Giatbomb's Jeff Gerstmann on TWiT Today

#1 Edited by zonerover (584 posts) -
Edit: Now that the show is long over, here's the YouTube version of the entire show. You can also get the feeds to subscribe to the audio or video version on the second post of this thread.

I have a tendency to ramble on so I am going to get straight to the point. I've really enjoyed Giant Bomb over the past few years. I've also enjoyed TWiT when I discovered them a few years ago as well. While they have two completely different styles, at their cores, they share the common similarity of having people who are extremely pasionate about what they do - technology with TWiT and video games with Giant Bomb. Well beyond my wildest comprehension, these two things seem to be coming together. Evidence from Leo and Jeff's tweets.

Leo: "@giatbomb - Hey Jeff Gerstmann - let's get you on TWiT today. Are you still in Petaluma? DM me"
Jeff: "@leolaporte Hey Leo, yeah, I'm in Petaluma, would love to come through and chat. DM me the details (or follow me and I'll DM you my cell)."
Jeff: "Heading across town to get my TWiT on. I will be sure to properly represent the east side of Petaluma to the _fullest._ http://live.twit.tv/" 

Plus Veronica Belmont's tweet:
"Going to be on This Week in Tech with @LeoLaporte @jeffcannata and @jeffgerstmann pretty soon! Talking games, of course. http://live.twit.tv "

I was hoping giatbomb was Giant Bomb and it seems like it is. So it appears the people of TWiT, Core, The Totally Rad Show and Giant Bomb are coming together. Go Jeff! Represent the video games!

#2 Posted by Andorski (5171 posts) -

Leo Laporte!  Jeff Cannata!!  Jeff Gerstmann!!!  Veronica Belmont!!!!

When is awesome going to happen?

#3 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1733 posts) -

I think it's in 15 min.

#4 Edited by zonerover (584 posts) -

TWiT starts a little past the hour, so yes, I think its in 10 minutes now.

And BTW, have no idea how Jeff found out about Leo's message after sending it to @giatbomb. I reserved @giatbomb in case anyone from Giant Bomb wants it. I doubt they will, but people should always reserve misspellings of your website in case impostors/pranksters are lurking.

Edit: I saw that he made the @giatbomb mistake, didn't delete it, and then posted another tweet with @giantbomb. Guess once you have +100,000 followers, you probably have to give up on the possibility of deleting messages since they would have circulated far and wide by the time you try to fix your mistake.

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -

I see him on the stream right now.

#6 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -
#7 Posted by punkxblaze (2947 posts) -

Man, Jeff seemed hella uncomfortable when the whole Gamespot thing was mentioned.

#8 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

Pretty bored, this is just what I was looking for thanks dude.

#9 Edited by Jeffsekai (7025 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:

" I see him on the stream right now. "

Jeff's voice is so much deeper 

damn that girl is pretty cute
#10 Posted by zonerover (584 posts) -

The deepness of Jeff Gerstmann's Voice stands out against the 'squeekiness' of Veronica's voice, although Jeff Cannata rivals Gerstmann in that department.

#11 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -
#12 Posted by warxsnake (2634 posts) -

<3 veronica  

SHE should be on those special bombcasts, not the hooker

#13 Posted by Jeffsekai (7025 posts) -
@warxsnake said:
" <3 veronica   SHE should be on those special bombcasts, not the hooker "
This.
#14 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

When someone decides to release a PC game?! *stab stab stab*

#15 Posted by Jimbo (9767 posts) -

What is this?  What is going on?

#16 Posted by Andorski (5171 posts) -

They post these live shows as podcasts, right?  I got to go somewhere right now, but these clash of awesome personalities has me staying put at my desk.

#17 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1733 posts) -
#18 Posted by Jimbo (9767 posts) -

But they're not saying an.... ohhhh hello there nice lady!

#19 Posted by warxsnake (2634 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" But they're not saying an.... ohhhh hello there nice lady! "
theyre still setting up, i guess
#20 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -
@Jimbo said:

She's very pleasant. Her voice is relaxing. Who's this lady?
#21 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

LOL at the Lincoln Force joke.

#22 Posted by Darkerkamikaze (54 posts) -
@Bellum said:

" @Jimbo said:

She's very pleasant. Her voice is relaxing. Who's this lady? "
 Veronica Belmont
#23 Posted by Jimbo (9767 posts) -

I know right?  She isn't screeching or anything.

#24 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

im watching it now, what is it, radio station thing?

