"Dad"'s a free agent now. Will appear on the next Bombcast

  • 51 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for teflonbilly
#1 Posted by TeflonBilly (4742 posts) -
http://twitter.com/Greenspeak
 
"Okay. Geekbox and Giant Bombcast appearances confirmed for next week. If you're not sick of me yet (AND WHY ARENT YOU) you will be soon!"

If you don't know the awesomeness of the true Lord of the Ring then shame on you.
 
  
  
 
I haven't been this stoked about a Bombcast in ages.
Avatar image for begemot
#2 Posted by Begemot (116 posts) -

Yea, I remember his and his crews magazine.

Avatar image for djsire
#3 Posted by DJSire (47 posts) -

Him and Shawn Elliott were the best back in their 1UP podcast days. Hard to find them around anymore, now that Out of the Game is dead.

Avatar image for teflonbilly
#4 Posted by TeflonBilly (4742 posts) -

The Brodeo and the Hotspot/Bombcast were continiously changing places as my fave podcasts.
Jeff Green is extremely witty, insightful and experienced and his hosting skills were unmatched.
Hell, I loved several of his articles back in the day and I'm barely a PC gamer!
 
When he quit to GFW to work for EA I felt it was the biggest loss to games journalism since Greg Kasavin.

Avatar image for mr_skeleton
#5 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5195 posts) -

Two Jefffs in one podcast?! Your carzy!

Avatar image for jjweatherman
#6 Posted by JJWeatherman (14880 posts) -

Sounds like a cool dude. Sadly, I've honestly never heard of him.  *hides*

Avatar image for ineedaname
#7 Posted by Ineedaname (4276 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" Sounds like a cool dude. Sadly, I've honestly never heard of him.  *hides* "
Avatar image for teflonbilly
#8 Posted by TeflonBilly (4742 posts) -
@JJWeatherman:@Ineedaname: 
 
Edumecate yourselves
 
 
 

Avatar image for funexplosions
#9 Posted by FunExplosions (5534 posts) -
@TeflonBilly said:

" @JJWeatherman:@Ineedaname: 
 
Edumecate yourselves
 
 

 

"
I feel dirty now. That was hilarious, though. This bombcast should be brilliant.
Avatar image for colin
#10 Posted by Colin (709 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" Sounds like a cool dude. Sadly, I've honestly never heard of him.  *hides* "
"
Avatar image for teflonbilly
#11 Posted by TeflonBilly (4742 posts) -
@Colin: Well, he has his own page here for y'all to get acquainted
 
This tour of podcasts is just some elaborate ruse to virally market the next Peggle.
 
 
 

I'm onto you "Dad"!
Avatar image for mrklorox
#12 Posted by MrKlorox (11142 posts) -

Hey that's cool. I enjoyed his presence on previous casts a lot.

Avatar image for amethyst
#13 Posted by Amethyst (95 posts) -

I can't wait!

Avatar image for vonocourt
#14 Posted by Vonocourt (2188 posts) -

Great, I loved Jeff Green.
 
Funnily enough, the podcast that the lord of the rings dream was in was the first Brodeo I listened too. Needless to say, I was a fan then and there.

Avatar image for robitt
#15 Edited by Robitt (367 posts) -

YAY! Great news. Although Jeff is still regularly podcasting on the EA podcast for those interested. A little more subdued, but still Jeff as we know and love him. 
 
EDIT: Oh, he quit EA?

Avatar image for fjordson
#16 Posted by Fjordson (2565 posts) -
@Robitt said:
" YAY! Great news. Although Jeff is still regularly podcasting on the EA podcast for those interested. A little more subdued, but still Jeff as we know and love him.   EDIT: Oh, he quit EA? "
Aye. Done at EA and the podcast is finished.
 
