Is Jeff actually color blind?

• 77 results
#1 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Just a question...heard it on the podcast. And i dont really know if its true.

#2 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

No, I hear the the guy is one big liar. Little known fact, his name isn't Jeff.

#3 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -
Pibo47 said:
"Just a question...heard it on the podcast. And i dont really know if its true."
Dude, he wouldn't lie about that XD
#4 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -

yes actually he is. Many times in his past he has brought it up. When talking about puzzle fighter II turbo hd remix he mentioned that to him green and yellow blocks look the same, he said this is often in his favor cause he will accidentally make insane combos. Listening to these guys speak taught me what color blindness really is, I always just thought you see black and white...

#5 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"No, I hear the the guy is one big liar. Little known fact, his name isn't Jeff."
I thought he might of been joking.
#6 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -
#7 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

It is ironic though for a video game journalist to be color blind. Color application is a huge part of a video game's appeal, at least for me.

#8 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -

Once on an episode of the Hotspot they listed all of the people working at gamespot who were color blind. I believe Vinny is also.

#9 Edited by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Wow.....i cant even begin to understand how you could play a game...and be color blind...wierd. And what type of color blind is Jeff? Jeff come tell us!

#10 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

It's quite common, IIRC.

#11 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -
Pibo47 said:
"Wow.....i cant even begin to understand how you could play a game...and be color blind...wierd. And what type of color blind is Jeff? Jeff come tell us!"
My guess is...if green and yellow look the same...then it's probably Blue-Yellow colorblindness, a version of dichromy.
#12 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

no its just that everyone else is color blind.  respect the g-mann

#13 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Pibo47 said:
"Wow.....i cant even begin to understand how you could play a game...and be color blind...wierd. And what type of color blind is Jeff? Jeff come tell us!"
My guess is...if green and yellow look the same...then it's probably Blue-Yellow colorblindness, a version of dichromy."
Then thats not soooo bad. It could be worse.
#14 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Pibo47 said:
My guess is...if green and yellow look the same...then it's probably Blue-Yellow colorblindness, a version of dichromy."
Then thats not soooo bad. It could be worse.
#15 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -
Pibo47 said:
"jakob187 said:
"Pibo47 said:
Then thats not soooo bad. It could be worse."
It would mean that all he sees is yellow and blue.  -_-  That's pretty shitty.
Jeff, where are you to confirm things for us when we need you?!
#16 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

In one of the podcasts I'm pretty sure he said that he forgot how to mix orange, because he can't see yellow and red. I don't know, that might have been a misinterpretation.

#17 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -

I can't believe what it would be like to be color blind.

Which color does he really see, yellow or green? Makes you think....

#18 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -
Relys said:
"I can't believe what it would be like to be color blind.

Which color does he really see, yellow or green? Makes you think...."
As long as he can see that it's all pink in the middle...then that's all that really matters, amirite?  = D
#19 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

I remember him saying a while back that when he was blaying "Da Blob" he had trouble and didn't want to admit to the PR guy he was colour-blind and the game was pretty un-playable for him.

#20 Posted by neoepoch (1295 posts) -
MasturbatingBear said:
"Once on an episode of the Hotspot they listed all of the people working at gamespot who were color blind. I believe Vinny is also."
Yeah back on the Hotspot they were listing people who were color blind. I think it was Vinny, Jeff, Aaron, and I think Ryan Macdonald was color blind. They were wondering if being color bind draws people to games.
#21 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
neoepoch said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"Once on an episode of the Hotspot they listed all of the people working at gamespot who were color blind. I believe Vinny is also."
Yeah back on the Hotspot they were listing people who were color blind. I think it was Vinny, Jeff, Aaron, and I think Ryan Macdonald was color blind. They were wondering if being color bind draws people to games."
The cult of color blind video game players....oh hell yeah. *Thats an idea for your next midnight brown album Jeff*
#22 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

I hear Mega Man 9 makes him see red.

#23 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"I hear Mega Man 9 makes him see red."

Badoom Tch!
#24 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I remember him talking about struggling at de Blob because of his color blindness, so I bet it is true.  I want Jeff to jump on this thread himself and say "Dudes, I am colorblind" or something. Clear the story.

#25 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
"I remember him talking about struggling at de Blob because of his color blindness, so I bet it is true.  I want Jeff to jump on this thread himself and say "Dudes, I am colorblind" or something. Clear the story."

