I'm kind of worried about you n Jeff...

• 58 results
#1 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

There was a thread in Deadly Premonition about HEY HERE'S A VIDEO OF RYAN TALKIN ABOUT DEADLY PREMONITION n I was all HM OKAY SURE!
 Then I was wondering what this Ustream channel was, and it's a stream of nothing. fuckin LITERALLY NOTHING. It's kind of Jeff recording his life all the time. This one's a video where Jeff silently drives his car for 20 minutes and then orders some Chinese food. He films it all and talks to the camera like his life is an endurance run or something- It was funny for a sec but now I'm kind of sad.
Then he said there were 138 PEOPLE WATCHING IT LIVE and that's also worrying- well- actually I don't even know what to make of that.

Also I feel really bad about saying "his life is an endurance run" :/

#2 Posted by Crono11 (1651 posts) -

You should check out the Social channel on Justin.tv. I don't even know how to describe it but man....it's rough.

#3 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

Everyone's life is an endurance run i suppose.

#4 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1791 posts) -

What? They do this shit all the time. 

#5 Posted by lolicanseeyou (525 posts) -
@CornontheCobbe said:
" Everyone's wife is an endurance using run i suppose. "
#6 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@CornontheCobbe said:
" Everyone's life is an endurance run i suppose. "
And thats just how it should be
#7 Edited by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -
@I_smell said:

"  Also I feel really bad about saying "his life is an endurance run" :/ "

Well you should, because life is like a hurricane, obviously, here in Duckburg. 

Also, I'm pretty sure they think of Pet Semetary by the Ramones after every Endurance Run, cuz they definitely don't wanna live that life again.
#8 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

I'm worried about Jeff too. He removed me from his XBL friends list.

#9 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

Uh...that's why it's called  Wasting your time: The Jeff Gerstmann Experience.

#10 Posted by RipTheVeins (1546 posts) -

You just now figured out they've been doing this?  It's been going on for like 6-9 months. 

And I'm not ashamed to admit I love it.

#11 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

Well, Giantbomb does support stalkers.......

#12 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -
@Snapstacle: Second Duck Tales reference in as many minutes. What the hell is going on *holds head and screams*

..Also, race cars, lasers, aeroplanes.
#13 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

He's talking to himself in an empty room, making comical quips about mundane things :(
and you're all watching D:

@Snapstacle said:

" @I_smell said:

"  Also I feel really bad about saying "his life is an endurance run" :/ "

Well you should, because life is like a hurricane, obviously, here in Duckburg.  Also, I'm pretty sure they think of Pet Semetary by the Ramones after every Endurance Run, cuz they definitely don't wanna live that life again. "
lmao "it's a duck-blur"
#14 Posted by alternate (2720 posts) -

Doesn't seem like it costs them anything to switch on the iphone during the commute and if ppl are in to that stuff then it is all promotion for the site.  Now if he starts filming his "dates" and commentating on the action that might be a step too far.

#15 Posted by Trilogy (2687 posts) -

You obviously didn't see the one where Ryan and Jeff joke about the art of puppet restoration. It's probably some of the best dry humor I've heard in a very long time. 

As far as Jeff live streaming by himself... I don't know how to comment on it because I haven't seen any of that. The ones I see are Jeff and Ryan talking about games on the drive home together and there's nothing worrying about that.

#16 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

I don't understand why they put up videos of themselves doing random shit nobody should care about.

but then comes the problem that some of you fucking stalkers do

I usually just skip ahead to see if they are talking about games and then turn it off. That one video they did of them going to eat shit at some diner? three hours long. And I'm certain some motherfucker watched every goddamn minute of it.

#17 Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer (303 posts) -
@I_smell said:
" There was a thread in Deadly Premonition about HEY HERE'S A VIDEO OF RYAN TALKIN ABOUT DEADLY PREMONITION n I was all HM OKAY SURE!
 Then I was wondering what this Ustream channel was, and it's a stream of nothing. fuckin LITERALLY NOTHING. It's kind of Jeff recording his life all the time. This one's a video where Jeff silently drives his car for 20 minutes and then orders some Chinese food. He films it all and talks to the camera like his life is an endurance run or something- It was funny for a sec but now I'm kind of sad.Then he said there were 138 PEOPLE WATCHING IT LIVE and that's also worrying- well- actually I don't even know what to make of that.  Also I feel really bad about saying "his life is an endurance run" :/ "
You're a moron.
#18 Posted by Delta_Ass (3282 posts) -
@CornontheCobbe said:
Fuck man, that shit's deep.
#19 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

Don't they do that like every week?

#20 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

at least it's named honestly 'wastin' your time'.