I can't wait for his appearance on the Bombcast. The man almost always makes for good internet radio.
Avatar image for robitt
#17 Posted by Robitt (367 posts) -
@Fjordson said:
" @Robitt said:
" YAY! Great news. Although Jeff is still regularly podcasting on the EA podcast for those interested. A little more subdued, but still Jeff as we know and love him.   EDIT: Oh, he quit EA? "
Aye. Done at EA and the podcast is finished. I can't wait for his appearance on the Bombcast. The man almost always makes for good internet radio. "
Oh yikes. I actually liked the stuff he produced over there. Oh well, if it means we can hear him on the bombcast then still great news!
Avatar image for teflonbilly
#18 Posted by TeflonBilly (4742 posts) -
http://jeff-greenspeak.blogspot.com/ 
 
I can't wait to read some independent articles/reviews/whatever from him again.
I really lost a huge interest in the editorial content of 1UP when he left to go "corporate".
Avatar image for fjordson
#19 Edited by Fjordson (2565 posts) -
@Robitt said:

" @Fjordson said:

" @Robitt said:
" YAY! Great news. Although Jeff is still regularly podcasting on the EA podcast for those interested. A little more subdued, but still Jeff as we know and love him.   EDIT: Oh, he quit EA? "
Aye. Done at EA and the podcast is finished. I can't wait for his appearance on the Bombcast. The man almost always makes for good internet radio. "
Oh yikes. I actually liked the stuff he produced over there. Oh well, if it means we can hear him on the bombcast then still great news! "
Agreed. Despite his corporate affiliation, I think he still managed to put out entertaining content. But to be honest, I'm glad he's moving on to something else. I remember him talking about getting shifted from project to project constantly. After EA took him off of the MySims stuff, I feel like he was doing something that he didn't really sign up for.
 
(Obviously this is just rampant speculation on my part, but that's my take on it all)
Avatar image for warxsnake
#20 Posted by warxsnake (2720 posts) -

  

Avatar image for ajamafalous
#21 Posted by ajamafalous (13077 posts) -
@warxsnake said:

"   

"
Jesus Christ.
Avatar image for sawfish22
#22 Posted by sawfish22 (252 posts) -

Jeff Green: Be my dad.

Avatar image for amethyst
#23 Posted by Amethyst (95 posts) -
@Fjordson said:
" @Robitt said:

" @Fjordson said:

" @Robitt said:
" YAY! Great news. Although Jeff is still regularly podcasting on the EA podcast for those interested. A little more subdued, but still Jeff as we know and love him.   EDIT: Oh, he quit EA? "
Aye. Done at EA and the podcast is finished. I can't wait for his appearance on the Bombcast. The man almost always makes for good internet radio. "
Oh yikes. I actually liked the stuff he produced over there. Oh well, if it means we can hear him on the bombcast then still great news! "
Agreed. Despite his corporate affiliation, I think he still managed to put out entertaining content. But to be honest, I'm glad he's moving on to something else. I remember him talking about getting shifted from project to project constantly. After EA took him off of the MySims stuff, I feel like he was doing something that he didn't really sign up for. (Obviously this is just rampant speculation on my part, but that's my take on it all) "
He was glad that they gave him the opportunity to work on EA.com instead the games themselves. I believe he was on one episode of 4 Guys 1UP when he said that; told a bunch of stories about how he wasn't cut out to make games and pitched a new website idea to corporate.
Avatar image for djsire
#24 Posted by DJSire (47 posts) -
@warxsnake: 
 
That's pretty much the best Jeff Green video ever. The dude's on point. Plus, him and Tina is the best match up since Larry and Balki.
Avatar image for turboman
#25 Posted by turboman (8852 posts) -

Sorry everyone. 
 
GFW > Giant Bombcast.

Avatar image for ryanwho
#26 Posted by ryanwho (12012 posts) -

I want Jeff to work here. And maybe then they can let go bad Brad.

Avatar image for ryanwho
#27 Posted by ryanwho (12012 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" Sorry everyone.  GFW > Giant Bombcast. "
Hey that's just a fact of life. GB is a solid silver, though. Silver with a bullet. Like the beer/werewolf killer.
Avatar image for turboman
#28 Posted by turboman (8852 posts) -
@ryanwho: @ryanwho said:
" I want Jeff to work here. And maybe then they can let go bad Brad. "
Brad is an integral member of Giant Bomb, how dare you.
Avatar image for ryanwho
#29 Posted by ryanwho (12012 posts) -

No the bad one.

Avatar image for animateria
#30 Posted by animateria (3333 posts) -
@ajamafalous: 
 
It's kinda sad that Jeff Green's career went from respected guy on 1UP to a guy who talks about dumb Sim games that aren't even really Sim games.
 
At least he still has the GFW spirit of talking about whatever the hell he wants... to the 1UP crew anyways. 
 