He has said he is on multiple occassions, I don't think he has to. But if he wannted to comment on it, I doubt anyone here would have any qualms.
#26 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"It is ironic though for a video game journalist to be color blind. Color application is a huge part of a video game's appeal, at least for me."
He wouldn't really know the difference though if he was born color blind. He wouldn't even know he was missing something until someone told him ya know?
#27 Posted by whackmypinata (941 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"It is ironic though for a video game journalist to be color blind. Color application is a huge part of a video game's appeal, at least for me."
He wouldn't really know the difference though if he was born color blind. He wouldn't even know he was missing something until someone told him ya know?"
I'm sure he would notice the difference. It would be difficult to tell things apart.
#28 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
whackmypinata said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
"BiggerBomb said:
He wouldn't really know the difference though if he was born color blind. He wouldn't even know he was missing something until someone told him ya know?"
I'm sure he would notice the difference. It would be difficult to tell things apart."
I mean, it would be like telling someone that was born blind what it is like to see.
#29 Posted by whackmypinata (941 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"whackmypinata said: I mean, it would be like telling someone that was born blind what it is like to see."
That's not what I mean at all. I'm saying most likely in games like de Blob people who are affected by colorblindness will ultimately realize they are not getting the full entity of the game. Differentiating would be difficult and it would be easy to tell something is wrong.
#30 Posted by Dalai (7031 posts) -

I'm colorblind myself, but mine is quite common and hasn't really been a problem when playing games.  At some point, I'll buy de Blob and I'll probably be able to play it normally like most.

#31 Edited by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

To Gerstmann every rainbow looks like God's skidmark.

#32 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"To Gerstmann every rainbow looks like God's skidmark."
You got a writer?
#33 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -
Pibo47 said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
You got a writer?"
*pfft*  Cats with cool shades need no writer!!!
#34 Posted by calf_exercises (858 posts) -

its true and so is Vinny i think.

#35 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Pibo47 said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
You got a writer?"
*pfft*  Cats with cool shades need no writer!!!"

Goggles, jakob187, cats with goggles need no writer.
#36 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"jakob187 said:
"Pibo47 said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
You got a writer?"

Goggles, jakob187, cats with goggles need no writer."
Those are shades, not goggles.  Goggles look like this:

or this:

or even this:

#37 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"jakob187 said:
"Pibo47 said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
You got a writer?"

Goggles, jakob187, cats with goggles need no writer."
Those are shades, not goggles.  Goggles look like this:
"

Get rid of the straps and that's what the cat has.
#38 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

Nope.

#39 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Nope."

Um...

How are those, sunglasses?

Biff, get your furry ass over here. Are those glasses or goggles?!

#40 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Nope."
Yes.
#41 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

Even if Biff said goggles...I wouldn't believe him.

Shades.
#42 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Even if Biff said goggles...I wouldn't believe him.
Shades.
"

If those are shades, than the guy in your avatar is wearing a hat instead of a helmet.
#43 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

That he is, sir.

#44 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"That he is, sir."

Well...

Nothing is going to be accomplished here.
#45 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"jakob187 said:
"That he is, sir."

Well...

Nothing is going to be accomplished here."
It's all in protest to your avatar change.  =  P
#46 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"jakob187 said:
"That he is, sir."

Well...

Nothing is going to be accomplished here."
It's all in protest to your avatar change.  =  P"

B-but...

I made this one, in the first month or so of the site. I decided to bring it back because I don't want Fallout 3 at launch, instead I want Far Cry 2. AND I MADE THIS ONE!
#47 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"B-but...

I made this one, in the first month or so of the site. I decided to bring it back because I don't want Fallout 3 at launch, instead I want Far Cry 2. AND I MADE THIS ONE!"
Right, but Jeff is color blind...and that avatar seems offensive for this thread.  =  /
#48 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"B-but...

I made this one, in the first month or so of the site. I decided to bring it back because I don't want Fallout 3 at launch, instead I want Far Cry 2. AND I MADE THIS ONE!"
Right, but Jeff is color blind...and that avatar seems offensive for this thread.  =  /"

>.>

i go2sleap now
#49 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -

So he's color blind, big deal..At least he doesn't have a neurological disorder like tourettes syndrome that he has to put up with..it sure is a pain in the ass.

#50 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"jakob187 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"B-but...

Right, but Jeff is color blind...and that avatar seems offensive for this thread.  =  /"

>.>

i go2sleap now"
Please do.  I've gotta go do actual manual labor now, and I don't want to miss out on any convos.  =  D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.