#21 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

You're obviously out of the loop on this one.  I don't see anything wrong with this.  It'll only be truly worrying once he starts bringing the cam for recording in the bathroom, family discussions, any sort of sexy time or anything private like that.  For now, it can be fun to watch, at times.

#22 Posted by Swaboo (451 posts) -

You don't have to watch them i suppose... I don't. If they can stream video from their car that is kinda cooh and don't blame em for doing it.

#23 Posted by RoujinX (419 posts) -

All life is an endurance run.
#24 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@Trilogy said:
" You obviously didn't see the one where Ryan and Jeff joke about the art of puppet restoration. It's probably some of the best dry humor I've heard in a very long time.   As far as Jeff live streaming by himself... I don't know how to comment on it because I haven't seen any of that. The ones I see are Jeff and Ryan talking about games on the drive home together and there's nothing worrying about that. "
ooh god I was fucking bawling that was so funny 
(the puppet thing)
#25 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" You're obviously out of the loop on this one.  I don't see anything wrong with this.  It'll only be truly worrying once he starts bringing the cam for recording in the bathroom, family discussions, any sort of sexy time or anything private like that.  For now, it can be fun to watch, at times. "
Well, he's a step away from doing just that!

Remember that stream they did about them going to eat? it was over TWO FUCKING HOURS LONG. and people watch that shit. why? they weren't talking about games.

what.the.hell.
#26 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Swery got him. Deadly Premonition is real. You hear that, Zach?

#27 Posted by the_gallo (141 posts) -

I would watch a life endurance run for everyone on the bombcast.

#28 Posted by Jimbo (9986 posts) -

Giant Bomb: Tonight at 6.  All net, all channels.  Would you like to know more?

#29 Posted by MauveForest (589 posts) -
@CornontheCobbe said:
deepest thing ever.
#30 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I live underneath Jeff's bed. I hope he doesn't hear me. Wait, he dropped some food, dinner time.

#31 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -
@Trilogy said:

" You obviously didn't see the one where Ryan and Jeff joke about the art of puppet restoration. It's probably some of the best dry humor I've heard in a very long time."

Allright, won me over, that is just about the funniest thing I've ever heard Jeff or Ryan say.
#32 Posted by NickLott (793 posts) -

Ryan and Jeff stream from their commute just about every week. They talk about various things and will take questions from the chat (when it's working). I love it, it's like getting extra podcasts every week. The two instances where you're talking about Jeff streaming alone was once while he left work early and streamed on a dare from Ryan and the people at the office and the other time, he just left the stream going while he ordered food for fun after he and Ryan parted company. Not really a big deal.

#33 Posted by K9 (621 posts) -

At first I thought this thread was going to be about jeff's weight. Now that is something to be worried about. 

With regards to Jeff streaming his rides back to home, I just see it as practice sessions for being in front of live audience. Being entertaining in front of an audience is a lot tougher than one might imagine it to be. These utream sessions provide a more relaxed atmosphere for Jeff and Ryan to talk about any and all ideas that come up in their minds. The difference is that both Jeff and Ryan try to bring out potential humor from these thoughts. They are just honing their craft during these short ustream sessions. There is nothing wrong with that.

#34 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -
@nicklott said:
" Ryan and Jeff stream from their commute just about every week. They talk about various things and will take questions from the chat (when it's working). I love it, it's like getting extra podcasts every week. The two instances where you're talking about Jeff streaming alone was once while he left work early and streamed on a dare from Ryan and the people at the office and the other time, he just left the stream going while he ordered food for fun after he and Ryan parted company. Not really a big deal. "
They were the only ones I saw, and I was like- this is just Jeff at home, alone, talking to himself.
#35 Posted by Mmmslash (2170 posts) -
@mutha3:  It's something they talked about fairly regular for year's, that buffet. I'm not saying it's a worthwhile video venture, I'm just saying there was precedence for it.
#36 Posted by FinalDasa (2046 posts) -

I did see the video, the first few parts were separated because a lot of the time those trips home with Ryan and Jeff talking about games and other random crap gets cut off. 

The 1st part of the video is just Ryan and Jeff driving home, Ryan drops Jeff at his broken ass car, he doesn't stop the stream and lets everyone listen to his radio, then eventually orders some chinese food when home. Bit weird? Yeah. But then again which of us here can profess to being not weird? 

#37 Edited by Zero_ (1977 posts) -

DON"T YOU GUYS GET IT!? WE'RE JEFF'S ZACH!