I'm looking forward to this weeks Bombcast.
Avatar image for natetodamax
#31 Posted by natetodamax (19453 posts) -
@warxsnake said:
"   
"
Yessssss
Avatar image for ajamafalous
#32 Posted by ajamafalous (13077 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" @ryanwho: @ryanwho said:
" I want Jeff to work here. And maybe then they can let go bad Brad. "
Brad is an integral member of Giant Bomb, how dare you. "
He meant Nicholson.
Avatar image for warxsnake
#33 Edited by warxsnake (2720 posts) -

Everyone who's not familiar with Jeff Green should just look up some GFW podcasts on youtube.  
 
Search for Heroes of the Web especially, they used to re-enact forum discussions and such. 
 
        

  
  
   
 
my favorite: 
        
Avatar image for windex
#34 Posted by Windex (59 posts) -

I'm looking forward to this!

Avatar image for confideration
#35 Posted by confideration (517 posts) -

Oh my god... Whiskey needs to grab this guy up - NOW 
 
Also - The Brodeo Reunion #2 at PAX just got that much more EPIC. I am scheduling my weekend around that for sure. 

Avatar image for ka_tet19
#36 Posted by ka_tet19 (124 posts) -

Nice! Jeff Green is always a great personality to have on podcasts 

Avatar image for jeffgreen
#37 Posted by JeffGreen (16 posts) -

Thanks for the kind words, gang.
 
And I apologize in advance for..."Intern Vinnie." 
 
:)

Avatar image for mosespippy
#38 Posted by mosespippy (4748 posts) -

Now I'll have to listen to another Geekbox :(

Avatar image for mosespippy
#39 Posted by mosespippy (4748 posts) -

Now I'll have to listen to another Geekbox :( 
 
@Fjordson:
 The EA website stuff was his idea. He wasn't cut out for getting shifted from game to game so he proposed the idea to redesign the EA website and put up editorial content. Basically an EA branded version of 1up or gamespot is what he was going for, and the EA management loved that idea. Now they don't want any creative content put on it. They just want EA marketing spin, so Jeff decided to leave.

Avatar image for fjordson
#40 Posted by Fjordson (2565 posts) -
@mosespippy:  Ah, okay. Well I'm glad he decided to make that choice. A creatively unburdened Jeff is a positive for all video game fans, methinks.
Avatar image for bravetoaster
#41 Posted by BraveToaster (12636 posts) -

Shame on me... I've never heard of him until now. 
 
:(

Avatar image for george_hukas
#42 Posted by George_Hukas (1319 posts) -

Is this still happening or what?

Avatar image for teflonbilly
#43 Posted by TeflonBilly (4742 posts) -
@JeffGreen: And thank you for an excellent podcast appearance good sir!
Avatar image for lemoncookie01
#44 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1663 posts) -

God,that was such a great podcast.

Avatar image for jeffgreen
#45 Posted by JeffGreen (16 posts) -

Sorry again about "intern Vinnie" guys. :)
 
I'm old and senile. That's my excuse.

Avatar image for milkman
#46 Posted by Milkman (18779 posts) -
@JeffGreen said:
" Sorry again about "intern Vinnie" guys. :)  I'm old and senile. That's my excuse. "
Actually, it's "Vinny". 
 
 
 
You son of a bitch.
Avatar image for starfoxa
#47 Posted by StarFoxA (5261 posts) -

Anybody know where I could download old GFW podcasts? I've never heard of it before now, but I'd love to go listen to them, just looking who hosts it.

Avatar image for jason_e_sigler
#48 Edited by Jason_E_Sigler (146 posts) -
@StarFoxA:  That's 1up's thing, this link should take you there.
Avatar image for peacefulpaul108
#49 Posted by Peacefulpaul108 (60 posts) -

I <3 Jeff Green on the bombcast! :-)  
 
(I suspect that was edifying for almost no one.) 

Avatar image for onno10
#50 Edited by Onno10 (394 posts) -
@Milkman said:

" @JeffGreen said:

" Sorry again about "intern Vinnie" guys. :)  I'm old and senile. That's my excuse. "
Actually, it's "Vinny".     You son of a bitch. "
His real name is Vincent, how you spell his 'nickname' doesn't really matter.
Btw Jeff if you're senile, I wish my entire family was senile, because you're fucking awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.