Jet Set Radio Coming Soon To XBLA? (Rumour)

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

sweet! though Quake is also news to me o-O 

#3 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

Nice, I was actually just wondering if they had Jet Set Radio Future on the XBLM today. Damn I want to play that game again. Maybe they will release it if this does well.

#4 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

I'd buy it.

#5 Edited by jakob187 (21663 posts) -

I think it should be pointed out to some that Jet Set Radio was released in the U.S. as Jet Grind Radio, just so there is no confusion on that. 

Also...muthafuckin woot. 

Also also...Quake Arena?  As in "Quake III is coming to XBLA"?  FUCKING BOSS!!! 

Also also also...where the fuck is this picture from that someone already has an achievement-ridden Sonic 4 Ep. 1?!?!?! 

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!

#6 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

" I think it should be pointed out to some that Jet Set Radio was released in the U.S. as Jet Grind Radio, just so there is no confusion on that.  Also...muthafuckin woot.  Also also...Quake Arena?  As in "Quake III is coming to XBLA"?  FUCKING BOSS!!! "

I consciously choose to use the Japanese and European name in the title. I'll point that out in the OP though. 

Quake Arena was announced a little while ago, I've posted one or two images in the forum.  

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18955 posts) -

There were rumors going around that a couple of Dreamcast games are coming to XBLA.  I just want to know that price of them.  Hopefully no more then $20.

#8 Posted by benitobb (291 posts) -

I was just playing Jet Set Radio Future the other day.  I never played the Dreamcast original, but I loooove the Xbox game.
#9 Edited by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

Quake has been rumoured for a very long time..  Doesn't seem like it's ever coming, though this is encouraging news.
We've known a whole bunch of Dreamcast games were coming too, Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, etc.

But Jet Set Radio would be frikken amazing, easily one of my favourite games ever.
All we need now is Skies of Arcadia and the Shenmue games to be announced and hopefully at least some of these can sell well enough on here to show Sega that sequels wouldn't be totally unprofitable!

#10 Posted by Killroycantkill (1401 posts) -

I wish they would just make a new one. People have been clamoring for a new Jet Set game for a long time, I think it's about time Sega delivered. But knowing how well Sega has been running their company lately with the whole Bayonetta and Yakuza 3 thing, if it did come out I'm sure they would do something stupid like take out graffiti.

#11 Posted by Undeadpool (4923 posts) -

I wonder how that game's gonna hold up...I remember having tons of fun with it, but also that the last boss was a MASSIVE pain in the ass.

#12 Posted by derO23 (44 posts) -

It was the reason I got my Dreamcast, so I'll immediately buy it again.

#13 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I loved the one on the xbox but it had SEVERE frame rate issues. I would love to play the original on x box live! Such a fun game.

#14 Posted by Aeterna (1117 posts) -

Quake on a console? Oh god... that totally defeats the point of everything quake. 
JSR? Nice for you 360 users then. 
*pats his dreamcast*

#15 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

i would deffinately buy jet set radio, I loved that game

#16 Posted by Lawrens (688 posts) -

Day 1 if this is true. Love the original on Dreamcast

#17 Posted by Redbullet685 (6034 posts) -

hope they start adding more dreamcast games if this is true. I'd like to see Capcom vs SNK, Resident Evil 2, 3, and CV, and Crazy taxi as well.

#18 Posted by Aeterna (1117 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" @Aeterna said:
" Quake on a console? Oh god... that totally defeats the point of everything quake. JSR? Nice for you 360 users then. *pats his dreamcast* "
 You seem to forget Quake III was also available on DC. "
You bring up a fair point, since it was also big on there. 
But for me personally, the PC is the only platform for Quake. I wasted so many years editing and perfecting that config, playing clanwars, training strategies and the like that it's unreal.
#19 Posted by Atlantus_Air (187 posts) -
@Aeterna said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
" @Aeterna said:
" Quake on a console? Oh god... that totally defeats the point of everything quake. JSR? Nice for you 360 users then. *pats his dreamcast* "
 You seem to forget Quake III was also available on DC. "
You bring up a fair point, since it was also big on there. But for me personally, the PC is the only platform for Quake. I wasted so many years editing and perfecting that config, playing clanwars, training strategies and the like that it's unreal. "
Guess you're pretty hardcore?
#20 Posted by xyzygy (9944 posts) -

Man this is awesome news. I bought JSRF on launch day back in 2002, and it is one of my favorite Xbox games. I poured so many hours into it. I can't wait to get my hands on this because I never had a Dreamcast to be able to play it. Awesome job, Sega!

#21 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -

MAKE THIS SHIT HAPPEN!

#22 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

Id not mind I loved JSRF, I never played the original, Id love them to remake JSRF for the 360 or ps3 or both with online and such and more challenges....JSRF is the type of game that needs about 500 different achievements since you can do so much crap in that game.

#23 Edited by jakob187 (21663 posts) -
@Undeadpool said:

" I wonder how that game's gonna hold up...I remember having tons of fun with it, but also that the last boss was a MASSIVE pain in the ass. "

I play the Dreamcast one frequently actually, at least five or six times a year.  My last playthrough of it was about two months back, and I still loved the shit out of it.  You have to look at it as a glorified arcade game, though, to see the lasting value. 

Also, did someone say Crazy Taxi was coming to XBLA?  That would fucking RAPE!  I can only imagine the kind of achievements that would be on it!!!  Plus, OFFSPRING SOUNDTRACK!!!  Hopefully, they could enhance it a little in the graphics, as well as add more Offspring songs, like "Come Out Swinging", "End of the Line", "Hammerhead", and some other nitro-fueled badassery!!! 

As for Quake Arena...oh, it's fucking ON, muthafuckers!!!  I NEED MY QUAKE 3!!! 

@Aeterna: Quake III Arena on Dreamcast, as well as Unreal Championship, both played incredibly well and VERY fast.  It was definitely weird having only one analog stick back then, but now that we've got dual analogs, it should be pretty damn good in terms of feel.  Even stuff like Unreal Tournament III and War World felt really good on 360 without sacrificing much of the speed. 

But I agree - PC is the preferred platform.  However, I want Quake III for EVERYTHING!!! 

Also, all this Dreamcast game talk has me thinking that it's about time we got Soul Reaver and Shadow Man on XBLA as well, but more than anything...WE NEED POWER STONE ON XBLA!!!
#24 Posted by StarOceaner (23 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" There were rumors going around that a couple of Dreamcast games are coming to XBLA.  I just want to know that price of them.  Hopefully no more then $20. "
considering how much I loved Jet Set Radio Future and have always wanted to play Jet Grind Radio, I'll pay whatever they ask of me.
#25 Posted by TheLawnWrangler (1656 posts) -

hmm, If I recall, the Game Room guys started out wanting to emulate a few dreamcast games... heh. 

YUS!

#26 Posted by nyxywixy (21 posts) -

If they update it and release Virtual On  4 FORCE as promised I might pick up a 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.