Jeff Miller: Enigmatic Man of Mystery

#1 Posted by Superkenon (1457 posts) -

Just who is Jeff Miller? He's the top name under localization in practically every Nintendo game, but there's almost no information to be found on the man. I'm always curious about this whenever I see him in the credits. Appearing alongside him is often Leslie Swan, whose existence can at least be confirmed, and Bill Trinen of whom plenty is to be known. But Jeff Miller... is as the air.

So, yeah, passing curiosity. Thought I'd pose the question just in case someone's in the know. Of course, if that were the case then his wiki page wouldn't be so sparse. Ho hum.

#2 Edited by drag (1223 posts) -

in the damp darkness of nintendo's localisation offices ... leslie swan and bill trinen step towards each other, their clothes falling to the floor, cut away by the bladed growths rising out of their skin. their song is quiet one, lost against the hum of the cleaner's vacuum cleaner coming through the ceiling, that sound itself lost in the city's greater swell - the cars packed on the highways, the skytrams sliding along their rails, the electricity crackling through countless stacked and fraying wires.

but their song is a powerful one. they embrace, flesh pushing out fluids green and black and grey, pores yawning open like desperate sphincters. and in a shuddering heap, in a slick of split humanity on the basement floor, two become one. everything subsides ever so slightly, for no more a fraction of a second - traffic calmed, trams passed, the grid briefly weakening and the din dimming - and in that brief hush, that taut instant you can hear the mass calling out. calling its own name, its purpose, its destiny.

jeff miller. nintendo localisation team

#3 Posted by Nentisys (896 posts) -

lol

#4 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

i guess the world will never know the truth

#5 Posted by Harpell (174 posts) -
@drag

in the damp darkness of nintendo's localisation offices ... leslie swan and bill trinen step towards each other, their clothes falling to the floor, cut away by the bladed growths rising out of their skin. their song is quiet one, lost against the hum of the cleaner's vacuum cleaner coming through the ceiling, that sound itself lost in the city's greater swell - the cars packed on the highways, the skytrams sliding along their rails, the electricity crackling through countless stacked and fraying wires.

but their song is a powerful one. they embrace, flesh pushing out fluids green and black and grey, pores yawning open like desperate sphincters. and in a shuddering heap, in a slick of split humanity on the basement floor, two become one. everything subsides ever so slightly, for no more a fraction of a second - traffic calmed, trams passed, the grid briefly weakening and the din dimming - and in that brief hush, that taut instant you can hear the mass calling out. calling its own name, its purpose, its destiny.

jeff miller. nintendo localisation team

My God...that was beautiful.

Beautiful in so many terrible ways, as the horror of the endless void of the universe is beautiful.
#6 Edited by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -

He's just the manager of Nintendo's localization division.

#7 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11301 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

He's just the manager of Nintendo's localization division.

Is he though? IS HE?! Perhaps he's some sort of mystical language ninja! These are the kinds of things we need to know!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.