#25 Edited by zonerover (584 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:

" im watching it now, what is it, radio station thing? "

It's an audio podcast which also has a video version. Edited stuff on TWiT.TV and live stuff on LIVE.TWiT.TV
#26 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

i wish i was called after a Castlevania clan :(

#27 Edited by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -

Wow, this woman really is quite something looks wise (sorry to be perving a bit :/ ) 
Glad she's not yelling her point across and giving some good insight and (gasp) letting people speak :O 
Edit: she also has a smile that would melt the coldest of hearts :)

#28 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @warxsnake said:
" <3 veronica   SHE should be on those special bombcasts, not the hooker "
This. "

#29 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@swamplord666 said:
" Wow, this woman really is quite something looks wise (sorry to be perving a bit :/ ) Glad she's not yelling her point across and giving some good insight and (gasp) letting people speak :O "
its not perving, she's gorgeous.
#30 Edited by zonerover (584 posts) -
@swamplord666 said:

" Wow, this woman really is quite something looks wise (sorry to be perving a bit :/ ) Glad she's not yelling her point across and giving some good insight and (gasp) letting people speak :O "

I'll also add to the record that she's also very intellegent. You can find more of her weekly on Tekzilla.
#31 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

Why the fuck are you guys even mentioning Leigh Alexander?  It's really freaking stupid.

#32 Posted by Jeffsekai (7025 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" I know right?  She isn't screeching or anything. "
or interrupting anyone every too seconds with something dumb to say
#33 Posted by Hairydutchman (1039 posts) -

I'm not sure Sony will be happy with Veronica Belmont being excited about the 3DS.

#34 Posted by zonerover (584 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Jimbo said:
or interrupting anyone every too seconds with something dumb to say "
This is old. Can we please leave this thread to the show. There is that thread if you want to rant on about that.
#35 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@Hairydutchman said:
" I'm not sure Sony will be happy with Veronica Belmont being excited about the 3DS. "
what is she to Sony? (i dont know her :/)
#36 Edited by zonerover (584 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
" @Hairydutchman said:
" I'm not sure Sony will be happy with Veronica Belmont being excited about the 3DS. "
what is she to Sony? (i dont know her :/) "

She hosts Core on PSN.

@Hairydutchman said:

She is well known as being able to have an independent voice. She thought Left for Dead was cool, and I am happy she doesn't have be a female Kevin Butler.
#37 Posted by alternate (2679 posts) -

GB stalker alert - secret location [sic] of the new GB offices given away in the pre-show :D

#38 Posted by Jimbo (9767 posts) -

This is good.

#39 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
" @Hairydutchman said:
what is she to Sony? (i dont know her :/) "
She works on Qore.

I like this kind of set up for a live podcast/discussion. Would be awesome to see Giantbomb doing a similar show, separate from the Bombcast, with industry professionals and other journalists.
#40 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

Especially since Kevin Butler is...you know...fake >_>

#41 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@alternate said:
" GB stalker alert - secret location [sic] of the new GB offices given away in the pre-show :D "
did they mention when the move is happening?
#42 Posted by RobJ (398 posts) -

Leo and our Jeff together! Two of my heroes!

#43 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

Whoever the host is, he has a freakishly great radio voice!  I've never heard of Twit before, but it seems really interesting.

#44 Posted by warxsnake (2634 posts) -

holy shit long ad  

Hope GB never does this in the long run haha wow.

#45 Posted by Jeffsekai (7025 posts) -
@zonerover said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @Jimbo said:
or interrupting anyone every too seconds with something dumb to say "
This is old. Can we please leave this thread to the show. There is that thread if you want to rant on about that. "
rofl. no
#46 Posted by Gamer_152 (14049 posts) -

Awesome! Thanks for the tip-off.

#47 Edited by zonerover (584 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:

" Especially since Kevin Butler is...you know...fake >_>   "

You're right. I was never trying to argue that Veronica is fake

@alternate

said:

" GB stalker alert - secret location [sic] of the new GB offices given away in the pre-show :D "

Since he made it public, either he didn't know that everything went live, they have given up trying to keep that stuff private, or they'll be public offices?

Plus there was a Gizmodo joke referencing to Jeff's stolen poncho. Homing beacon's probably still on.
#48 Posted by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Seriously! something had to be said about how soothing his voice is! 
#49 Posted by Lumley (940 posts) -

Woah, just found this from Ryan's twitter.  
Prettty awesome!

#50 Posted by Hairydutchman (1039 posts) -
@zonerover: 

That's cool. 

I'm enjoying this podcast btw.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.