The Jeff Goldblum wiki last edited by LordKorax on 03/31/14 07:27PM
View full history
Born Jeffrey Lynn Goldblum on October 22, 1952 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, actor Jeff Goldblum began his career on the New York stage after moving to the city at the age of seventeen.
Possessing his own unique style of delivery, Goldblum made an impression on moviegoers with little more than a single line in Woody Allen's Annie Hall
(1977), when he fretted about having forgotten his mantra. Goldblum went on to appear in the remake Invasion of the Body Snatchers(1978) before a high-profile turn in the classic ensemble film The Big Chill(1983).
The quirky actor turned up in the suitably quirky film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984), which became a 1980s cult classic, then went on to a breakthrough role in the David Cronenberg remake of The Fly(1986), which also featured actress
Geena Davis, Goldblum's wife from 1987-1990 and co-star in two additional films Transylvania 6-5000(1985) and Earth Girls are Easy(1988).
Goldblum was the star of some of the biggest blockbusters of the 1990s: Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park (1993) and its sequel, The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997), as well as Independence Day (1996). These films saw Goldblum playing the type of intellectual characters he's become associated with.
Some of Goldblum's most recent roles include Igby Goes Down (2002) and The Life Aqautic with Steve Zissou (2004).
|The Star of Tomorrow Award||The National association of Theatres||1983|
|The Saturn Award for Best Actor in The Fly||Saturn||1987|
|Acadamy Award Nomination for Live Action Short Film||The Acadamy||1996|
|Emmy Award Nomination for a Guest Appearance on Will and Grace|| ||2005|
- A video of Jeff Goldblum cogratulating you is your reward if you finish the Sega Dreamcast or Arcade version of the game The Lost World: Jurassic Park.
- Jeff Goldblum was in a skit on The Jamie Kennedy Experiment which featured a Cologne called Simply Jeff Goldblum.
- One of the strangest Goldblum related things on the internet is the (now-defunct) website jeffgoldblumiswatchingyoupoop.com which featured a song about Jeff Goldblum looking like a creep but getting away with it because he was so famous.
- His full name is Jeffery Lynn Goldblum.
- In 2009 there was an internet rumor that Jeff Goldblum had died while filming a movie in New Zealand. In reality Jeff Goldblum was not even in New Zealand at the time. He appeared on an episode of the Colbert Report to comment on the events.
- The game Thirty Flights of Loving features a special mode available to backers of the Idle Thumbs Video Game Podcast Kickstarter in which all characters are made in Goldblum's likeness.