PAX Southern Hemisphere. "
PAX Mid-Western America( e.g chicago) "
Shit, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Midnight Brown to do a birthday show for me in May...for the fee of "a sixer".
#46 Posted by Corpulate (44 posts) -

thats awesome i also met him at PAXEast i asked how much i would have to pay him to make an HD versi

on of dont shit my pants
#47 Edited by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Lucky, duder. That was cool of him to take the time and pose with you.  Hope you had fun at PAX East, since I keep hearing that it was a total blast.  

Any other memorable moments from the show?

#48 Posted by Qdor (70 posts) -
@ChrisOVC:  
I was at the panel too, but my phone was dead so i couldn't get a picture with jeff :(  although i did score one of the ryan figures and got ken levine to sign it, so i guess they even each other out in the end
#49 Posted by ChrisOVC (129 posts) -
@VinceNotVance: Whole show was pretty awesome, went to a few panels, met with some of the ign guys and some developers, had to wait in line to get ketchup, Played some red dead redemption, even more excited for it now. got a free gaming mouse from the joystiq panel, sadly its left handed tho. But in the end, played lots of games, made some new friends, and just had a blast
#50 Posted by MadeinFinland (839 posts) -

How did it feel? Was it like a meeting with William Shatner?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.