what is a Nitus?

#1 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

wikipedia says it is a mythological bug or something that crawls into your ear and eats your brain
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitus
 
wtf is that like jerry rice's dog's name or something?

#2 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -
@phrali: It is Jerry Rice's Dog's Name
#3 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

i wonder why he named his dog after thing that crawls in your ear and eats your brain

#4 Edited by Mysterion (159 posts) -

Are you talking mess about Nitus son?

#5 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

he ate my fuckin brain

#6 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

A miserable paw of secrets.

#7 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

@Mysterion said:

Are you talking mess about NItus son?

best not be makin' J-Rice angry

#8 Posted by smitty86 (697 posts) -

....................................................................................Fur-st Down..................................................................................

#9 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -
@smitty86 said:

....................................................................................Fur-st Down..................................................................................

Out of Bow-ounds. 
What has the world come to?
#10 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

If it's his dog, why is the title Jerry Rice and Nitus' Dog football? Saying "Nitus' Dog" suggests that Nitus is the owner of the dog.

#11 Posted by _Horde (837 posts) -

@Redbullet685 said:

@smitty86 said:

....................................................................................Fur-st Down..................................................................................

Out of Bow-ounds. What has the world come to?

Paws for a second here.

#12 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero
If it's his dog, why is the title Jerry Rice and Nitus' Dog football? Saying "Nitus' Dog" suggests that Nitus is the owner of the dog.
Football players aren't exactly known for their strong grammar skills...
#13 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1926 posts) -

It gets you a lot of ARF points.

#14 Posted by CodeFire (182 posts) -

@GorillaMoPena: That's an ARF-ful lot of points!

#15 Posted by rmanthorp (3873 posts) -

It's the old man. The dog is Jerry Rice.

Moderator
#16 Posted by GirnBlanston (102 posts) -

Ruff-ing the passer.
#17 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

@TheGreatGuero
If it's his dog, why is the title Jerry Rice and Nitus' Dog football? Saying "Nitus' Dog" suggests that Nitus is the owner of the dog.
Football players aren't exactly known for their strong grammar skills...

That grammar is correct. The alternative would be Nitus's, which is incorrect.

#18 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

I thought it had some thing to do with Jonny Unitas. But he probably just named his dog after Jonny Unitas.

#19 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3700 posts) -

@Brendan said:

@Enigma777 said:

@TheGreatGuero
If it's his dog, why is the title Jerry Rice and Nitus' Dog football? Saying "Nitus' Dog" suggests that Nitus is the owner of the dog.
Football players aren't exactly known for their strong grammar skills...

That grammar is correct. The alternative would be Nitus's, which is incorrect.

The possessive s is for "Dog Football" not just dog. The title is correct. The Dog Football belongs to both Jerry Rice and Nitus.

#20 Posted by shamroll (145 posts) -

I thought it meant you had to use those Zerg worm things to transport the dogs around the map.

#21 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:

@Brendan said:

@Enigma777 said:

@TheGreatGuero
If it's his dog, why is the title Jerry Rice and Nitus' Dog football? Saying "Nitus' Dog" suggests that Nitus is the owner of the dog.
Football players aren't exactly known for their strong grammar skills...

That grammar is correct. The alternative would be Nitus's, which is incorrect.

The possessive s is for "Dog Football" not just dog. The title is correct. The Dog Football belongs to both Jerry Rice and Nitus.

Now I get it. Thank you, Jeff Goldblum, for sharing your neverending wisdom.
#22 Posted by Zithe (1045 posts) -

@august said:

A miserable paw of secrets.

Good one.

#23 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

So I'm french and all so at first I didn't even know what a Jerry Rice was. Turns out he's one of (or the one) best NFL players of all time. Can anyone tell me why he's coaching dog football now? Or why he tried to play golf and came in 151st out of 152 out of some kind of preliminary tournament? Why didn't he just stop with sports after he retired
#24 Posted by Bustamoove (6 posts) -

Got 38 ARF points in the bucket and ran the QB in for full points... Won 89 to 72... B-Ball score!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.