#38 Posted by NickLott (793 posts) -
@I_smell: If those are the only two you seen, I can how it would seem weird but take a look at others in both Jeff and Ryan's account archive, it's almost just the two of them talking and answering questions from fans on their evening commute home. It's their evolution from when they used to use audioboo to do mini podcasts.
#39 Posted by Dalai (7069 posts) -
@Claude said:
" I live underneath Jeff's bed. I hope he doesn't hear me. Wait, he dropped some food, dinner time. "
Lucky. I live under Snider's bed and he only drops vodka bottles full of urine.
#40 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
@Clinkz said:
" I'm worried about Jeff too. He removed me from his XBL friends list. "
he took me off his psn :(
#41 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Dalai said:
" @Claude said:
" I live underneath Jeff's bed. I hope he doesn't hear me. Wait, he dropped some food, dinner time. "
Lucky. I live under Snider's bed and he only drops vodka bottles full of urine. "
Ryan's bed, rats... Brad's, hairballs from the sideburns, crazy shit. Hell, underneath Andy's bed there's nothing but 0s and 1s. Don't get me started on Vinny. The stalkers need to come out tonight and tell the tale.
#42 Posted by Mcfart (1728 posts) -

meh, same thing as facebook really. also, he's driving home, probebly serves to cater his boredem

#43 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Mmmslash said:
" @mutha3:  It's something they talked about fairly regular for year's, that buffet. I'm not saying it's a worthwhile video venture, I'm just saying there was precedence for it. "
I don't care if they planned to do this from their childhood: its none of our busnisess, nor should we care what the fuck they do ouside of playing videogames.

The sad,sad thing is that people apparently DO care, and that bothers me.
#44 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

Their coverage of video games is what I'm here for, not what they do in their own time. I don't need to pretend to know or idolise video-game journalists, no matter who they might be. Anyone who does needs to reevaluate their priorities in life.

#45 Posted by Shoeblazer (29 posts) -
@I_smell: I am proud to say I was 1 of the 138 people at that time. PROUD, DAMN IT.
#46 Posted by Kowbrainz (923 posts) -

Heh, loved their puppet talk. Must've kept that shit up for a good 20 minutes until battery died. Wonder if they kept talking about them for a while after that or just went "oh, battery's dead, thank god we can have a slightly less abnormal conversation now"

#47 Posted by Bigandtasty (3204 posts) -
@Zero_ said:
" DON"T YOU GUYS GET IT!? WE'RE JEFF'S ZACH! "
Zach is Jeff's Zach. Right, Zach?
#48 Posted by Aether (94 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
" @Mmmslash said:
" @mutha3:  It's something they talked about fairly regular for year's, that buffet. I'm not saying it's a worthwhile video venture, I'm just saying there was precedence for it. "
I don't care if they planned to do this from their childhood: its none of our busnisess, nor should we care what the fuck they do ouside of playing videogames.  The sad,sad thing is that people apparently DO care, and that bothers me. "
You are so indignant about this its kinda scarier than Jeff talking to himself. You getting worked up about what other people do accomplishes nothing. Are you obsessed with people who are obsessed with Jeff? 

Side Note: Don't really care about any of this, but man if Vinny started one of those...
#49 Posted by Kovie (206 posts) -

Geez, now that you've made such a pointless argument towards these videos, we all have to act like it means something.

Most of the time it's conversation between Ryan and Jeff, with some low quality video of passing streetlights (Must be mesmerizing if you are sleepy, I imagine), sure, that's cool.  Because it's streaming, people can make stupid commentary and discuss relevant stuff amongst each other.  And apparently, as it turns out, sometimes Jeff just streams some arbitrary things because he can.  All of these videos aren't exactly cataloged for any meaningful purpose,  and I really doubt anyone is eager to rewatch old video of what's inside a fridge.

I know somebody here is getting real offended by the fundamental idea of somebody actually watching something so pointless.  Fuck that, why should you even care?  I generally don't like to spend very long watching quite literally nothing happen on a livestream (As someone who has spent a lot of late, excruciatingly dull hours staring at game marathon footage in the past), but it's at least decent background noise, particularily when it's actually live.

Stop being concerned.  It's nothing.  Put on the glasses.

#50 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Aether said:
" @mutha3 said:
" @Mmmslash said:
I don't care if they planned to do this from their childhood: its none of our busnisess, nor should we care what the fuck they do ouside of playing videogames.  The sad,sad thing is that people apparently DO care, and that bothers me. "
You are so indignant about this its kinda scarier than Jeff talking to himself. You getting worked up about what other people do accomplishes nothing. Are you obsessed with people who are obsessed with Jeff?  Side Note: Don't really care about any of this, but man if Vinny started one of those... "
Yes, pointing the creepy shit Giant Bomb's fans do in a topic about creepy shit that Gian Bomb fans do is totally comparable to people wasting three hours of their live watching two guys silently eat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.